Sponsored

Tips for dealing with road rage?

Zent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 GT Premium
I get pretty bad road rage when I'm in my stang and people mess with me like cut me off or speed up by me and merge inches in front of me without signaling and one time I had this idiot kid in a civic try to play "chicken" with me by coming in my lane and driving head on at me!

I've gotten so pissed off sometimes I lost control of myself and tried to chase them down.

In general I've had a lot of problems with emotional control and regulation and impulse control, but I've been working on that. Practicing Stoicism to not let my thoughts and feelings and idiots affect my actions.

What do you guys recommend? And yes I do see a therapist
Sponsored

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Get a Miata. It's fun to drive, not considered enough of a threat for the ricers to challenge you, and small enough to impose some level of caution out of fear of getting crushed.

Seriously, if the Mustang is causing you to get into situations that threaten your health, freedom, or both, lose it.

Last edited:

N17

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 350, 2018 Macan T , 2021 Ram 1500, 2015 R8
Your road rage only happens when you are in the stang?
If so I would say you are the problem, how dare people come close to your precious stang, don’t they realize how irreplaceable it is, they only made about a million of them.you know
Get over yourself.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Get a Miata. It's fun to drive, not considered enough of a threat for the ricers to challenge you, and small enough to impose some level of caution out of fear of getting crushed.
But then the brodozers roll coal on you lol

Road rage is silly, just give yourself extra time and drive defensive and stop taking it so seriously.

Sponsored

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
In general I've had a lot of problems with emotional control and regulation and impulse control, but I've been working on that. Practicing Stoicism to not let my thoughts and feelings and idiots affect my actions.

What do you guys recommend? And yes I do see a therapist
No pun intended, I'd continue on the course you are currently taking.

If someone is not following the law, like driving in an unsafe manner, cutting people off, etc., you can always file a report. People can and do.

Escalating the issue yourself will never have a good outcome, for you, your car, family or the other driver/s. People are A-holes; there's no doubt about that. Attempting to correct such behaviors yourself will only lead to more problems.

OP
OP
Zent

Zent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 GT Premium
Your road rage only happens when you are in the stang?
If so I would say you are the problem, how dare people come close to your precious stang, don’t they realize how irreplaceable it is, they only made about a million of them.you know
Get over yourself.
Lol I was surprised at first, but I can see that being an asshole is just in your nature

1676122010437.png

TEAsGrabber

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang Mach1
As a husband of PhD clinical Psychologist.....FIND A NEW ONE!!!!

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I try to think about future consequences when I get upset. There are people out there who carry guns with them and who knows what they might do if you start a fight? And it's against the law to attack or threaten someone in any way, no matter the provocation. Ending up in jail, losing your job, etc. would ruin your day a lot more than having someone change into your lane without signalling.

And I try to humanize the other person. Just pretend it's your mother in the other car. She made a mistake, but of course you will forgive her easily.

Sponsored

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
Is it worth dying over? That is the only question you should be asking yourself.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
One of my friends who had this problem considered every possible normal traffic maneuver as a personal slight against him.

people are allowed to “cut you off” and to pass you. You’re going to need to see those traffic moves as normal and appreciate that they aren’t doing anything versus you, they’re just doing their thing.

assume they are all on their way to something important like the hospital or something like that which you coulld accept as a valid reason.

another good idea is to stop driving in the fast lane. Go drive slow with traffic in the slow lane. If you can do that you’ll calm down. Its worth the extra couple minutes of travel time to correct your emotional and physical health.

MattMPA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT, 2016 Interceptor Utility, 2005 Excursion
Point and laugh.

TEAsGrabber

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang Mach1
Stupid comment. My psychologist is great and helped me a lot. Therapy takes time to identify and resolve issues. It doesn't just fix everything at once.
Ya I see they have helped you immensely! Losing your shit over an aggressive driver to the point where you endanger yourself and others on the road. That's a F'n 4000 lb weapon with you behind the wheel at that point! A GOOD psychologist would have (IF YOU WERE TELLING THEM WHAT YOU JUST POSTED) referred you to a psychiatrist to be medicated.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
another good idea is to stop driving in the fast lane.
If this is what you are doing you are causing the other person to lose his shit. If faster traffic is coming just move over.

The issue I have is people tailgating me. This happens on the freeway when I'm in the slow lane and on 2 lane's. I usually run 10 over. When they tailgate me I just keep slowing down till they pass or back off. If there is a wide spot I will pull over and let them pass. You would be surprised how many people will stop in the road to keep from passing me.

There have been times on the freeway where I have slowed down to 35 before the azzhat will pass.

This has happened to me in every car or truck I've driven.
Sponsored