TicTocTach

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
What made you pick 25mm instead of any of the thousand other size options they have?
25mm is the size verified to work on a bunch of other swaps detailed here on M6G, but since my car has Magneride I wanted to verify what would work before swapping out any parts. I actually ended up using 20mm spacers because on my car there was still plenty of space between the wheel edge and the strut. That dimension doesnā€™t change with the alignment, so I knew I was good. That may not be true with non-MR cars, so measure twiceā€¦
Sponsored

OP
OP
TicTocTach

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
There is an immaculate B5 Blue mate to your car that shows up occasionally at local roll-ins, staggered rubber on steel wheels and dog dish caps but still running the original six. The thing SCREAMS at me to buy it and do a 440 swap, but leaving it alone in appearance.
There may still be a 440 in her future, but sheā€™s pretty well balanced now. Aluminum heads would just improve thingsā€¦ šŸ˜Ž. And I have a 440 in my 68 Sport Fury convertible - that also needs to get back on the road. Mustang has been getting all my attention and $$$ since I got herā€¦

DabzDiggler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 ecoboost hpp with handling package
Nice build I dig it so far. I just got a 21 race red ecoboost hpp with the hp as well so itā€™s pretty much what you got going. I want to add the pp2 splitter as well my question is since I have the pp1 set up pretty much will the pp2 just bolt on or will I have to drill holes. Is there anyway to look under the car and see if the splitter already has the pre drilled holes.

OP
OP
TicTocTach

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
Nice build I dig it so far. I just got a 21 race red ecoboost hpp with the hp as well so itā€™s pretty much what you got going. I want to add the pp2 splitter as well my question is since I have the pp1 set up pretty much will the pp2 just bolt on or will I have to drill holes. Is there anyway to look under the car and see if the splitter already has the pre drilled holes.
Yeah, the HPP+HP looks like a pretty great setup. That's what I really wanted - basically the PP2 package with Ecoboost. Not sure why Ford didn't do that earlier, but you've definitely got the best possible EB that the factory offers.

I used a regular GTPP upper splitter and it did not have the holes for the PP2 lower splitter. It wasn't too tough to drill them using the PP2 piece as the template. You'll want to attach the ends of the PP2 in the wheel openings and then support the PP2 piece up under the car so you can mark things properly. I think you can see this in my pics. Having the GTPP undertray is a big help.

With all that said, I THINK there is a specific PP2 upper splitter that is pre-drilled, but you'd have to verify that with your local dealer - the online parts descriptions and photos all suck.

DabzDiggler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, the HPP+HP looks like a pretty great setup. That's what I really wanted - basically the PP2 package with Ecoboost. Not sure why Ford didn't do that earlier, but you've definitely got the best possible EB that the factory offers.

I used a regular GTPP upper splitter and it did not have the holes for the PP2 lower splitter. It wasn't too tough to drill them using the PP2 piece as the template. You'll want to attach the ends of the PP2 in the wheel openings and then support the PP2 piece up under the car so you can mark things properly. I think you can see this in my pics. Having the GTPP undertray is a big help.

With all that said, I THINK there is a specific PP2 upper splitter that is pre-drilled, but you'd have to verify that with your local dealer - the online parts descriptions and photos all suck.
Ya thatā€™s pretty much what I wanted as well a pp2 ecoboost. From my reading I think the hpp ecoboost comes with the belly pan and the pp1 splitter from the gt if thatā€™s the case I should have the holes and just be able to get the pp2 splitter and hardware Iā€™m in a wheelchair so I canā€™t really get under to see if the pp1 splitter has the holes yet

Sponsored

OP
OP
TicTocTach

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
Ya thatā€™s pretty much what I wanted as well a pp2 ecoboost. From my reading I think the hpp ecoboost comes with the belly pan and the pp1 splitter from the gt if thatā€™s the case I should have the holes and just be able to get the pp2 splitter and hardware Iā€™m in a wheelchair so I canā€™t really get under to see if the pp1 splitter has the holes yet
Ah, yeah, that job is a pain if you can't get the car pretty high up off the ground. All I can tell you is that the PP1 splitter I bought (used take-off) did not have any holes for the PP2 lower splitter. I have seen someone comment that their PP1 splitter DID have the holes, but I don't recall if it was on the car or ordered. If you can reach under the the splitter, you could feel for the holes - they'll be about in the middle of the splitter piece - it bolts on to the nose / bumper from behind with the undertray out of the way.

DabzDiggler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
Ah, yeah, that job is a pain if you can't get the car pretty high up off the ground. All I can tell you is that the PP1 splitter I bought (used take-off) did not have any holes for the PP2 lower splitter. I have seen someone comment that their PP1 splitter DID have the holes, but I don't recall if it was on the car or ordered. If you can reach under the the splitter, you could feel for the holes - they'll be about in the middle of the splitter piece - it bolts on to the nose / bumper from behind with the undertray out of the way.
Ahh reallly I was thinking all pp1 was good to go Iā€™ll have to check mine so you can just look under and see the predrilled holes if I see them Iā€™m good to go then

OP
OP
TicTocTach

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
Back in May of 2020, I had the local dealership install the FRP tune for me. That was an ordeal itself, but it got done and after things settled in for a bit, I was able to consistently see a half-second improvement in 0-60 times. The car felt stronger, but how much stronger? Only another trip to the dyno would tell, and a friggin' year and a half later I made it.

Weather conditions weren't identical - significantly cooler with the tune, and the air density altitude was much better as well. With that said, the differences are pretty obvious at the low end and top end, but less than I expected to see through the mid range.

Down low, torque was up a max of nearly 80 lb-ft @ 2900rpm, with pretty fat gains from 2200-3500. Similar gains - more than 50 lb-ft - were seen from 5500-6500 where the stock 2.3L falls on it's face.

Horsepower increases of 30-50 HP did occur from 2800-3700, but the peak gain of 76 HP came in at 5700rpm. There was an additional 45+ HP available from 5400-6300rpm, again opening up the top end over the stock tune.

All in all, it's a pretty decent result, even if it feels like there is still something that needs to wake up. For now, I'm happy with the extra power and I need to get it out to a drag strip to verify how she runs in the quarter.

2021-12-30_DA calculator  Air Density Online.png

2021-12-30_FRP_Tune_Combined_Dyno.jpg

davidkrocks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT Convertible
Here's the red stitch E-brake boot dropped in next to the original - pre-install. You get the picture... but I haven't actually TAKEN a picture of the installed piece yet. The texture of the boot matches the console better, but the leather is a little stiffer than stock so you have to be careful when you install to make sure the brake handle will go all the way down.

48141521778_5c20f03533_c.jpg
E-Brake Boot by clair_davis, on Flickr
did you ever install the e-brake boot? if so, how was the install for you? It looks beuatilful

OP
OP
TicTocTach

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
did you ever install the e-brake boot? if so, how was the install for you? It looks beuatilful
Sorry for the late reply on this - I did in fact get the boot installed a while ago, and it looks / works great. It was a little stiff at first, but has settled down nicely. The only down side is that it points to the lack of red stitching on the handle end of the leverā€¦
DC2452B5-BBBE-4372-A58D-436DD091B56F.jpeg

Sponsored

ihasnostang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Saturn ion, 2019 201A, EB PP1, Ruby Red
i also have a ebpp ,is the pp2 lower splitter required to use the pp1 bellypan ( JR3Z17626B )? Or can i get by with only the pp1 lower lip (JR3Z-17D957-CA)

edit; i bought just the pp1 and the lower one wasnt necessary

Last edited:

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost, Rapid Red Premium
I know this is an old thread, but I am interested in who makes the rear decklid spoiler you show in some of the pics when you did the front splitter upgrade. You never mentioned it or where you sourced it from, and the manufacture of it. Does it just stick on with 3M tape or is it also bolted on as well.

BD

OP
OP
TicTocTach

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
I know this is an old thread, but I am interested in who makes the rear decklid spoiler you show in some of the pics when you did the front splitter upgrade. You never mentioned it or where you sourced it from, and the manufacture of it. Does it just stick on with 3M tape or is it also bolted on as well.

BD
Hey, there... It's been a while since I updated this, lots of interesting things have come to pass...

Easy answer is that the spoiler I used is a factory PP2 spoiler I purchased as a take-off from a guy who was going to a GT350R spoiler on his PP2. It is held down with 3M tape and factory bolts - I had to drill holes in my factory spoiler-delete deck lid and that was stressful...

OP
OP
TicTocTach

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
i also have a ebpp ,is the pp2 lower splitter required to use the pp1 bellypan ( JR3Z17626B )? Or can i get by with only the pp1 lower lip (JR3Z-17D957-CA)
If all you want to do is add the larger 5.0 Perf Package lower splitter, I think it MIGHT install directly replacing the 2018-2020? EBPP splitter. The 5.0PP1 splitter sticks out maybe an inch more than the EBPP / base GT splitter, and wouldn't require the PP1 belly pan. That pan really only has provisions for the PP2 splitter PLUS big brake cooling ducts for the Brembo brakes.

ihasnostang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Saturn ion, 2019 201A, EB PP1, Ruby Red
If all you want to do is add the larger 5.0 Perf Package lower splitter, I think it MIGHT install directly replacing the 2018-2020? EBPP splitter. The 5.0PP1 splitter sticks out maybe an inch more than the EBPP / base GT splitter, and wouldn't require the PP1 belly pan. That pan really only has provisions for the PP2 splitter PLUS big brake cooling ducts for the Brembo brakes.
i got both the ducted belly pan and the pp1 lip installed this weekend. thanks though
Sponsored