JP's 2018 Build Thread

JP_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Hey guys! I have never actually attempted a build thread before. I have had 5 mustangs now and was always a part of forums, I just never took the time to do this. I have already done a few things to the car so I will update with what I have done so far.

I still haven't decided if I will stay N/A or go with a power adder yet. If I go power adder, I still don't know which way I would go with yet either. I have had a nitrous mustang, turbo mustang, centri blower mustang and obviously I have had an N/A mustang as well. So, the only thing I haven't had is twin screw type supercharger yet. Still debating which way I want to go with this car.

Anyway, on to the car. It is a base model with the MT82 tranny... Starting to wish I went with the A10 but the old sport car mentality got the best of me!

Here is the day I brought her home:

[/URL][/IMG]
Sponsored

OP
OP
JP_Stang

JP_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I knew when I bought her I would need wheels ASAP! So...

XXR 521 20x10.5 squared with 275's all the way around. I had to use a 1/4" spacer on the front to miss the calipers.

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

OP
OP
JP_Stang

JP_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I can't stand not having tinted windows! I put 20% on all the windows, minus the windshield. Still debating on tinting the front windshield or not.

I don't have any pictures that I can find right now of right after I had the car tinted so I have to combine another mod with this post. I also tinted all the lights. I cut away the portion that was supposed to cover the fog lights and only tinted the side markers on the headlights. Everything is tinted black.

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

OP
OP
JP_Stang

JP_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
The immediate to do list at this point is Steeda Progessive's and Corsa Sport exhaust with black tips.

Will update as she progresses!

Sponsored

OP
OP
JP_Stang

JP_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
So haven’t updated in quite some time. I was buying parts little by little. My wife went back to school so the loss of her income has slowed me down. I finally installed what I had in the garage. This is what she has now

Suspension
Steeda progressive sport springs
Steeda strut tower bar
Steeda 2 point G-Trac
Steeda IRS bushing kit
Steeda IRS alignment kit
Steeda IRS subframe braces
Steeda red differential bushing

I have Steeda’s massive front sway bar, rear sway bar, and billet mounts on the way now.

I have Steeda’s closed box CAI to install when decide to contact Lund for a tune using my Ngauge.

More Steeda parts to come! I will load some pictures on the next decent day.

OP
OP
JP_Stang

JP_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
OP
OP
JP_Stang

JP_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
So I finally got my Steeda sway bars and billet mounts installed. Changed the entire feel of the car! I have the “massive” sway bar up front. I will say that I have developed a clunking noise in the front end that I will be looking at tomorrow. Mounts are tight, wheels are tight. I don’t know if the bar is hitting somewhere or if this has something to do with still currently using stock end links.

I also got my Lund E85R tune and installed the Steeda closed box CAI. Car runs much stronger now! I am seriously impressed at the difference this made!

Next on the list is front grilles and headers. Will update as soon as I can!
C2235F21-1381-4BE9-8195-23C0DBC203AC.jpeg
Sponsored