Sponsored

Throttle House puts the 2020 GT500, Camaro ZL1 and Challenger Hellcat Redeye on the track

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Dodge Challenger T/A 392 6 speed manual.
Not sure we can compete with the conspiracy theorists here who say Randy Pobst sandbags the lap times for Ford products.

My feelings on the matter.. GT500 is a great car. 18k+ for the CFTP which appears to only offer carbon wheels and tires that fall off quick as an upgrade.. too much. GT500 base + handling pack seems like the winner here. If I had the means (yeah, I'm a POOR) it would be a tough choice between that or a C8 Z51.
Yes poor Randy has taken a beating on here, so he likes GM? He has to like something, if he liked ford would he be sandbagging chevys? He is a great driver who has set many records in all kinds of brands. I was not calling out anyone per say all brands have the nut job fanboys. I could not believe how many people were calling the c8 z51 not stock because it was in track alignment on here awhile back. I like the challenger the best, but if GM or Ford came out with a great retro car I could be a bigger fan of that.
Sponsored

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
Not partial to Ford, GM, or Dodge. Just want the most bang for the buck. In this category a barely used '18 or '19 ZL1 with <7K mi can be had for <$55K. Brand new around $60-63K with discounts. That would be my choice b/c of price. The Dodge products are too overweight.

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
Not partial to Ford, GM, or Dodge. Just want the most bang for the buck. In this category a barely used '18 or '19 ZL1 with <7K mi can be had for <$55K. Brand new around $60-63K with discounts. That would be my choice b/c of price. The Dodge products are too overweight.
Used C7 Grandsport and/or Z06 is a great bargain too. Once the C8 hits and more used ones hit the market there could be some great bargains there. Manual transmission too.

Concrete GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red Vert
This is a donut:

54ef9111b81cb_-_chocolate-glazed-yeast-doughnuts-recipe-wdy1012-de.jpg

It looks like a tire and is sticky, so I'm assuming it would produce better lap times ... if not, I would suspect it would taste better than a tire.
Much like the tires on the GT500 that donuts looks to be well cooked....

Concrete GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I could not believe how many people were calling the c8 z51 not stock because it was in track alignment on here awhile back.
What kind of logic is that? A STOCK BASE GT500 was compared to a C8 with a track spec alignment done by GM engineers....Why not compare stock for stock? Ford engineers didn't put a Whipple or Fathouse turbo kit on the GT350 when it was compared to an AlphaMaro, right?

Yes it needs to be brought to attention so that people know it's really about a 5-6 second difference between the 2...SMFH....

Sponsored

ZRacerLE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2 & ZLE A10
What kind of logic is that? A STOCK BASE GT500 was compared to a C8 with a track spec alignment done by GM engineers....Why not compare stock for stock? Ford engineers didn't put a Whipple or Fathouse turbo kit on the GT350 when it was compared to an AlphaMaro, right?

Yes it needs to be brought to attention so that people know it's really about a 5-6 second difference between the 2...SMFH....
Doesn't really matter man. Once real people start tracking the GT500 as well as more mag reviews happen, the truth will be known. The data sample is just too small right now.

Laststandard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Vehicle Showcase
You're seriously comparing an alignment to an aftermarket turbo kit?

FFS, at least GM makes performance cars that can have something as simple as a camber adjustment done from the factory without the need for extra parts or grinding struts.

Concrete GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You're seriously comparing an alignment to an aftermarket turbo kit?

FFS, at least GM makes performance cars that can have something as simple as a camber adjustment done from the factory without the need for extra parts or grinding struts.
Then they should have compared the C8Z51 to a GT500 CFTP.....right? I mean if we really want similar features....my guess is that would have been a 10-12 second shredding.

mJolnir

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang

So if the track alignment is done by the OEM it is an aftermarket mod?......you do know its on the owners manual right?

They did compare it to both versions of the gt500, the gt500 lgbtq was the faster one

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
So if the track alignment is done by the OEM it is an aftermarket mod?......you do know its on the owners manual right?
Aftermarket parts.....

The camber plates with the handling package/CFTP have the plates to adjust to factory recommended settings.

Sponsored

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150

You don’t get it. MT did a review on the C8. GM showed them what a street alignment would do, then showed them the difference when you put it in the track alignment, thus showing possible owners what they can do if they buy the C8 and what can be accomplished by what comes stock on the car. MT just used that article and blended it with there review of the gt500 and CFTP. They did nothing that no track guy would of done if they were going to track there C8. And to let you know again, these test were not at the same time and it was not a head to head. I would bet neither Ford or GM knew they were going to do a comparison test. I can’t believe how upset you seem to be over test that were done on separate occasions and act like they were some kind of conspiracy.

Concrete GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Used C7 Grandsport and/or Z06 is a great bargain too.
I think a low mileage ZO6 will be a great performance grab and if availability and adm. on the GT500 stay as they are I could be pretty happy toolin' around in one for a couple of years...As much as I love Ford I'm also a bit like Randy....old and cheap..

Concrete GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t get it. MT did a review on the C8. GM showed them what a street alignment would do, then showed them the difference when you put it in the track alignment, thus showing possible owners what they can do if they buy the C8 and what can be accomplished by what comes stock on the car. MT just used that article and blended it with there review of the gt500 and CFTP. They did nothing that no track guy would of done if they were going to track there C8. And to let you know again, these test were not at the same time and it was not a head to head. I would bet neither Ford or GM knew they were going to do a comparison test. I can’t believe how upset you seem to be over test that were done on separate occasions and act like they were some kind of conspiracy.
Simple then....post the times without the adjustment, right?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
What aftermarket parts? The car can be aligned like that as it comes from the showroom floor.
Not to track spec, sparky

That's why the handling package has factory track camber plates
Sponsored