Sponsored

Throttle House puts the 2020 GT500, Camaro ZL1 and Challenger Hellcat Redeye on the track

chill66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500
so its ok to listen when the throttle house guys say that the gt500 tires are cooked, but not when the edmund guys say they cant get traction because its too cold?
Huh? All the cars were racing in the same cold weather, meaning they were all handicapped by the same conditions at the same time. Hardly the same as racing one car with cooked tires vs one that doesn’t have cooked tires. Furthermore, they replicated the same exact results from the runs on their test track with the same cars.
Sponsored

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL

mJolnir

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
Huh? All the cars were racing in the same cold weather, meaning they were all handicapped by the same conditions at the same time. Hardly the same as racing one car with cooked tires vs one that doesn’t have cooked tires. Furthermore, they replicated the same exact results from the runs on their test track with the same cars.
You mean cooked like these rear tires?
a2948fb2-5f21-4508-a8d6-9841fa4279ce-png.png

So it doesnt matter when the guys at edmunds say that they cant get traction and that the camaro tires are affected more than the others, but it does matter on the other tests that the mustang tires are "cooked"?

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL

So it doesnt matter when the guys at edmunds say that they cant get traction and that the camaro tires are affected more than the others, but it does matter on the other tests that the mustang tires are "cooked"?
i must say. That is a nice picture.

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Dodge Challenger T/A 392 6 speed manual.
The 1le is doing a pretty good job of making itself look good. So what do Chevy fanboys do? Make it look worse by making stuff up, that’s right for fanboys it’s never enough to win, you have to win harder.

Sponsored

chill66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500

:cwl::crackup:

You cannot be serious? Randy nor anyone else in that test mentioned the zl1 tires being cooked. They did however, be sure to state the 500 tires were cooked and even went on to say the 500 would have beat it around the track with fresh tires. You must be trolling.

gmd2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R

The rear tires on that car are not sport cup 2'

The rear tires on the car pictured are Goodyear Supercar 3R's they look like that brand new, they are essentially slicks. Since they had at least two camaros in this video are we sure this is the actual car that set the lap time? Again horrible test set up for BOTH cars.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
The rear tires on the car pictured are Goodyear Supercar 3R's they look like that brand new, they are essentially slicks. Since they had at least two camaros in this video are we sure this is the actual car that set the lap time? Again horrible test set up for BOTH cars.
Yes, I hope people with zero experience and/or clue stop posting pics and carping about, "See! See! This blurry photo, of a tire I have no clue about means something-something! Quack quack quack!" :crackup:

jcartwright734

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dream car
Just when i think this thread couldn't get anymore ridiculous...it does. "Look at this pic!" that i have no idea what it's of and when it was taken but I'm going to pretend i do and speculate.

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
The rear tires on that car are not sport cup 2'

These are the tires specced for ZLE and GT500 as they would look new on the vehicle. What I find interesting is that the tread depth on the GY is 5/32" and the tread depth of the Cup 2 is 7/32", yet, people's experiences with the two tires is that the Cup 2 wears faster.

Tire comparo.JPG

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
This is a donut:

54ef9111b81cb_-_chocolate-glazed-yeast-doughnuts-recipe-wdy1012-de.jpg

It looks like a tire and is sticky, so I'm assuming it would produce better lap times ... if not, I would suspect it would taste better than a tire.

mJolnir

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
These are the tires specced for ZLE and GT500 as they would look new on the vehicle. What I find interesting is that the tread depth on the GY is 5/32" and the tread depth of the Cup 2 is 7/32", yet, people's experiences with the two tires is that the Cup 2 wears faster.

Tire comparo.JPG
Its not wear, after a track day they get hard and just dont grip that much, at least thats my experience with them.

:cwl::crackup:

You cannot be serious? Randy nor anyone else in that test mentioned the zl1 tires being cooked. They did however, be sure to state the 500 tires were cooked and even went on to say the 500 would have beat it around the track with fresh tires. You must be trolling.
No they didnt, mention that on the video, just like they didnt mention that the gray zl1 1le ran the gt500 3 times and won on all of them.

Oh yes im trolling you all, just because you get hung up on some details and want to discredit the test because the ford lost, but ignore the same kind of details on the tests that ford wins.

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
This is a donut:

54ef9111b81cb_-_chocolate-glazed-yeast-doughnuts-recipe-wdy1012-de.jpg

It looks like a tire and is sticky, so I'm assuming it would produce better lap times ... if not, I would suspect it would taste better than a tire.
Depends on the camber adjustment. If you go too far negative you won't get as much chocolate to the pavement. :wink:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
yet, people's experiences with the two tires is that the Cup 2 wears faster.
the Cup2 compound goes off faster. It may also shed rubber but that is not the issue under discussion. That pic is utterly useless from a standpoint of asserting anything aside from the tires are black and round, and they rolled the cars thru a dusty area before taking the picture.

Laststandard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Vehicle Showcase
The 1le is doing a pretty good job of making itself look good. So what do Chevy fanboys do? Make it look worse by making stuff up, that’s right for fanboys it’s never enough to win, you have to win harder.
Not sure we can compete with the conspiracy theorists here who say Randy Pobst sandbags the lap times for Ford products.

My feelings on the matter.. GT500 is a great car. 18k+ for the CFTP which appears to only offer carbon wheels and tires that fall off quick as an upgrade.. too much. GT500 base + handling pack seems like the winner here. If I had the means (yeah, I'm a POOR) it would be a tough choice between that or a C8 Z51.
Sponsored