Sponsored

This is why rock chips

cjgt350

Adrenaline Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F250 Platinum 2016 GT350 TP
So what's the crowd favorite right now? Xpel, Hexis, Suntek? I understand they each have different levels of texture on them - which is the least/most texture?
For me Xpel Ultimate. Smooth as glass and the technology is very good. It has the same self healing clear that is on a Nissan GTR for example. I believe it is a Dupont product/technology. It makes the film a little more difficult to work with when installing but I have had it 7 vehicles now with no complaints. The film is a bit more expensive as well but well worth it. It is the only film they use on exotics locally while usually wrapping the entire hood and you cannot tell whatsoever.

http://www.xpel.com/xpel-ultimate-paint-protection-film/
Sponsored

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
I had my Xpel installer cut a custom piece that goes from the rocker panel all the way up to the character line above and in front of the tires. That area takes a lot of hits from junk thrown back from the front tires.
Is this the section where the GT350 logo is and/or the entire lower section of the door?

It's 10x worse with sport cups.
Indeed! I have to sweep out my garage every other day now.

picture.jpg

alevine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Porsche GT3, '15 BMW M3, '17 GT350R, '05 997
I've used Suntek, Xpel and 3m. Last year I put Suntek on my 991 GT3. I don't track that car and Suntek is a little thinner than the other two I mentioned. It is more optically clear and is less detectable. If the car is tracked or driven in more harsh environments I prefer the Xpel. In fact, I have a 350R on order that should be here in August. I plan to track it so I will go Xpel with that car.

gtaindetail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
XPEL has brand recognition, it is very good. Suntek is clearer but seems to perforate a little easier. 3M Pro series is nice as well, but installer hate using it because it's tough to apply. I'm going 3M pro but XPEL will look fine as long as it's installed properly.

Sponsored

ckit73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350 (TP, Magnetic), Audi S6,
I recently had a custom Xpel PPF (Clear Bra) installed on the following areas: front bumper, front fenders, full hood (one piece), mirrors, front of the rear quarter panels (custom cut piece), door edge and rear bumper over the trunk.

It turned out awesome! My installer did a great job and took his time getting it right. I've recently gone back for a quick spot check to get any remaining bubbles out. AutoPro Films did a great job.

Since my GT350 track pack didn't come with stripes I had stripes applied after the clear bra. I had a matte black stripe with grey accent stripe installed. They also applied Opti-coat pro on the stripes to protect it from UV, etc. I like the way it turned out. Vinyl Styles did the striping work.

I looked around in the SF Bay Area for installers and ended up going with a quality installer vs. PPF brand (although I did a search both ways).

If anyone is interested I will post a photo or two, once I figure out how to do it.
Sponsored

Last edited: