Rock Chips Anyone?

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
You still want to do your car if so i have a new product from Europe called Bodyfence by Hexis they are a car wrapping company that do car wraps and clear wraps same product but with no dry I been doing cars with it for a week now very very good cant see it on car when done make paint look like clear glass and if you try making it with a permanent marker others cant take it off or very hard to this one wipes right off.
Definately will be doing PPF on my Shelby, just need the car first and then just a matter of choosing which brand and what exactly i want protected.
Will keep you posted.
Sponsored

Ven0r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, 2016 Focus RS, 2013 Raptor

Sponsored

Ven0r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, 2016 Focus RS, 2013 Raptor
What would be the best way to keep just the stripes as a matt finish? Do the whole car then go over the stripes only with matt ppf? I see your talking about Bodyfence lately, how does that compare with Xpel or Suntek in terms of look and price? Does Bodyfence have matt finish?

derand

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.derand.com
First Name
Derand
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, C8, R8 V10 Gated, Golf R APR, 19 GT350
Good question I'll look in to it I've tried the bodyfence and it goes on easier and stretches better and the top coat seem better but yes I have not done enough cars yet but will let you know soon

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Anyone getting a bunch of chips on their rear quarter panels right behind the door? If so did you do anything to help reduce them? I've got a few after 600 miles.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Getting mine done may 18th

Full front with Suntek as well as the kick up area in front of the rear tires.
Good call. Got full car wrapped in non-precut SunTek. No regrets.

Well, one. Wish I would have personally detailed the car first, which is the easiest way to do a detailed inspection. Found some factory blemishes during and after wrapping that I would have had corrected before having it wrapped. Minor in the grand scheme, so no big deal.

Bottom line, so far so good with SunTek.

Sponsored

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350

cjgt350

Adrenaline Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F250 Platinum 2016 GT350 TP
Anyone getting a bunch of chips on their rear quarter panels right behind the door? If so did you do anything to help reduce them? I've got a few after 600 miles.
Xpel has a kit for the GT350 called the "impact area" which is from the top body line to the rocker in front of the rear wheel. I had that done along with full rockers, front end, headlights, mirrors a-pillars and roof with Xpel Ultimate. Also used door edge 3/8" film to protect the inner fender lip behind the tires. I have all my vehicles done in this film. Great stuff.

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Just love my JLT rock blockers, awesome product and for $12 , it was a no brainer. :thumbsup:

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Just love my JLT rock blockers, awesome product and for $12 , it was a no brainer. :thumbsup:
I picked up a pair. Hope they help cut down on the chips.
Sponsored