Sponsored

Thinking of buying a Mach 1 to daily - Thoughts

swoop1156

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach HP, 22 Raptor 37PP, 22 Cayenne Turbo SE
Refreshing to hear people truly use their vehicles. And of all things, yeah, the underbody doesn't really bother me that much.
I realize I just hit 44,000 mi on my Bullitt this week on a morning commute in about 33mos, so right on the penny 16k/yr. Fantastic miles!!

In winter, throw on a dedicated set (I got a winter set ready for the worst of Dec-Jan, but for the rest it's wearing Pilot 4 AS).
I believe you're the first to say you're running the Pilot 4 All Season. I'm considering that tire over the Sport 4S. How do you like it and what sizes you got?
Sponsored

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Mach 1 non-hp, A10 is a perfect DD.
Also a car that will turn heads since it looks a lot different than a GT.
And I’ve tracked mine, very impressive for a novice, beyond my capabilities.
Like others said, once you load up a GT with the same options , the price isnt much different and there are many more little things on the Mach 1 that you can’t add to the GT.
Save the money from the HP and buy a second set of all-seasons with wheels so you can do it yourself.
Throw on an H-pipe and some tints and leter rip tater chip!

89CF97E6-05AE-4A5E-809B-81CAF45C7D7F.jpeg

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I believe you're the first to say you're running the Pilot 4 All Season. I'm considering that tire over the Sport 4S. How do you like it and what sizes you got?
I....honestly think someone else posted about them before.
I've gotten them put on in May at Costco, they had a deal on Michelin, plus Bullitt comes stock with summer 4s.
I figured AS of the nearly same tire gotta be pretty good.

Stock sizes, so 255 front, 275 rear. Just got first snow in OH, but it melted plus I didn't drive anywhere.
Time will tell and if it gers too bad, I got Sotozzero 3 winters on dedicated rims, too.

Since they have all those extra sipes and lot more thread than the summers, they do tend to be kind of tad "swimmy" in the back, but the winters with lot of thread do it too.

Overall, so far a good tire, decent wear, snow on the ground will tell how good they are.

MarquanTR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marquan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I have a daily drive Mach 1 without the HP(10r80). Swept up the MHP1 wheels from LMR 19 x 10 with continental DWS06 plus (275 square), and it's the perfect daily driver for me. An optioned out GT will get really close to a Mach 1's price so the choice is up to you, but I'd go with the Mach 1 again 100%
unnamed (2).jpg

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I have a daily drive Mach 1 without the HP(10r80). Swept up the MHP1 wheels from LMR 19 x 10 with continental DWS06 plus (275 square), and it's the perfect daily driver for me. An optioned out GT will get really close to a Mach 1's price so the choice is up to you, but I'd go with the Mach 1 again 100%
unnamed (2).jpg
I did the same Continental DWS sport 275’s all the way around but on 9.5” wide RTR’s
They are great tires!
I’ll probably do the same with the Continental DW’s when my 4s’s wear out.

Sponsored

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Do it, do it, do it

IanKar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Mustang Mach1 HP A10; 22 Shelby GT500 HP
I saw a post where the guy said -"do you own your Mustang or does the Mustang own you?". Since then I use my Mustang on the road and track it. I have tracked a few times already since purchasing it in September this year. I'm going to enjoy this car while I have it. Who knows how long we'll be able to enjoy our gas powered cars with all the climate change initiatives. I'm even installing the Watson roll bar so as to keep it street legal. The one issue with the HP is the lower splitter that scrapes on some bad roads and entrances. I also put quite the negative camber on which is great for the track but not so for the road. But I'll leave it as long as I can afford the tires.

rabbitweasel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach1, Mischievous Purple, Tremec, non-HP
Guess I'll throw in my experiences having had mine for 2.5 months and ~1800 miles on a non HP model. I daily mine and it's working out great. I live in Atlanta but tend to commute opposite the direction of heavy traffic and put on ~150 miles a week on it. I also am driving it with the Tremec (reason I got the Mach1 over loaded GT) and also the cloth Recaro seats. I'm shorter/lighter than average so the Recaros haven't been a hinderance for me. I've also taken one moderate distance road trip to Charlotte for the track experience and at 500 miles round trip it wasn't a problem at all. Weather is warm enough that I don't really feel the need down here to have a 2nd set of winter wheels although in the last week of unusually cold rain the tires do lose some grip but I'm not really getting on it in poor weather so it's hardly noticeable.

Not really anything I would change given my circumstances. I even traded up from my beater 04 Mustang GT that had an automatic transmission. My desire to own at least one more manual car before they dwindle even more / go electric beat out any resentment over losing the automatic. And in the warm weather, the Tremec + all the other Mach1 goodies that make the car really make the commute more fun.
Sponsored