The whipple wait

snw13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford mustang GT prem
my kit came in last friday. a few weeks later than originally said. my shop is doing a bunch of little upgrades to it as well. but i have to wait for them to finish other projects to get to mine. so hopefully the end of this week or sometime next week. at least it's been delivered lol.

Sponsored

slime_bullet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
So what is the turnaround these days? If my oil analysis and compression test come back good, I'm throwing the bills

az89gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I ordered my Whipple on 4/29 and contacted Beefcake today as it's now been 12 weeks. They talked to Whipple and mine is shipping in 3 weeks.

On a side note, what size pulley comes with the blower?

19BULLITTwhipple

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ramzi
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt 2019
I ordered my Whipple on 4/29 and contacted Beefcake today as it's now been 12 weeks. They talked to Whipple and mine is shipping in 3 weeks.

On a side note, what size pulley comes with the blower?
3.875 with the stage 2 complete kit I think

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Got my P-1X yesterday from Beefcake. I ordered on Memorial Day, so it took about seven weeks total. The Procharger itself was ready to ship at four, but a supply shortage of some part caused a three week delay. I feel for you Whipple guys.

Sponsored

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
Got my P-1X yesterday from Beefcake. I ordered on Memorial Day, so it took about seven weeks total. The Procharger itself was ready to ship at four, but a supply shortage of some part caused a three week delay. I feel for you Whipple guys.
Waited 3 months and then said I’ll cancel and go with another brand, and this was last summer. They said 8 weeks. Then it became 3 months. Then it became “we aren’t sure of the delivery date probably next month. “. To me that’s fine but I’m not waiting. I’ll spend my money with another company which I did and have been happy. Edelbrock at the time was able to get me one within the week. Since I’ve heard there’s about a 2 month wait for them too but I’m not sure.

B635B4F8-5C0C-4DAF-9F3D-4B63A4546887.jpeg

rixon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT, 2019 Subaru BRZ TSI
I don't know what's up with Edelbrock but their supercharger kits seem to have been out of stock for months. Summit shows a delivery time of 8/31 but I think this is optimistic at best.
Almost all supercharger kits are out of stock. I just wonder if the move to Mississippi is having an adverse impact on production.
At least Wipple's lead times seem to be coming down.

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
I don't know what's up with Edelbrock but their supercharger kits seem to have been out of stock for months. Summit shows a delivery time of 8/31 but I think this is optimistic at best.
Almost all supercharger kits are out of stock. I just wonder if the move to Mississippi is having an adverse impact on production.
At least Wipple's lead times seem to be coming down.
It comes down to all these parts being made outside the Country. It’s really that simple. They all have the actual blowers. It’s the other parts needed. Whipple to me shouldn’t be taking orders when some people are waiting 6 months to be fulfilled. They should have a little integrity as a company and post it as out of stcok at that point to play catch up. To me they’re ruining their brand name. But I will say due to this other brands have gained more popularity like Edelbrock and procharger. Weirdly VMP seems to have better inventory. Not sure how well their kits are selling though.

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
It's a mess everywhere. I'm in IT and can't get equipment for 4+ months that would normally take 2 weeks.

I ordered a QA1 carbon fiber driveshaft with my Magnum XL swap kit. QA1 now says they can't make driveshafts right now as they are waiting on the bonding resin from 3M. 3M says maybe this fall or later....

I will say it's a tough pill to swallow paying it all up front for what these kits cost. I can see putting a deposit down, then pay the rest when it ships. The vendors and manufactures also need to be more transparent with the customer on the backorders and delays.

I don't agree with it 'ruining' the Whipple brand, because obviously there is a high demand for their product. But I do see it costing them some sales.

vtknight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I was so happy - time breezed by...least I can do is update...

Going into the car tomorrow.

Pretty excited to say the least. Thank-you to the posters who went through this together.
For those still waiting - it looks like those who ordered earliest got it the worst - so you all should have a shorter wait.

I will post my build thread soon and let everyone know if it was worth the wait or not...

Cheers!

Whipple.jpg
Sponsored