Sponsored

Paul's Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium, Magnetic, Showstopper Red
Don't know whether this has been pointed out in this long post yet or not but thought I'd throw in my own measurements of two GTs. I had a '19 base GT with automatic and standard 18" wheels. The only option was the Safe & Smart pkg plus I upgraded the radio from the 4" to the 8" but still only 6 speakers. Before I traded it in I took it to a local CAT scale and weighed it with about 5-6 gallons of fuel and an empty trunk, no spare tire or pump. Car had been completely cleaned out. It weighed an even 3700 pounds. My new car is a '20 GT Premium with automatic, 401A, Safe & Smart pkg, 19" polished aluminum wheels, 8" radio with 9 speakers. I weighed it with about the same 5-6 gallons of gas and completely empty trunk. It came in at 3720 pounds on the same scale. I was pleasantly surprised as I expected the premium car to come in a little heavier with all the extras of the premium pkg. I could probably chalk that 20 pounds up to just the heavier wheels and 3 extra speakers. Anybody else have similar results? Oops! Forgot to add that both cars were weighed with the very same Steeda Jacking Rails installed. So subtract 12 pounds from each. That puts the base car at 3688 pounds and the premium car at 3708 pounds. Oops number 2. The premium car is a spoiler delete car so that gave it a weight reduction of what...5 pounds maybe? So if it had the same spoiler it would be in the neighborhood of 25 pounds heavier than the base car. Still not bad for all the extras of the premium car.

Last edited:

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
Don't know whether this has been pointed out in this long post yet or not but thought I'd throw in my own measurements of two GTs. I had a '19 base GT with automatic and standard 18" wheels. The only option was the Safe & Smart pkg plus I upgraded the radio from the 4" to the 8" but still only 6 speakers. Before I traded it in I took it to a local CAT scale and weighed it with about 5-6 gallons of fuel and an empty trunk, no spare tire or pump. Car had been completely cleaned out. It weighed an even 3700 pounds. My new car is a '20 GT Premium with automatic, 401A, Safe & Smart pkg, 19" polished aluminum wheels, 8" radio with 9 speakers. I weighed it with about the same 5-6 gallons of gas and completely empty trunk. It came in at 3720 pounds on the same scale. I was pleasantly surprised as I expected the premium car to come in a little heavier with all the extras of the premium pkg. I could probably chalk that 20 pounds up to just the heavier wheels and 3 extra speakers. Anybody else have similar results? Oops! Forgot to add that both cars were weighed with the very same Steeda Jacking Rails installed. So subtract 12 pounds from each. That puts the base car at 3688 pounds and the premium car at 3708 pounds. Oops number 2. The premium car is a spoiler delete car so that gave it a weight reduction of what...5 pounds maybe? So if it had the same spoiler it would be in the neighborhood of 25 pounds heavier than the base car. Still not bad for all the extras of the premium car.
3,725 for my 18 EBPP Premium, which should be about the same as a base GT for suspension, brakes, etc. Makes me sad that my "light" car is 17 pounds heavier than a GT...
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/the-what-things-weigh-thread.15864/page-38#post-2723139

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
On a whim, I decided to weigh my PP2 wheels with PS4S on them. The fronts(19x10.5) were 62lbs while the rears (19x11) are 60lbs. Found it odd that the larger rear wheel and tire were 2 lbs heavier with the same size tire (305/30R19). Just used a bathroom scale so I would take it with a grain of salt the accuracy.

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know if Firefox has an add-on to automatically convert lbs to kg ? 🤔

Sponsored

\dave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 S550 ecoboost convertible, F150, Lincoln Continental
On a whim, I decided to weigh my PP2 wheels with PS4S on them. The fronts(19x10.5) were 62lbs while the rears (19x11) are 60lbs. Found it odd that the larger rear wheel and tire were 2 lbs heavier with the same size tire (305/30R19). Just used a bathroom scale so I would take it with a grain of salt the accuracy.
Hey Frank,

I noted the same thing when doing a bit of research on aftermarket wheels. I reasoned that it could be that wheels with a larger offset (e.g., 52.5mm vs 40mm) can have less spoke length because the spokes are more vertical and therefore shorter in length. Also, those vertical spokes might not need to be as heavy structurally for vertical loads (a vertical column of a given cross section can handle more vertical load than an angled column of the same cross section, as the angled column is subjected to bending from a vertical force). Thirdly, a wheel with a smaller offset may have a thicker hub to obtain the lower offset. Just some thoughts I've had.

Dave

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Dave,
If the hub is solid and all they do is mill it to increase offset, that would be why the front weigh more. The hub might not be milled at all or 24mm worth of hub material sure does weigh a lot. From a quick glance, I do not see much else being different.

\dave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 S550 ecoboost convertible, F150, Lincoln Continental
Frank,

If the additional weight is all at the hub, then the worst aspect is probably the minor increase in unsprung weight. If the extra weight is at the hub which is close to the wheel's center, the effect on braking and acceleration is minimal as the radius for the hub's center of mass is small (probably on the order of 2" to 3"). The larger the mass's center of radius, the higher the mass's moment of inertia, and the more energy required to accelerate it and decelerate it (like tires or a steel gear ring on a light flywheel).

Dave

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
PP2 33.3mm hollow front sway bar - 18#
PP2 24.0mm solid rear sway bar - 15.5#

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
2018-2019 Ecoboost Performance Package 19x9.0 +45 wheels = 29.5#

Sponsored

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
Has anyone added the Steeda Lightweight front and rear bumper bars? The rear lightweight bumper reduces weight by 6 lbs and thre front lightweight bumper bar reduces weight by 10.6 lbs according to Steeda.

Just looking for feedback - TIA.

ZZxtra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang v6
Just received my Driveshaft shop aluminum one piece replacement driveshaft for 2017 V6 automatic. Just weighed it... 20.1 lbs.

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 18 10speed auto PP1 , GT500 '21
Anyone know weight of plastic trim of door and 301 speakers please?

Hayburner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Do the s197 spindles and hubs bolt right on ? I notice they are listed on the first page. Just curious

deanm11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT A10
Has anyone added the Steeda Lightweight front and rear bumper bars? The rear lightweight bumper reduces weight by 6 lbs and thre front lightweight bumper bar reduces weight by 10.6 lbs according to Steeda.

Just looking for feedback - TIA.
I put both of these on. My #s:
Front 16 OEM 5.4 Steeda (10.6)
Rear 11.6 OEM 5.2 Steeda (6.4)
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.