Sponsored

The Down and Dirty ADM Thread

Davy_Baby9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CRD
I watched a GT350R barely get over $80k on ebay the other day and it still said "reserve not met". Clearly they are coming down in price. I feel like just waiting it out.
Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe

macinehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
avalanche gray gt 350

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Maybe but it's simply not a new car - and that seems to be what's bringing the money. Just wanted to point out that this wasn't new - as to not get others hopes up.

Sponsored

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
There's a '17 Convenience Pack in Lightning Blue with Black stripes ~ 2 hours from me at Money Ford in Abbeville, AL.

6K over sticker and they wouldn't come off that price at all when I talked to them a few weeks ago. Small dealership, this is the only one they'll get this year and they have stars in their eyes over it. Maybe someone else will have better luck with them.

It's a beauty.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Maybe but it's simply not a new car - and that seems to be what's bringing the money. Just wanted to point out that this wasn't new - as to not get others hopes up.
82k for it used is pretty good IMO

tw1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 4Runner Trail, 2016 Porsche GT4, 2017 GT350
82k for it used is pretty good IMO
New to the forum and been on the hunt myself for some time, as most have. Really glad to have found this thread. Curious if the group could give me their opinion on a 2016 GT350R I've been negotiating on. It's the first (or second) 2016 off the line, built in July '15, with just under 10k miles on the odometer. First owner was Ford Motor Co. and I've confirmed the car was not used for press or track car. It was one of two cars built for Ford execs. Clean CarFax/AutoCheck was listed at over $86k and I can complete the deal for $80k flat (plus shipping). Curious how the group feels about that price given the details, essentially 17k over MSRP for a well used car.

Beyond price my other hangup is it lacks the electronics package. While I live in a relatively temperate climate and love the sound of the exhaust, I would like to be able to flip on the AC on a hot day (especially driving out to the track) or listen to music as I drive. It's doable for me but I also have concern on resale on a non-tech package R, not to mention what my wife will say when she goes to flip on the A/C the first time... :headbonk:

My backup plan is a dealer that has offered to order me a standard GT350 (2017MY) at sticker.

Once I sort out what I am doing I will 100% pass along details on this car and/or the dealership depending on where things pan out. PM if you're interested and I'll follow up once I've made a decision one way or the other.

Thank you in advance for the advice for a newbie!

Last edited:

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Are you buying the car to collect it or fun? 17k is alot for that mileage. Are they extending the warranty or something.

Id assume those 10k miles where hard despite what they are telling you. Id avoid and keep looking

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
If you are going to track the car a bunch, go for the R. The features are better suited for the track than the street.
If your not going to track the car, go for the 2017 as long as it has all the goodies the your looking for. The R is not the best road car, only if you don't mind all the rocks the tires pick up and launch under the body or don't mind spending $2500 every 4000-5000 miles for tires.

Sponsored

tw1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 4Runner Trail, 2016 Porsche GT4, 2017 GT350
Are you buying the car to collect it or fun? 17k is alot for that mileage. Are they extending the warranty or something.

Id assume those 10k miles where hard despite what they are telling you. Id avoid and keep looking
No extension on the warranty, unfortunately, but it does have the original manufacturer's warranty.

I am buying to drive but it does have a few other unique elements as far as the collectibility. It's one of only 2 cars that I know of, based on many hours of researching on multiple forums, that has a matching Chassis# and Vin (something only otherwise found on the 2015s) and its likewise only one of two R cars with a G**** chassis # plate vs GR****, which is what all of the others have. Not sure what these things are worth in terms of future collectibility / pedigree but sort of interesting.

I do agree you're probably right that the car wasn't babied.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
I feel like of you have to explain why is unique it will have limited impact on value but that's a assumption.

If you remove that factor I say no.

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Welp, I agreed to a 2K ADM on a '17 GT350 ordered to my specifications. I was feeling pretty raw about it until I read through this thread. It put things into perspective for me, and I know that once I'm driving the car that small price will soon be forgotten.

Kudos to those of you that have managed to snag one at MSRP. Good job!
Wouldn't feel bad about that, lol. I purchased mine last Monday at 1K ADM. Waiting until tomorrow so I can have Intercity go get it for me :headbang:. I had spent the entire previous week calling dealerships and I couldn't find any at MSRP at all. This place was doing $5k and I just figured I'd ask if there's any wiggle room. Once he said 1k I said let's get the ball rolling.

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
Good deal, congrats!!

I'm still boggling that you would let your vert go after all the work you've put into it. I've said this before but it's the best looking S550 I've seen, and I'm not even a vert guy.

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Good deal, congrats!!

I'm still boggling that you would let your vert go after all the work you've put into it. I've said this before but it's the best looking S550 I've seen, and I'm not even a vert guy.
Thanks man. It's definitely going to be hard, but I feel like I'm making the right choice, lol. I love my car but really wanted to get this one from the get go. I just let the mods get out of hand lol.
Sponsored