The Down and Dirty ADM Thread

NHMatt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black Shelby Mustang GT350, Stripe Delete
One dealer (Petaluma, CA), told me flat out that they like to use the cars as an attraction for people to walk in, see and touch and they don't want to sell them. I asked how are the in business and he laughs at me. ��
I was told by my dealer that this is why Ford has the allocation system for these care... So they DON'T sit unsold in showrooms/on lots.

I just wish my order would get past "Order Processing". :frusty:

Almost four months in, and no VIN. :shrug:
Sponsored

MARFOR

2017 Ruby-red GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2015 STI
Bay area dealers are not the only ones who excell at mark-ups. I had a call-back from a dealer's sales manager in Washington state who wanted to inform me that they would sell their 2016 Magnetic GT350 R for $250,000 !!!! I asked him why he was wasting his time and mine with such a ridiculous offer - he had no reply.
I can only hope the guy was thinking about the Ford GT, but all of those are tightly controlled and not offered to dealers, plus they have a $350k price-tag.

Definitely smoking some amazing crack if they're asking $250k, please share their number. I'm half tempted to call just for a good laugh. I think others would too. :lol:

Siggy550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
For anyone interested, shop Midwest dealers in MN and SD. Several have 16s at MSRP now. Most are techs, but I think there are some track ones too. I'm at Sturgis Mustang Rally and local dealer has two techs sitting here at MSRP. White and Blue. Good luck.

CodeBlu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HEP GT350R
I can only hope the guy was thinking about the Ford GT, but all of those are tightly controlled and not offered to dealers, plus they have a $350k price-tag.

Definitely smoking some amazing crack if they're asking $250k, please share their number. I'm half tempted to call just for a good laugh. I think others would too. :lol:

The dealership was Marysville Ford in Marysville, WA.

KiLLeR2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 240SX, '17 GT350
Looking for a 2016 Race Red w/ Track Pack or 2017 Race Red at MSRP if anyone has any leads, please send me a message!

Thanks.

Sponsored

Praehotec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 mustang, 2017 GT350R
I was told by my dealer that this is why Ford has the allocation system for these care... So they DON'T sit unsold in showrooms/on lots.

I just wish my order would get past "Order Processing". :frusty:

Almost four months in, and no VIN. :shrug:

Pretty much....it will be 5 months next week here. Something tells me it will be a long winter here...

thehiredgun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Anyone have a lead on a 350 at MSRP or better in or near Texas? 2017 w/ electronics package is preferred.

Thanks.

hatchttu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 mustang
Man! I REALLY hope you find one at MSRP soon and then drive it over to him and "pretty woman" his ass. and tell him all about how ewasy it was to get at MSRP and tell him he will never see you at his dealership again. Then every new Ford you buy you do the same thing just to rub it in his face. :)

One of my many adventures in trying to get MSRP. Lol

No one!

ftrv8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
On order '17, but still looking at '18
Big Star Ford in TX has a black with white stripes, and might do MSRP is anyone is interested. A member on this thread gave a lead. Logistics don't work out for me and I hate black. Give them a call if anyone is interested.

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
With ADM, it is what it is. I remember people paying over sticker for New Beetles and PT Cruisers.....you couldn't give away a PT Cruiser now and with the diesel fiasco at VW......well, you can probably get a screaming deal at any VW dealer.
My regret is the '05 Ford GT sitting on a dealer showroom at $10K off sticker.....couldn't afford it them, couldn't afford it now for that matter....maybe the 350R models will hold some value but the 350 are still production line cars and likely too many of them to have any investment potential. Just watch the Barrett-Jackson auction every winter for special edition Vette's and '07 GT 500's that people parked in a garage with plastic still on the seats thinking they were making money......unless you have a '05/'06 GT or Grand National GNX with ultra low miles, you have a depreciating asset.........so drive it like you stole it and enjoy!

Sponsored

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
CarMax is showing 1 GT350 in inventory. '16, White w/blue stripe, tech pkg car with 3K miles.....asking $62K

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
Welp, I agreed to a 2K ADM on a '17 GT350 ordered to my specifications. I was feeling pretty raw about it until I read through this thread. It put things into perspective for me, and I know that once I'm driving the car that small price will soon be forgotten.

Kudos to those of you that have managed to snag one at MSRP. Good job!

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Welp, I agreed to a 2K ADM on a '17 GT350 ordered to my specifications. I was feeling pretty raw about it until I read through this thread. It put things into perspective for me, and I know that once I'm driving the car that small price will soon be forgotten.

Kudos to those of you that have managed to snag one at MSRP. Good job!
$2K is a pretty good deal. Well done. I wouldn't feel raw at all.
Sponsored