Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
I am all over Cars.com and Autotrader.com, but you still miss some. Never thought about calling. What I see in the Midwest is the more rural dealers with 16s, or less desirable color combos are dealing. Those in Chicago are not. No matter the color, year, used or new. In Chicago area listed prices are; 16s at 5k ADM and 17s 10k ADM. I enjoy the game and the hunt though. Glad you got yours man!
I don't get why 16s are costing more than 17s at some dealerships, lol. So weird. I'd definitely give a call to a few dealerships at Cars.com though. My car was listed at $5k over ADM and when I called them, they brought it down to $1k without any hesitation.

Thanks man!
Sponsored

tw1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 4Runner Trail, 2016 Porsche GT4, 2017 GT350
What's the best way to search all Ford Dealers? Their site allows within 100 miles of any zip code. Not the best option when wanting to look Nationwide.
I used a radius map to identify cities that had over lap within 100 miles of each other and plotted the entire country. Once I had the list of cities I used Google to identify the zip code for each, which I then plugged into the Ford site one by one to identify every dealer in the country that had inventory (or cars ordered or in transit). From there I built out a spreadsheet of the dealers, vehicle VIN, color, packages, etc. I was looking primarily for an R and was able to speak to every dealer in the US that had one in stock. It was more work than some might be willing to put in but it did find me an R at below what most are asking and I now have very clear knowledge of what every dealer in the country with a car is asking for it.

Now I am working through financing as its being done through my business, which is a whole other story.... :headbonk:

JonS

JonS
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Ruby Red - When the weather is nice
I used a radius map to identify cities that had over lap within 100 miles of each other and plotted the entire country. Once I had the list of cities I used Google to identify the zip code for each, which I then plugged into the Ford site one by one to identify every dealer in the country that had inventory (or cars ordered or in transit). From there I built out a spreadsheet of the dealers, vehicle VIN, color, packages, etc. I was looking primarily for an R and was able to speak to every dealer in the US that had one in stock. It was more work than some might be willing to put in but it did find me an R at below what most are asking and I now have very clear knowledge of what every dealer in the country with a car is asking for it.

Now I am working through financing as its being done through my business, which is a whole other story.... :headbonk:
I have been meaning to write this up for a while. It may not work for everyone, but what I did was call ford after running into the 100 mile problem on the ford search site. I told them what I was looking for and said I wanted the search country wide. They were happy to help. I ended up with a half dozen or so that were on their way to the dealership or just built. I found that most of the cars were available (when I did this search 5 or so months ago). The ADMs were too high at the time (I was interested in a non-R).

BigCal45

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
truck
I am all over Cars.com and Autotrader.com, but you still miss some. Never thought about calling. What I see in the Midwest is the more rural dealers with 16s, or less desirable color combos are dealing. Those in Chicago are not. No matter the color, year, used or new. In Chicago area listed prices are; 16s at 5k ADM and 17s 10k ADM. I enjoy the game and the hunt though. Glad you got yours man!
There is a 2017 Grabber blue at Lakeshore Ford in Nortwest Indiana, listed at $5k over but the sales guy said they would let go for MSRP.

2017 gt 350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt 350
Msrp or better!

Just bought a red 2017 for msrp today! Stripe delete with black painted roof and car cover, electronics package. They were asking 10k over and first person I ran into was the owner. No going back and forth at all as I offered msrp and couple minutes later they said lets do it! just have to be patient and do a little leg work.

Sponsored

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Just bought a red 2017 for msrp today! Stripe delete with black painted roof and car cover, electronics package. They were asking 10k over and first person I ran into was the owner. No going back and forth at all as I offered msrp and couple minutes later they said lets do it! just have to be patient and do a little leg work.
Wow. Congrats man and welcome to the forum. I'm also a new owner of a 17 race red with electronics package :cheers: except white stripes -- may have preferred the black roof and stripe delete though, lol.

Did you buy it locally? I'm waiting on shipping :(

2017 gt 350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt 350
500 under msrp

I also know of a 2016 red with white stripe car for 500 under located near Raleigh nc if anybody is interested ? Also know where a white with blue stripe 2016 is at msrp in ga............

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
There is a 2017 Grabber blue at Lakeshore Ford in Nortwest Indiana, listed at $5k over but the sales guy said they would let go for MSRP.
Oh man, Grabber Blue with White Stripe. I have been trying to track down a 16 Oxford White, Blue OTT, Track package and work a deal but....

I want a classic look and for sure. Life's so hard. :)

Sponsored

MCarsFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Autonation South Fort Worth has a Shadow Black Track Pack for MSRP.
Black:(

I want blue or red, but will settle for white or yellow as well. But cant do black, thats the only color I cant do.

Thanks for posting though.

OW_GT350R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350R, OW, Black Roof
There is a 2016 AG in Laurel, MS that is at $17,500. When I talked to the guy about it, he said he thought the GM would go lower, but I wasn't interested in making an offer. 2016, AG, Black roof, R Electronics.

MCarsFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
An R in upstate NY sold recently for 12k over. Just FYI. I think in a few months they'll be under 10k.
Sponsored