The Down and Dirty ADM Thread

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405
Great story! Congrats on getting your car and at a great price! :thumbsup:

But technically, I believe your MSRP deal was for a used car, since it had an owner and 164 miles on it - right?
I'm sorry, by owner, I meant dealership owner. The car was never titled, until I acquired it, so that makes me the original owner.

It turns out the dealership was/is under construction/renovation. The dealer owner didn't want to car around during construction, so he drove it back and forth to his home several times, where he stored it, racking up a total of 164 miles.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mspeedster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue Track Pak
^Thanks for the clarification. Enjoy it in good health! :cheers:

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
Ordered mine today at $8k ADM... They've been getting $10k and really didn't want to come off of it but we also put a deposit on a Platinum F150 4x4 at the same time and have bought countless vehicles including 2 Raptors from them in the past. So I'm a hair over $73k for mine.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Ordered mine today at $8k ADM... They've been getting $10k and really didn't want to come off of it but we also put a deposit on a Platinum F150 4x4 at the same time and have bought countless vehicles including 2 Raptors from them in the past. So I'm a hair over $73k for mine.
Id keep looking while you wait

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
Ordered mine today at $8k ADM... They've been getting $10k and really didn't want to come off of it but we also put a deposit on a Platinum F150 4x4 at the same time and have bought countless vehicles including 2 Raptors from them in the past. So I'm a hair over $73k for mine

Wow I can't believe they are still getting ADMs over $1000 and there are MSRP deals to be had. The dealer still makes out real well @ MSRP. These ford dealers are the biggest bunch con men. You have Infinty coming out with the New Q60 coupe with all the high tech stuff and 400 hp 7 speed. Sure it's not a 350 but its it a player in the coupe market. Fords just keeps alienating people in that market though their dealer network. I have never paid over MSRP for any car. Matter of fact it's only been two cars I paid MSRP and they were both Shelbys. I'm talking over 40 years of buying and mostly used. Hell the last new Corvette I bought was over $10K off MSRP. The Shelby is a budget type sports car and shouldn't command premium prices. Plus they are making a ton of them and the numbers keep growing.

Last edited:

Sponsored

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
I am sending u a PM about ADM in your area. Check it out

tuckerware

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R Lightning Blue on the way
FYI, I have a 2017 on order @ $2K over but still awaiting a build date so looked around to have a contingency plan.

I didn't search the East coast since ADMs are just as bad as the West coast, but here is what I found in regard to 2017 models:

Some dealers are still asking up to a $20K ADM. But, most will drop to $10K immediately. Most at $10K went to $5K immediately. And several came back with $5K. That was about the lowest though.

Saving $3K may not be worth your time, but as soon as you get off the coasts dealers seem to be more reasonable. There are a quite a few cars on the ground or incoming as well and the Ford inventory system lets you get pretty specific so you can often find what you want. The 100 mile radius limit is a PITA so it can take some effort to find what you are looking for.

Last edited:

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
FYI, I have an order @ $2K over but still awaiting a build date so looked around to have a contingency plan.

I didn't search the East coast since ADMs are just as bad as the West coast, but here is what I found:

Some dealers are still asking up to a $20K ADM. But, most will drop to $10K immediately. Most at $10K went to $5K immediately. And several came back with $5K. That was about the lowest though.

Saving $3K may not be worth your time, but as soon as you get off the coasts dealers seem to be more reasonable. There are a quite a few cars on the ground or incoming as well and the Ford inventory system lets you get pretty specific so you can often find what you want. The 100 mile radius limit is a PITA so it can take some effort to find what you are looking for.
True. My dealer on the east coast had my 17 GT350 tagged as 10k over. I had purchased a GT Premium from another dealer about 60 days earlier. They did drop the ADM to 7500 but they gave me exactly what I paid for my trade. On a 42k car I would have expected to get about 35k. Getting 42k I'm sure they are taking the additional out of the ADM. I doubt they could sell a used 2106 GT Premium for anymore than 35k. They also advised that I go back to my previous dealer and get my warranty money and my service plan back. Every time I have tried this previously I was told there was no refund. Armed with some real data from Ford, I made them get that back to me. I even went back to my previous car and got that money back. In all it amounted to over 7k. So my car was 64k +7500= 71.500 -7k and -7k for the additional I got for my 16 and I look at it that I actually paid 57,500 for 920A w/Convenience Package.

I know its funky math but helps me sleep better. I also buried some back end debt from my C7 when I purchased the 16 GT.

Last edited:

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
They're still going for well over $10k ADM. Another customer bought 1 from them and 2 more from other dealers 1 as far away as Kentucky and paid anywhere between $78k for one and almost $100k for another one! One was purchased from there from another dealer at $10k ADM and sold to a customer at $20k ADM If someone wants it bad enough they will pay anything to get it... As soon as the dealers can't sell them for $10-20k ADM then they will come off it. But if they keep flying out of the showrooms at those prices they're not going to budge. If you don't buy it someone else will and they're not going to loose sleep over it. These are sales people we're talking about here!

Sponsored

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
They're still going for well over $10k ADM. Another customer bought 1 from them and 2 more from other dealers 1 as far away as Kentucky and paid anywhere between $78k for one and almost $100k for another one! One was purchased from there from another dealer at $10k ADM and sold to a customer at $20k ADM If someone wants it bad enough they will pay anything to get it... As soon as the dealers can't sell them for $10-20k ADM then they will come off it. But if they keep flying out of the showrooms at those prices they're not going to budge. If you don't buy it someone else will and they're not going to loose sleep over it. These are sales people we're talking about here!
If they were flying out id agree, but dealers carried 2016s for over 90 days. My car which I got at MSRP had a 20K adm on it.

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
If they were flying out id agree, but dealers carried 2016s for over 90 days. My car which I got at MSRP had a 20K adm on it.
I agree. I don't think they are flying out. I got my 2016 for MSRP 3 months ago because I did the work. One dealer I drive by on the way to work everyday has the same six 350's (2 white,2 gray and 2 black) sitting there for over 6 months. Was around 15K over last time I checked. R was over 100K.

MCarsFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Just watching this thread and I m suprised people are still paying 8-10k over ADM. A few weeks ago I found 3 deals close to MSRP (2k ADM) after literally spending 30 minutes on Ford.com and talking to dealers.

One of them kept calling me back for 1 week literally leaving VMs twice a day.

Now found an R for 18k over, if I can bring that down to 10k over I'm thinking of pulling the trigger.

Market is going to soften:

- Winter is coming
- Election is near
- Election is usually followed by economic unstability (and the economy hasnt seen a downturn for 8 years now, we are long overdue).
- The new Zl1
- More news on 2018 TT GT500

Hang in there guys!:)

tuckerware

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R Lightning Blue on the way
FYI, I have an order @ $2K over but still awaiting a build date so looked around to have a contingency plan.

I didn't search the East coast since ADMs are just as bad as the West coast, but here is what I found:

I failed to clarify one vital detail. I was solely referring to 2017s in my search.

I'm assuming 2016s are generally not above MSRP at this point based on recent posts in this thread and others.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
I failed to clarify one vital detail. I was solely referring to 2017s in my search.

I'm assuming 2016s are generally not above MSRP at this point based on recent posts in this thread and others.
I had a 2017 on order at MSRP also back in June.

Full disclosure:
I had a R on order at MSRP. Thanks to this site I found out they needed allocation I called them and they said we made a mistake and ordered me a 2017 W Electronics(It was just made) when I asked the price again they gave me a price that equated to MSRP +500.

I asked them to email or fax me something with the final price. They never refused but I never got anything in writing so who knows if they were going to honor there price. When one popped up locally at msrp I grabbed it.
Sponsored