The digital dash conundrum:(

Rambosupreme

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rahmbo
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150, 2019 Bullitt, Mazda CX9
I am looking for a late model GT Premium for under $33k.
I found few of them but none of them got the digital dash. TrueCar search found one 2019 GT in Utah (like 850 miles from home lol) for $35k but it’s got close to 50k miles.

I really love the new digital dash (DD).

just want some honest opinions here..
Should I “forgot” about the DD and just focus on getting a loaded premium my budget can handle.

Is it worth spending the money buying a aftermarket dash and install it?
Sponsored

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
I found few of them but none of them got the digital dash. TrueCar search found one 2019 GT in Utah (like 850 miles from home lol) for $35k but it’s got close to 50k miles.

Should I “forgot” about the DD and just focus on getting a loaded premium my budget can handle.

I think that of your not looking to spend that much than go with one without the DD and then add it. I seen it added to car that didnt have it and it work just like mine minus the active exhaust and if in not mistaken you wont get some temp sensors like inlet and cylinder head.

Hidalgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible, Premium, Magnetic, Int. Midnight Blue, 401A Pkge, 10Sp. AT, Smart & Safe Pkge, Active Valve Performance Exhaust, Shaker Pro, 20" Alum wheels; 2015 BMW M235i, Vert, Twin Turbo, JB4; BMW 2017 X5, M Sports Pkge

Hidalgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible, Premium, Magnetic, Int. Midnight Blue, 401A Pkge, 10Sp. AT, Smart & Safe Pkge, Active Valve Performance Exhaust, Shaker Pro, 20" Alum wheels; 2015 BMW M235i, Vert, Twin Turbo, JB4; BMW 2017 X5, M Sports Pkge
If they are highway miles, you are golden. I love the dash in the 401A package!

Last edited:

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
In all honesty,........the digital dash was a big selling point for me. Love it!

Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
The digital dash is really cool. I change the look, functions and colors regularly. But, if you have never had it, you will probably live without it.

OP
OP
Rambosupreme

Rambosupreme

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rahmbo
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150, 2019 Bullitt, Mazda CX9
The digital dash is super tempting and seems like a must have option.
I honestly want to buy the mustang just for that.

I am coming from a V6 EcoBoost F150...so just for the dash...worst case I don’t even mind a 2019/2020 EB fully loaded 201A. It comes well within my budget.:sunglasses:

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
The digital dash upgrade is valued at $2200 (cost to upgrade after purchase) which is the same as the 401A package. Hope this info helps your decision.

If DD is something you'll get down the road, Id probably recommend waiting a bit longer when price go down or you have $2K more to spend. The cost to 401A vs getting DD aftermarket is the same cost but 401A gives you the premier trim which includes wrapped center consoles, more stiching, and the stitched knee bolster piece.

But you know, who wants to wait for stuff? Im impatient as hell lol.

Last edited:

opengl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 400A 6MT

rangerryda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium A10
Vehicle Showcase
Generally speaking, cars equipped with DD will have more factory options (ones you may not want) and thusly have a higher MSRP/resale value. Most dealers won't equip a 400A with active exhaust, safe and smart, spare wheel, tech package, B&O stereo, 20" wheels etc. However, they will throw a lot of those options on a 401A car. This divides the "premium" into two different levels. This is exactly why I had to custom order.

I see the attraction of the DD but don't prefer it myself. I also know that I can upgrade to it later should I change my mind. I've had my car for over a year now and don't feel like I'm missing out on anything yet.

Sponsored

Bruiser2017

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS Convertible
I was looking at a 2017 Gt convertible and I was very surprised that it would not display the MPH between the gauges. Apparently that didn't start until 2018. When I priced used 2018 models I decided to just go new. My car is due to arrive this Tuesday.

-Bob

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
I bought my 18’ GT with the 301A package. The only thing I wanted off of the higher end trim was the digital dash. I bought mine from a forum member here who sells them and he pre programmed it to my car’s spec’s. It’s one of the best modifications I’ve put on the car. Never regretted getting it.

SAL-E

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Ruby Red
Digital dash is well worth it. If the car was treated well, 50k miles should not be a problem. It is probably a road car and those are pretty easy miles.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
As someone who lives in Utah, that car you looked at was probably daily driven. Most commutes here are 25-50 miles one way because of the way the valley is set up. Adds up fast. Doesn't necessarily mean it's beat up, although I can tell from experience unless it was PPF'd it will have tons of rock chips.

If you really want a 401A car you'll probably have to hold out for a while, with the way people have been buying Mustangs left and right, it's tough to find what you want.

5.0_Fever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ramon
Vehicle(s)
2014 Lexus IS250 F sport, 2018 Mustang GT PP1 401a
I sent a PM don’t know if you noticed but I’m considering selling mine, well equipped and excellent condition. Well taken care of with only 30k miles mostly highway. I am a bit further than Utah though.
Sponsored