Texas Speed Headers impacting AC unit

WG2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shadow Black Mustang GT Premium PP2 M6
I've researched the headers before buying them and knew that this could have been a potential issue, but what is everyone doing to remedy the contact between the header and the AC unit? I will attach a photo that was taken on the passenger side of the engine bay.
Sponsored

OP
OP
WG2

WG2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
20200103_151352.jpg

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Vendors keep peddling this stuff apparently without a care when it could be fixed so easily.

I haven't used them myself but it looks like some gentle hammer sculpting is your only option unless you can spot heat the tube enough to put a small depression in it. I'd have to put header wrap on there or heat shield on the ac line too, not sure how well those soft aluminum lines will hold up to being that close to the header over time.

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
Jack the engine up and move it over. If you need more room, lightly pry them apart.

mitsuchris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
platinum white gt premium
oh great I've also been looking into getting these headers since the MBRP seem to have been discontinued. I have not seen this as a common issue. let us know how you remedy this issue.

Sponsored

OP
OP
WG2

WG2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the replies! In which direction should it be moved?

OP
OP
WG2

WG2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
My remedy was moving the AC line further towards the passenger side. It only moved fractions of an inch, but so far I have not heard any further contact.
oh great I've also been looking into getting these headers since the MBRP seem to have been discontinued. I have not seen this as a common issue. let us know how you remedy this issue.

Sponsored

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
I'd put some insulation between them if possible. One, it'll protect the AC line. Two, metal on metal contact can cause the knock sensors to report false positives.

OP
OP
WG2

WG2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
I think that is what I will have to ultimately do. My previous solution definitely helped, but the contact on uneven roadways is still there. Any product recommendations as far as an insulator goes? I was really hoping not to heat wrap the entire system if I don't need to. Thanks!
I'd put some insulation between them if possible. One, it'll protect the AC line. Two, metal on metal contact can cause the knock sensors to report false positives.

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
I think that is what I will have to ultimately do. My previous solution definitely helped, but the contact on uneven roadways is still there. Any product recommendations as far as an insulator goes? I was really hoping not to heat wrap the entire system if I don't need to. Thanks!
Honestly I'm not sure of which one to recommend. Most of them would end up getting torn from contact between the AC line and the headers.
Sponsored