speedo

speedo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Speedo
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Well got my first inspection today and failed with a status Not Ready on the O2 sens / O2 sens Htr after getting the Texas Speeds installed. I had no check engine lights and the car has been driven around 650 miles since the install. They didn't do a visual insection they just did a computer check and that was it. They guy said to drive it around for 100 miles but I have a feeling that will not change anything.

Thanks.
Sponsored

Sweetface

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Did you get a tune ?? And did your kit have only the upstream with the downstream eliminated ??

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
If you have a tune that’s what’s likely causing the “not ready” status and keeping the CEL off.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
If you have a tune that’s what’s likely causing the “not ready” status and keeping the CEL off.
I thought those tunes disabled the 02.sensors?

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
I thought those tunes disabled the 02.sensors?
Which is why when scanned they read “‘not ready” they need to be on to pass the scan.

Sponsored

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
But this is still kinda strange as I had KOOKS headers on my C7 and I passed all my inspections.

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
But this is still kinda strange as I had KOOKS headers on my C7 and I passed all my inspections.
What are the differences between the cars modification wise? Was one tuned and not the other? Catless/uncatted headers?

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Dunno. I had catless headers with a race tune.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
Well got my first inspection today and failed with a status Not Ready on the O2 sens / O2 sens Htr after getting the Texas Speeds installed. I had no check engine lights and the car has been driven around 650 miles since the install. They didn't do a visual insection they just did a computer check and that was it. They guy said to drive it around for 100 miles but I have a feeling that will not change anything.

Thanks.
Based on one of your previous posts, you have catless LTs. I also assume that you did not have to use O2 sensor spacers and you never got a CEL. Correct? If so then they disabled the rear O2s. Which is completely illegal and is the reason we are where we're at in the first place. You think these shops and tuners would know better by now. Anyway, most likely the tune disabled your rear O2s which is why after over 600 miles they are still not in readiness mode. You can drive your car for 6000 miles and they will still never go into readiness mode.

The only thing you can do is have your tuner revise the tune and turn the rear O2s back on. Then you need to get the O2 sensor spacers and install them. Drive for 500 miles. You will then be in readiness mode and you won't trigger a CEL.

Now one thing about the TSP headers is some do not come with provisions for the rear O2s. Which might be why the tuner disabled them in the first place. So you will have to have a shop weld in some O2 bungs so you can put the O2 sensors in. It might cost you about $200. That way you can plug in the rear O2s with the spacers, have the tuner turn them back on, and then you'll be set. But first confirm if you have the bungs on your setup or not.

Sponsored

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What are the differences between the cars modification wise? Was one tuned and not the other? Catless/uncatted headers?
Most likely the tuner of the Vette left the rear O2 sensors functional. Some of TSP headers come without rear O2 bungs so the rear O2s need to be shut off. Or if you leave them on then you need to have bungs welded in so you can install them.

OP
OP
speedo

speedo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Speedo
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Hello. Thank for the replies.

My tuner (Palm Beach Dyno) already had created a tune for me and they said they do not turn off any emissions items like o2 sensors, evap, etc...The tune was uploaded before the catless headers were installed and they said it would work with it. Could not guarantee there would be a CEL which there wasn't.

I don't recall the shop (Aces Performance Shop) adding spacers when they installed them. I called them today and asked what they could do and they said just bring it by and they could look at it.

At this point i'm just going to take it to the shop for now to see what they can do. I don't think PBD is going to send me another tune but I can ask to see what they say.

Thanks.

Last edited:

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello. Thank for the replies.

My tuner (Palm Beach Dyno) already had created a tune for me and they said they do not turn off any emissions items like o2 sensors, evap, etc...The tune was uploaded before the catless headers were installed and they said it would work with it. Could not guarantee there would be a CEL which there wasn't.

I don't recall the shop (Aces Performance Shop) adding spacers when they installed them. I called them today and asked what they could do and they said just bring it by and they could look at it.

At this point i'm just going to take it to the shop for now to see what they can do. I don't think PBD is going to send me another tune but I can ask to see what they say.

Thanks.
Yea I'm gonna put my money on them turning off the rears. LOL!! I'm not saying it was intentional mind you. Perhaps tuners have a tune template they use and they just revise it for certain things. And perhaps the template was never updated when you got your tune. So the tune probably turned off the rears. If anything, they should send you a revised tune with the rear O2s turned back on.

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
Yeah I’m leaning towards STainless power one and this may be a question out of left field but anyone know if mid pipes designed for the Shelby 350s would fit the standard GT?? I seen a really nice catless mid pipe from Shifteck but it’s for the 350 and am not sure if they are compatible
They are not the same. The GT350 will not work on a GT. Hope that helps.

OP
OP
speedo

speedo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Speedo
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Hello.

So I went to the shop and got those o2 spacers installed. I guess now I just have to drive the car 75 - 100 miles.

Is there a way to test the o2 sensors after before going back to the shop and getting it inspected again?

I heard.there was a way but just want to make sure.

Thanks.
Sponsored