Question about Texas Speed Headers

speedo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Speedo
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Im thinking about pulling the trigger on these longtube headers from Texas Speedway but im not sure if I need the Off Road connection pipe. I already have a Corsa Xtreme cat-back exhaust with X-pipe on my 2019 GT.

Can i just order the headers and will they fit my current setup or do I need the Offroad connection pipes?

Thanks.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mdtaylorjr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
You should need midpipes either way. Either catted or catless. The headers usually won't go all the way back to the catback

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
If you haven't bought them yet, Aces in pasadena has them and will install them, price was great

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Im thinking about pulling the trigger on these longtube headers from Texas Speedway but im not sure if I need the Off Road connection pipe. I already have a Corsa Xtreme cat-back exhaust with X-pipe on my 2019 GT.

Can i just order the headers and will they fit my current setup or do I need the Offroad connection pipes?

Thanks.
When I was over in the Corvette Forum people said to stay away from Texas Speed like the plague. Caveat Emptor.

Last edited:

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
I read somewhere they are made overseas.

Sponsored

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
The headers will come with pipes that will go to the catback via the neck-down 2.5 inch section. The fitment is great. The quality is great. The only thing is that you will have to purchase header bolts separately which could be a $40-$80 additional charge depending on where you get them from. No, the stock bolts will not fit properly. The stock bolts will hit the header primaries. If you get the catted system then beware as it might not include a rear O2 bung on the after-cat pipes. So you will have to take care of that on your own. If you do order them than go over everything in the box when it arrives to make sure all is in order. They do, or at least should, come with O2 connection extenders so the wires will reach. Although TSP is not a bad option I would say that if you are looking for a budget brand and if the place has them available then go with Stainless Power instead. And get the performance connection system so you can modify the catback and make it a true 3 inch system all the way out. For the additional price of about $30 extra bucks I think SP is the better choice since it comes with everything and there won't be any issues. By the time you buy the header bolts you will have made up that $30 price difference anyway.

And invest in a set of spark plug foulers to go on your O2 sensors. That way you won't get a CEL. Dorman part # 42009 at a parts store. You simply bolt them into the rear O2 bung and then bolt the rear O2s into them and you should be good to go.

Momogt26

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
dwayne
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
The headers will come with pipes that will go to the catback via the neck-down 2.5 inch section. The fitment is great. The quality is great. The only thing is that you will have to purchase header bolts separately which could be a $40-$80 additional charge depending on where you get them from. No, the stock bolts will not fit properly. The stock bolts will hit the header primaries. If you get the catted system then beware as it might not include a rear O2 bung on the after-cat pipes. So you will have to take care of that on your own. If you do order them than go over everything in the box when it arrives to make sure all is in order. They do, or at least should, come with O2 connection extenders so the wires will reach. Although TSP is not a bad option I would say that if you are looking for a budget brand and if the place has them available then go with Stainless Power instead. And get the performance connection system so you can modify the catback and make it a true 3 inch system all the way out. For the additional price of about $30 extra bucks I think SP is the better choice since it comes with everything and there won't be any issues. By the time you buy the header bolts you will have made up that $30 price difference anyway.

And invest in a set of spark plug foulers to go on your O2 sensors. That way you won't get a CEL. Dorman part # 42009 at a parts store. You simply bolt them into the rear O2 bung and then bolt the rear O2s into them and you should be good to go.
Got a part numbers for headers bolts

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I gave you the wrong part number for the spark plug defoulers/O2 sensor extenders. You want to get Dorman 42002 instead of 42009. The 42009 part is not going to be long enough for your sensor to fit in.

OP
OP
speedo

speedo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Speedo
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
If you haven't bought them yet, Aces in pasadena has them and will install them, price was great

Thanks Andrew. Got these installed last week at Aces and man they are loud. It took about 4.5 hours for the install for the catless headers. No CEL after 100 miles of driving. I have to set my car to quiet mode now especially in the morning because you can feel the vibration throughout the whole house and it wakes up all the neighbors. The car is kept in the garage. Makes me appreciate the active exhaust even more.

Thanks.

Sponsored

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
Thanks Andrew. Got these installed last week at Aces and man they are loud. It took about 4.5 hours for the install for the catless headers. No CEL after 100 miles of driving. I have to set my car to quiet mode now especially in the morning because you can feel the vibration throughout the whole house and it wakes up all the neighbors. The car is kept in the garage. Makes me appreciate the active exhaust even more.

Thanks.
Yep, wish I had the active. I did add the magnaflow resonator I think that helped tremendously with the volume at idle and cruise. Good luck with the CEL, I have probably a couple hundred miles since and still good. I bought some of the VMS style curved extensions as well incase the ones they installed were not enough to keep the light off. Bryan said I shouldn't have any issues but said occasionally it does happen.

Superman112

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rafael
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT performance package
Anyone know if the SW headers with off road piping with connect to any mufflers? My car came with Borland but not sure which ones

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone know if the SW headers with off road piping with connect to any mufflers? My car came with Borland but not sure which ones
You would need the headers that come with the factory connect. It will connect to the catback where it necks down to 2.5 inches. It will be a direct fit.

Or you can get the performance connect system. With that you'll simply cut off the neck down section on the catback and then the extension pipes will slip over the catback section to give you a true 3 inch system all the way back. I suggest getting this one.

Superman112

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rafael
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT performance package
You would need the headers that come with the factory connect. It will connect to the catback where it necks down to 2.5 inches. It will be a direct fit.

Or you can get the performance connect system. With that you'll simply cut off the neck down section on the catback and then the extension pipes will slip over the catback section to give you a true 3 inch system all the way back. I suggest getting this one.
Yeah I’m leaning towards STainless power one and this may be a question out of left field but anyone know if mid pipes designed for the Shelby 350s would fit the standard GT?? I seen a really nice catless mid pipe from Shifteck but it’s for the 350 and am not sure if they are compatible

FoMoCo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Gt
Whatever you do, stay away from 2m Fab headers. Horrible experience. Texas Speed fit great. Added the rear O2 bungs. Sounds great with factory active exhaust.
Sponsored