Sponsored

Question about Texas Speed Headers

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1
If they were unplugged and did not throw a cell they were turned off.
While I would agree with you, have you actually read his sequence of events as written in the other thread linked? Things don’t add up. I’ve never argued that they weren’t turned off, only that being turned off is not the only possibility. And stating that they are turned off is only an assumption.
Sponsored

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
You’re right, no idea how it all works. I just own a certified emissions repair facility with myself holding the certification. What would I possibly know about emissions monitors. We diagnosed a car last week that had gone 5000 miles since monitors were reset and still didn’t have O2 or cat. No codes, no pending codes. And I can guarantee this car didn’t have a tune.
Well then bud, why don't YOU explain what other issues could have caused a Mustang GT with catless LTs, and a tune to still be Not in Readiness Mode without a CEL after driving over 500 miles. You can't even figure out what is wrong with the car in your own shop. So maybe go figure out how to do your own job before chastising me about assumptions. But anyway, I'm all ears. What other issues could have caused it then?

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well then bud, why don't YOU explain what other issues could have caused a Mustang GT with catless LTs, and a tune to still be Not in Readiness Mode without a CEL after driving over 500 miles. You can't even figure out what is wrong with the car in your own shop. So maybe go figure out how to do your own job before chastising me about assumptions. But anyway, I'm all ears. What other issues could have caused it then?
I know exactly what was wrong with the car in my shop. Diagnosed, repaired, driven for monitors and picked up the next day. Plenty of other things can cause monitors not to pass which has been my point from the moment you started trolling. I’d be glad to share, but first I’d love for you to tell me how a car with O2s unplugged could possibly have O2 monitors go ready.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know exactly what was wrong with the car in my shop. Diagnosed, repaired, driven for monitors and picked up the next day. Plenty of other things can cause monitors not to pass which has been my point from the moment you started trolling. I’d be glad to share, but first I’d love for you to tell me how a car with O2s unplugged could possibly have O2 monitors go ready.
Do you read bro? I already explained exactly what would happen if the rear O2s were unplugged. It's pretty obvious that you don't know what you're talking about.

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you read bro? I already explained exactly what would happen if the rear O2s were unplugged. It's pretty obvious that you don't know what you're talking about.
Perhaps you should reread the post you referenced, bro. I can break it all down for you if you need me to. But to answer the question... No, I generally don't read all of your reply.

Sponsored

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Perhaps you should reread the post you referenced, bro. I can break it all down for you if you need me to. But to answer the question... No, I generally don't read all of your reply.
I don't care if you read all of it or none of it. You didn't even realize that even if the rear O2s were unplugged, the fact that he had no CEL means that the rears were turned off in the tune. So maybe if you actually did read the replies and followed along then you wouldn't be as lost as you are. You don't know anything about tuning. You couldn't even figure out what was wrong with your customer's car. So again, what was the issue with OP's car? It was the tune. The rear O2s were shut off. The fact that you don't understand that means you have no business anywhere near someone else's car. I'm done with you. You have nothing useful or informative to add. If you had any information to share then you would have done so. Yet everything you've said has been impressively wrong. Anyway, go struggle trying to fix a car bro. I'm done with this.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I’d be glad to share, but first I’d love for you to tell me how a car with O2s unplugged could possibly have O2 monitors go ready.
Instead of being all cat and mouse why not let the rest of us know how this is possible.

I'm all for learning new things.

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Instead of being all cat and mouse why not let the rest of us know how this is possible.

I'm all for learning new things.
Thermostat was stuck slightly open keeping temp just a hair under 180. Customer hadn't noticed a difference on the gauge as it was very slight. PCM needed to see a minimum of 180 to run the test. Apparently temp was just enough to not set a DTC for it.

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't care if you read all of it or none of it. You didn't even realize that even if the rear O2s were unplugged, the fact that he had no CEL means that the rears were turned off in the tune. So maybe if you actually did read the replies and followed along then you wouldn't be as lost as you are. You don't know anything about tuning. You couldn't even figure out what was wrong with your customer's car. So again, what was the issue with OP's car? It was the tune. The rear O2s were shut off. The fact that you don't understand that means you have no business anywhere near someone else's car. I'm done with you. You have nothing useful or informative to add. If you had any information to share then you would have done so. Yet everything you've said has been impressively wrong. Anyway, go struggle trying to fix a car bro. I'm done with this.
Okay.... Apparently one of us suffers from poor reading comprehension, so I'll break it down for you as I understand it. Please correct me if I am misreading his posts.

OP has headers installed and a new tune, but cannot get monitors to run for O2 and Cat. It is suggested that perhaps his tune has O2 disabled. OP contacts PBD who denies that they turned them off (I would expect them to deny this regardless of whether they did or did not)

PBD sends new file. O2 sensors go ready after first drive to and from work. ( At this point I'm with you, sounds like they turned off O2)

The next day the OP has a CEL and all monitors ready except Cat. (But wait, the O2s are unplugged. How could he possibly have monitors???)

2 days later OP reports car is running horrible. (Makes sense with O2's on and unplugged) OP loads the old tune and starts driving. CEL comes on with a P0152 among other things and car starts running bad again. (Wait, how is this possible???? The old tune has the O2's turned off according to the internet)

OP realizes O2's were unplugged when his headers were installed, reconnects them, loads the new tune and drives the car again quickly setting all monitors.

So I ask you, how did the O2s go ready on a new tune despite being unplugged? How did the old tune set an O2 DTC with the O2's turned off when flashed the second time?

Last edited:

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
just got my TSP longtubes with cats in. I only see 1 oxygen bunge on the header. Do I need to have rear 1's welded in? I am in Florida so no emissions test. I had TSP headers on my 2016 gt with no cats but I don't remember if it had the bunges in mid pipe or not.

Sponsored

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Trackhawk-2" Kooks, pully, CAI, cat back
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure if this helps but I have Kooks with green cats and the second is after the cat

57009.jpeg

Mdtaylorjr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
just got my TSP longtubes with cats in. I only see 1 oxygen bunge on the header. Do I need to have rear 1's welded in? I am in Florida so no emissions test. I had TSP headers on my 2016 gt with no cats but I don't remember if it had the bunges in mid pipe or not.
The rear o2 bungs will be welded into the after cat mid pipe before the cat back. Get some defoulers high flows will still sometimes still throw codes

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
Installer said no prob on welding bungs in. Got 42002 defoulers from autozone for $9.00. Woohoo. Install is Jan 30th.
Sponsored