Sponsored

TERRIBLE Customer Experience

FunkinGoNuts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Carbonized Gray GT
Are all of these car enthusiast shops managed by toddlers? These sites are making cable companies look golden.

Rant: I ordered a Roush Catback Exhaust from AM; it was on backorder for 5 weeks. After patiently waiting and opening the boxes this morning to install (2 boxes), i noticed that i was shipped 2 of the same boxes! Thats right, a total of 4 mufflers, 4 tips, and 0 piping.

I called AM right away and told them of the scenario, that i had to drive 2 hours to a family member's lift, and that i need the second half of this order ASAP. Their response? I need to return BOTH boxes before they can even process a return, and the item is once again on a 4-5 week back order. Seriously? Why can't you just send me the piping and let me keep one set of mufflers and tips? Why am I now reset in the back order queue and have to wait once again 4-5 weeks for your incompetence?

This will be my first and LAST AM order.
Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
That is ridiculous. The way you’re thinking makes perfectly good sense. I don’t understand AM’s reasoning at all. They should be overnighting thr piping to you, given all of the inconvenience you’ve had to endure. Instead, they sound like they want to lose out on your business altogether.

OP
OP
FunkinGoNuts

FunkinGoNuts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Carbonized Gray GT
That is ridiculous. The way you’re thinking makes perfectly good sense. I don’t understand AM’s reasoning at all. They should be overnighting thr piping to you, given all of the inconvenience you’ve had to endure. Instead, they sound like they want to lose out on your business altogether.
Exactly... I got it out to FedEx after all this happened so I can at least get back on the waiting list. It's complete bs. My guess is there's another unhappy customer that received 2 boxes of pipes.

I would have been semi okay if they at least sounded like they were going to try their best to rush me something and let me keep one of the half kits, but the way they handled it whether due to their policy or support person made me even more pissed off.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Is there anywhere else you can buy the system from without the wait? Maybe direct from Roush? That way AM can really learn a lesson to value their customers moving forward. The Mustang community is far too big for any business to be leaving customers at their mercy. I know how you feel too, as I went through something similar with my headers several month ago. It amazes me that more and more businesses nowadays are acting like they don’t value customers.

Sponsored

OP
OP
FunkinGoNuts

FunkinGoNuts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Carbonized Gray GT
Is there anywhere else you can buy the system from without the wait? Maybe direct from Roush? That way AM can really learn a lesson to value their customers moving forward. The Mustang community is far too big for any business to be leaving customers at their mercy. I know how you feel too, as I went through something similar with my headers several month ago. It amazes me that more and more businesses nowadays are acting like they don’t value customers.
I called roush and they gave me the same timetable unfortunately. I sent out the packages to FedEx today to kick off the return for a replacement order. I'm going to be patient one more time , but I agree, ever since covid it seems like it's been an excuse for companies to not give any damn about customer satisfaction.

Deleted member 35644

Sad when companies outgrow themselves. This is always the result....suck ass customer service.

scotty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Not surprising, AM is trash and has been for a while...
A few years ago they sent me an item that was not at all as described, then only refunded a portion of my money. Had to go above the CSR's heads to get the rest back.

PSA: STOP GIVING YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY TO THIS SHIT COMPANY

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Yet another thread about AM customer's service. There are many, one of them was mine. Any time something's wrong with the order they automatically assume you're trying to scam them (told me to file a police report for misdelivered package - I was 100% certain it was not stolen off my porch).

They are worse than trash.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
The Steeda H Pipe and Roush Mufflers really would have been an option. The H pipes are so similar, that I doubt you would hear a difference.

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
If they would have been more helpful I might disagree...but the way they handled it, makes me agree with you. I always try to bring a mistake to a company's attention but in this case, sounds like they don't really care.

Sell one set locally for $700 (saves them $50+tax for new parts). Buy an h-pipe from Steeda or wherever else ($200). Net error +$500 to you for the headache and you don’t have to deal with AM.

OP
OP
FunkinGoNuts

FunkinGoNuts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Carbonized Gray GT
As an update, they decided to randomly cancel my reorder, for no reason. I called and noone could tell me why it was canceled. They also only refunded me half of the amount and promised the other half is coming? Gotta love it.

Geosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
If they would have been more helpful I might disagree...but the way they handled it, makes me agree with you. I always try to bring a mistake to a company's attention but in this case, sounds like they don't really care.
If it was any other company I’d agree. I generally would try to make it right and work with the company. But when you have to deal with a company that makes it so hard to fix THEIR errors, I’d save myself the headache if in the end it doesn’t net a loss on my part.

Geosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
As an update, they decided to randomly cancel my reorder, for no reason. I called and noone could tell me why it was canceled. They also only refunded me half of the amount and promised the other half is coming? Gotta love it.
You don’t see cameras hidden around you do you? Maybe that old show Punk’d is getting a reboot...

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500