OP
OP
FunkinGoNuts

FunkinGoNuts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Carbonized Gray GT
By the way, this is how i received one of the duplicate boxes, tips were so damaged from lack of caring / packaging.

PXL_20210601_151810750(1).jpg

PXL_20210601_151645355.jpg
Sponsored

Gregory347

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 PP1, 1987 Buick Grand National, 1985 Mustang
fabrication and welding is amateur level, no skilled workers making those

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Some people just don’t give a crap.

Robert3487

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I used to order from AM all the time, then I ordered headers with catted mid pipes and they sent me the headers but not the mid pipes. They said they couldn't send me the mid pipes because I live in CA but if that were the case they shouldn't have sent me the headers either. I told them I can't make this part work without the mid pipes, no explanation or response, instead I got an e-mail with a return label for the headers lol. I bought the mid pipes from another company (not remembering the name)and haven't went back to AM since. After that I sold them locally to another person then bought another seat of headers. For the most part they are ok but if for some reason you need to deal with customer service or return parts thats where they fail.

Also, I got my Roush axlebacks delivered from CJ in 3 days.

Johnny_ynnhoJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
I ordered a Ford blk strut tower brace (open box)...I recieved the notice that it was delivered. Kinda got a little gitty, easy installation and a bang for your buck. So when I came home and laying at the front door was a box about 16" I knew they fuked up. AM sent me an F-150 rear control arm and I was just dumbstruck. How? Who is this stupid? I called, lady answered fairly quick and she didn't understand what I simply explained. She kept saying I couldn't return open box, I kept saying I paid for a different part. I was literally in that awkward situation like talking to the lady at a Chinese take out. Sent them pictures of what I recieved, she passed it to her supervisor and the return was approved. Not the worst experience in life but definitely idiots working at AM.
All the money they spend on marketing yet they can't deliver the reliable service that is a foundation for great business growth. GFY AM & SMD. 👊😎

Sponsored

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Man, I like like a super lucky dude. I've ordered a lot from AM in the last 3 months. Some really hi dollar stuff. Everything shipped out same day and was in perfect order.

Justgonna send it

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ty
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 6spd
Well your the only one. I ordered a decklid from AM showed up scratched all up. In there defense they did pay for return shipping. But still I have better luck with beefcake racing.

Lads1719

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT: PP1: 300A: Lightning Blue
Man, I like like a super lucky dude. I've ordered a lot from AM in the last 3 months. Some really hi dollar stuff. Everything shipped out same day and order.
i too have had a good experience with them overall. I think if you stick to basic boxed stuff they have on shelves you’re golden. However, if their employees have to veer off track at any step of the way, or you’re unlucky enough to have to return something….May the lord be on your side.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
I ordered the pop the trunk kit. They sent 2. Somehow 2 ended up in cart. The guy sent me an RMA and said no restocking fee. I sent 1 back and kept 1.

They refunded me for 2 full kits. 😆

Stang55

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Qays
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang 5.0 Premium
Are all of these car enthusiast shops managed by toddlers? These sites are making cable companies look golden.

Rant: I ordered a Roush Catback Exhaust from AM; it was on backorder for 5 weeks. After patiently waiting and opening the boxes this morning to install (2 boxes), i noticed that i was shipped 2 of the same boxes! Thats right, a total of 4 mufflers, 4 tips, and 0 piping.

I called AM right away and told them of the scenario, that i had to drive 2 hours to a family member's lift, and that i need the second half of this order ASAP. Their response? I need to return BOTH boxes before they can even process a return, and the item is once again on a 4-5 week back order. Seriously? Why can't you just send me the piping and let me keep one set of mufflers and tips? Why am I now reset in the back order queue and have to wait once again 4-5 weeks for your incompetence?

This will be my first and LAST AM order.
Maybe the backorder is not in their hands to control, but what they can do is process a refund should take a week tops, then you can order it somewhere where it is in stock, you can even email or send the website a message prior to ordering to make sure they have it in stock :thumbsup:

Sponsored

MyStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
My experience was sub-par as well from AM.
My first attempt ordering a clutch kit was a disaster. This is how it showed up on my door step. Every thing in the kit must have dumped out of the box and it was missing guide pins. I was so mad at the inconvenience they put me through that I sent it back and demanded a full refund.
IMG_1853.jpg

This is how I received my order from a new vendor double boxed very happy.
1853b.jpg

IMG_1868.jpg

Last edited:

DaveR.PP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
20 Mustang GT PP2 ; 67 Shelby GT350; 67 Mustang S Code Coupe; 88 Mustang LX 5.0 Coupe
Guys, this shit is going on all over the country. Getting back to pre-Covid is pure hell.

Logistics are impossible to predict. Demand is increasing exponentially and managers can't get the help they need and if they lack the internal controls to monitor their service efforts.... this is what happens and everyone is pissed off.

AM as with others will fail if a more efficient operator with better communications and servicing disciplines comes to the fore and eats their lunch. It will take a few more weeks maybe months for this situation to recover.... if they do.

Business is business. Just saying.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
By the way, this is how i received one of the duplicate boxes, tips were so damaged from lack of caring / packaging.

PXL_20210601_151810750(1).jpg

PXL_20210601_151645355.jpg
Couple of observations, the cat backs, the box looks like it was returned by another customer. And the reason the shitty welding or lack of on the tips.

That shot of the clutch, that is another returned part reshipped.

I order my parts from the manufacture, meaning Roush part ordered from Roush.

Here is a shot of the Roush cat backs form Roush, notice the box and the packing.
Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 9.01.57 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 9.02.43 PM.png

What's in the red labeled bag? Clamps, not just tossed in the box

Fresh, new looking, untouched by who knows. Guaranteed real and not a counterfeit don't laugh to loud, this goes on more that we know.

It is a very dishonest world we are living in.

It may cost a bit more, no 10% discounts or whatever the latest sales bate on the hook maybe .

bryyce62

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G dub
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
Couple of observations, the cat backs, the box looks like it was returned by another customer. And the reason the shitty welding or lack of on the tips.

That shot of the clutch, that is another returned part reshipped.

I order my parts from the manufacture, meaning Roush part ordered from Roush.

Here is a shot of the Roush cat backs form Roush, notice the box and the packing.
Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 9.01.57 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 9.02.43 PM.png

What's in the red labeled bag? Clamps, not just tossed in the box

Fresh, new looking, untouched by who knows. Guaranteed real and not a counterfeit don't laugh to loud, this goes on more that we know.

It is a very dishonest world we are living in.

It may cost a bit more, no 10% discounts or whatever the latest sales bate on the hook maybe .
Completely Agree. Counterfitting is real. Many items are drop shipped. AM & others don't even touch some of the gear they sell.
Need something from Roush? Go to Roush.com or FP. Need a 5.0 emblem for your fender? Maybe AM can handle that.

Last edited:

Maglin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
I've ordered about $5K worth of stuff from AM. The last being a set of fenders. They showed up and the boxes looked great. I had placed the order for them back in January I believe. Body guy had to fix a few dings but that wasn't from shipping as the boxes where pristine.

I did have to deal with CS regarding an RTR wheel that had a very bad gouge in it. They gave me a bit of heart ache over it but they did send me a new one. I had to pay to get the tire moved over to it. I don't think the company as a whole is terrible.
Sponsored