2023 Mach 1 HP

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Indeed, I checked my VIN and there's a software update pending. I'm downloading it now.
Thanks, Greg. :like:

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Completed the update to 21020 which successfully completed, normally you have to then upload a .xml file which is generated on the USB back on to the Ford update website to confirm. So i go back to the Ford update website pop in my VIN and it states my system is up to date? Must be using WiFi to update fords systems maybe?

Pleased as the last update although completed okay, map update as well, refused to update Fords system and i basically was stuck, tried the ford fix didnt work either

Hopefully this has sorted it.

Sponsored

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
I just had an auto update on my Raptor. be warned, it will change your display, so, check the new display before you update, you may not like it.
I also have an intermittent issue now where the screen displays an AM radio station is tuned in, yet it's playing my ipod?? All controls are useless unless I turn off with the main on/off button. It was fine before the update?

OP
OP
Gregs24

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
I just had an auto update on my Raptor. be warned, it will change your display, so, check the new display before you update, you may not like it.
I also have an intermittent issue now where the screen displays an AM radio station is tuned in, yet it's playing my ipod?? All controls are useless unless I turn off with the main on/off button. It was fine before the update?
Do you mean the change of display from sync v3.0 to v3.4 ? V3.4 was released in 2019 and made available to Mustang cars (MY2019 onwards) in 2020

The AM radio / iPod / USB bug was fixed in v3.4 20196 and seems OK in 21020

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you mean the change of display from sync v3.0 to v3.4 ? V3.4 was released in 2019 and made available to Mustang cars (MY2019 onwards) in 2020

The AM radio / iPod / USB bug was fixed in v3.4 20196 and seems OK in 21020
Thanks Greg, I'm not good with all this stuff.. my Raptor was built late '19 and I bought it new June '20. The display was the same as my '17 Mustang, which ever version that is?

All of a sudden, some time in Feb I guess, the display changed so I knew it had done an auto update. What else can I do to cure the ipod/AM channel thing, which you seem to be aware of so I assume is common?

TBH, I much prefer the old display.

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is what my screen says right now.. is this 21020

Yes, I know I have the cover on still.. I'm sad like that..

12FC03CB-2854-498F-89F0-C0E3FEAD0B05.jpeg

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
@Gloucesternige - I didn’t remove my screen protector until I got one of the glass ones :like:

702-C9-F9-B-2099-440-A-B8-E1-B3-A126-C7264-B.jpg

WD :like:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Gregs24

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
This is what my screen says right now.. is this 21020

Yes, I know I have the cover on still.. I'm sad like that..

12FC03CB-2854-498F-89F0-C0E3FEAD0B05.jpeg
Probably - it is certainly doing an update so after it has finished look in the general settings to see what version you have.

OP
OP
Gregs24

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Greg, I'm not good with all this stuff.. my Raptor was built late '19 and I bought it new June '20. The display was the same as my '17 Mustang, which ever version that is?

All of a sudden, some time in Feb I guess, the display changed so I knew it had done an auto update. What else can I do to cure the ipod/AM channel thing, which you seem to be aware of so I assume is common?

TBH, I much prefer the old display.
You would have been on v3.2 or v3.3 which looked like the old V3.0 on your 2017 car. You are now on v3.4. There are build numbers for each version.

iPod problem will fix itself when the latest update is finished

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, it is saying I am up to date as of 27/3/2021 and it is version 21036.
The update is now “installing”
All these gadgets are great, when they play ball and don’t take a week to upload a refresh🤓🤓

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OK, so, this is not Mustang related, but it is Sync related for those who may want to update their "other" cars.
My Raptor was showing version 21036, (or 20136), so I updated it via WIFI, and it took forever to complete. Following the update it said, "Update complete, system is up to date". But.. it still displayed 21036 and I still had the issue with it locked onto AM, yet playing my ipod in locked mode?

So, today I went to https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/how-tos/keep-your-sync-up-to-date.html , put in my VIN and I was told my system requires an update to 3.4 20351. I did this via a USB stick, and it took two attempts to get it to upload in the car? Second time it worked?

Now my system is back to the old style display with the bold text and the album cover image on the right. It also appears to have cured the locked issue.. I will report if that comes back

So, as I say, the issue here is not Mustang related, but it may be helpful to those struggling with Sync 3 in whatever Ford they have?

OP
OP
Gregs24

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
OK, so, this is not Mustang related, but it is Sync related for those who may want to update their "other" cars.
My Raptor was showing version 21036, (or 20136), so I updated it via WIFI, and it took forever to complete. Following the update it said, "Update complete, system is up to date". But.. it still displayed 21036 and I still had the issue with it locked onto AM, yet playing my ipod in locked mode?

So, today I went to https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/how-tos/keep-your-sync-up-to-date.html , put in my VIN and I was told my system requires an update to 3.4 20351. I did this via a USB stick, and it took two attempts to get it to upload in the car? Second time it worked?

Now my system is back to the old style display with the bold text and the album cover image on the right. It also appears to have cured the locked issue.. I will report if that comes back

So, as I say, the issue here is not Mustang related, but it may be helpful to those struggling with Sync 3 in whatever Ford they have?
I'm unsure what you mean about the display changing ? Do you have pictures ?

21020 is the latest version and was rolled out last week or so. Not all models get it at the same time so you may have to wait another week or two if it isn't available yet.
Sponsored