Sync v3.4 (20282) now available in UK

mike3105

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 (pre-FL) manual GT
Anyone know if the method to update with Cyanlabs is different to the method when you first go 3.0 -> 3.4? It doesn't reference doing a Cyanlabs update from 3.4 xxxxx upwards anywhere.
Sponsored

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
Fat32 will fail when if any update files are larger than 2GB which happens with the Map update - as me how I know this lol. I use a 32GB USB drive and touch wood formats fine, whether the damned car recognises it is an entirely different matter. Fugging crappy update system

@wenklaw - nice system you have there, I've never gone the MESH route as I can't be assed downloading an app just to setup a wifi system. Might have to in the future but right now I get by with wifi extenders

edit - as pointed out it's 4GB file limit size for FAT32!

Last edited:

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
@raptor17GT

You wont go back once you go MESH mate, i did it a few years ago and having a fully 'connected' home its been so much better than when i used the basic WiFi extender type technology. The 'steering' of devices to the best access point works seamlessly so no more hanging on to poor signals etc. Anyway for ÂŁ80-ÂŁ120 for a 2 unit MESH system its a must have IMO.

Back to the map update, i read the instructions and it states a two part update (as Greggs24 had already pointed out) however the first part of the map update will take 30-35 minutes which is fine as according to the document you can turn off the car and it wont upset the update, i assume it will just pick up from where it stopped next time you start the car up

BUT

Part 2 The second part of the SYNC Map Update will continue for approximately the next 45-60 minutes. It is highly recommended to not interrupt the installation process until the second part is completed and a “Installation Complete” pop-up appears on the screen.

So to do map update part 2 update i need to go for an hours drive!!!!!!! And it also states navigation features may be disabled, so i better just find a ring road to drive around so i dont get lost :sunglasses:

Absolutely sodding ridiculous . It just confirms to me how shit sync 3 is (well at least the one without an inbuilt modem)

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
@wenklaw yeah I will likely do the MESH when we get our new house but aye for now it's the old wifi extender find that repeater game lol

The system updates are a pain but tbh I've never known any computer system to deal with a reboot during updates. They just don't handle it well. At least for all the pain it causes Ford do give us updates, they could just not bother and then it would eventually be out of date. Not that we build many roads lol.

OP
OP
Gregs24

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Fat32 will fail when if any update files are larger than 2GB which happens with the Map update - as me how I know this lol. I use a 32GB USB drive and touch wood formats fine, whether the damned car recognises it is an entirely different matter. Fugging crappy update system

@wenklaw - nice system you have there, I've never gone the MESH route as I can't be assed downloading an app just to setup a wifi system. Might have to in the future but right now I get by with wifi extenders
It is actually 4Gb file size limit with FAT32. That is why Ford have not used FAT32.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gregs24

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Just done the update - took about 20 minutes for the Sync update and all went smoothly. Now have DAB logos. Map updated downloading now.

downthepub

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Miles
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, VW California
Is there a change log for v3.4? I’ve upgraded mine in the past but it was a fair bit of faffing about and if there’s no material benefit I may pass....

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve decided my car just doesn’t like ford as they refuse to acknowledge the update ... lol

I updated to 20136 three times, got all the correct messages, got an acceptance on the log file - but then ford still says a need to update (therefore no map update from F8).

I thought 20282 would fix that, got all the right messages and 24 hours later ...

1609359941806.png

Oh well, I will give it a few more goes ...

WD :like:

OP
OP
Gregs24

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
I’ve decided my car just doesn’t like ford as they refuse to acknowledge the update ... lol

I updated to 20136 three times, got all the correct messages, got an acceptance on the log file - but then ford still says a need to update (therefore no map update from F8).

I thought 20282 would fix that, got all the right messages and 24 hours later ...

1609359941806.png

Oh well, I will give it a few more goes ...

Have you got the xml file ? I could compare it to mine which has always worked fine. I think @Vlad Soare also has a file you could compare it with. If the file you upload is not correct it will not consider the update done.

OP
OP
Gregs24

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Is there a change log for v3.4? I’ve upgraded mine in the past but it was a fair bit of faffing about and if there’s no material benefit I may pass....
Ford don't provide one. What version are you on at present ?

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Have you got the xml file ? I could compare it to mine which has always worked fine. I think @Vlad Soare also has a file you could compare it with. If the file you upload is not correct it will not consider the update done.
I do - I will drop you a pm :like:

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm going to try the cyanlabs syn3 updater this time as I upgraded my Sync 2 unit to Sync 3 and last time I did the update manually. I'll be updating from v3.4.19101 to v3.4.20282 as well as the map version to EU (09/2020)

OP
OP
Gregs24

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
I'm going to try the cyanlabs syn3 updater this time as I upgraded my Sync 2 unit to Sync 3 and last time I did the update manually. I'll be updating from v3.4.19101 to v3.4.20282 as well as the map version to EU (09/2020)
You will need to as the Ford site will not 'know' you have changed Sync versions

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
You will need to as the Ford site will not 'know' you have changed Sync versions

I used cynlabs for the previous update but they didn't have the update tool back then so I had to do it manually.

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
20GB d/l and 50 minutes to update but was way easier
Sponsored