Ford Sync V3.4 official update

el-guapin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tesla.com
Vehicle(s)
1949 UFO
The above map update only took about 10 mins. It also generated a further .xml file which I uploaded on Saturday. I've just checked using the link the OP provided with my VIN and I'm now showing as updated. I've no idea what the second update did though ?
No way a map update completed in 10mins! You must be missing a lot of files!
Sponsored

miketango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
No way a map update completed in 10mins! You must be missing a lot of files!
Yep, definitely not a map update as the file was way too small, just wish I knew what it was.

Entai

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT kona Blue, A10, Magneride, CP 2. Daily Driver
to answer my own question the new official update just overwrites the cyanlab unofficial update I was using. Was on 3.4, 19274 and after official update now on 20136, took about 20 mins

I am already on the Cyanlabs 20136 and F9 maps, not sure whether to do the official update and overwrite, so at least i get the file to upload back to ford to say its been done .

But it's working perfectly ok so far been on there almost a couple of months. so kind of loathe to mess around too much more.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gregs24

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
OP
OP
Gregs24

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Yep, definitely not a map update as the file was way too small, just wish I knew what it was.
I also have the additional download available now (1.7Gb) (called maps update)

The zip file contains the usual file structure for an update. Will let you know after I have installed it

I can only assume it is an incremental update ?

dpollard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt in Shadow Black
My car was 3.4 went I collected from the dealer last week - but there was an over-the-air update last night. I presume a later build version of 3.4.....

OP
OP
Gregs24

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
My car was 3.4 went I collected from the dealer last week - but there was an over-the-air update last night. I presume a later build version of 3.4.....
Really ?

Even the basic sync update is 2Gb which will take ages to download over the in car WiFi which is only wireless g.

The car will not update itself, especially not when it is off overnight !

dpollard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
IMG_DAB73FAA1469-1.jpeg

Yep - On the Ford Pass App on my phone (28th Aug 2020) :

IMPORTANT UPDATE. VEHICLE START REQUIRED
Great News - your Bullitt has received a software update. Simple start your vehicle with your key fob to finalize this update. Starting manually also means remote features like start/stop, lonk/unlock will be rebooted and back at your finger tips.

Sponsored

el-guapin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tesla.com
Vehicle(s)
1949 UFO
...... The car will not update itself, especially not when it is off overnight !
Not 100% correct. Vehicles equipped with 4G modems(Hotspot) will update when off overnight. The modem has a constant power source. Updates will download over time and will install when all files have been received. On the flip side, Reports about vehicle stats will upload to big brother (Ford) the same way.

OP
OP
Gregs24

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Not 100% correct. Vehicles equipped with 4G modems(Hotspot) will update when off overnight. The modem has a constant power source. Updates will download over time and will install when all files have been received. On the flip side, Reports about vehicle stats will upload to big brother (Ford) the same way.
Ahh I missed out on that as I'm only a 2019 car and we didn't get the onboard modem

robbob144

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Mine did the update over the air (i.e. wifi) which I wasn't expecting but i'm pretty pleased with the results, just waiting for the maps update to become available now.

dpollard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Well 3.4 is better than 3.3, but I wish that they had incorporated the wireless/bluetooth Apple CarPlay functionality. I know that it is penned for Sync 4.0 next year, but it would be nice if it was available earlier (and I suspect it might cost being a major version change)

OP
OP
Gregs24

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Well 3.4 is better than 3.3, but I wish that they had incorporated the wireless/bluetooth Apple CarPlay functionality. I know that it is penned for Sync 4.0 next year, but it would be nice if it was available earlier (and I suspect it might cost being a major version change)
You could try something like this https://appleinsider.com/articles/20/01/28/this-dongle-can-upgrade-you-to-wireless-carplay-for-cheap

There will be significant hardware changes for Sync 4 so I doubt wireless Carplay will be ported back to Sync 3.4
Sponsored