1004ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 , 2017 Ford Edge Sport
Looks great! How much did this cost? Thanks
I'm tech savvy but didn't have the time to learn all the details regarding what parts I needed, where to find them, and how to configure them, so decided I'd go with a kit, and looked at infotainment and 4D Tech, got sticker shock and put off doing the upgrade. Their price for my selected options is $2,300.

Some time later browsing this site and seeing this thread I decided to send a PM to HextallS550
and his quote for the same kit options was $970 lower, which triggered the "Too Good to be True" alert in me, but after a reading a few good reviews I decided to place the order.

In addition to the MAJOR price advantage, the Hextall550 kit uses a genuine Ford GPS antenna, and although I don't know what the after-sales support is like with the other suppliers, I doubt its as good as what I experienced.
Sponsored

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Thanks @1004ron

One thing I’d like to mention, as I’ve received quite a few PMs about problems with other company’s kits, is that we do NOT sell APIMs older than 2018 and I NEVER install hacked software from the Internet.

When you purchase from me what you will receive is an APIM that’s been flashed in the same manner as the cars are flashed in Flat Rock.

Just this week I’ve seen 3 2019 owners that were sent 2016 or 2017 APIMs with the repartition hack. These cars are NOT meant to run older APIMs with 3.2+ software.

If a DIY customer wishes to install this software that’s fine. But as a trusted vendor I will NOT sell you guys any of that garbage.

I don’t give a f@*k what internet experts or “performance engineers” say. There’s one way to do this right and that’s the way I do it for my customers.

Last edited:

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
As I've been saying for a couple years, no one, and I mean no one, can @HextallS550 for this upgrade. I have documented here many times what great service he's given me; and others have experienced the same.

For the life of me, I truly cannot comprehend why anyone would go with someone else for this.

1004ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 , 2017 Ford Edge Sport
When I got the new system up and running I thought to myself, the audio sounds better, but knowing that I'm still using the old Audio Control Module I told myself that I'm imagining it.

Then a few days later my wife commented that the audio quality is a whole lot better, so that leads me to ask here if and how that's possible.

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
When I got the new system up and running I thought to myself, the audio sounds better, but knowing that I'm still using the old Audio Control Module I told myself that I'm imagining it.

Then a few days later my wife commented that the audio quality is a whole lot better, so that leads me to ask here if and how that's possible.
My configuration data.

Sponsored

Jimmy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP 6MT
Is it normal that I'm able to turn on my stereo (by pressing the power button on the stereo) even with the car turned off and I don't have the key on me? Or does this indicate a problem in the way I installed it?

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Is it normal that I'm able to turn on my stereo (by pressing the power button on the stereo) even with the car turned off and I don't have the key on me? Or does this indicate a problem in the way I installed it?
Normal.

regachoz01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt
Well, I reached out to Sam @ hellhorse yesterday and showed him pictures, and he said he will send me out an APIM and screen to swap over. I work for FedEx, and was able to verify in our systems the same day we spoke it was dropped at fedex. We will see, but no complaints on that service.
damn I bought the same upgrade from hellhorse and now I'm scared that the same thing might happen to me.

Sully5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
damn I bought the same upgrade from hellhorse and now I'm scared that the same thing might happen to me.
I mean, when i spoke to them on the phone Sam was super apologetic and overnited me a new APIM and screen. All is well. Screen is installed programmed and looks great.

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I mean, when i spoke to them on the phone Sam was super apologetic and overnited me a new APIM and screen. All is well. Screen is installed programmed and looks great.
But what did they actually sell you?

Sponsored

Sully5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
You know i dont know what was sold, but to stand behind and the same day a complaint is made you overnite a new unit. Is ok by me. Now it has 0 issues and everythings works correctly.

malligoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Sorry not sure how to search the 142 pages of this thread. I have a 2016 GT Premium with Sync 3 / Navigation / HD Radio. Do I need to purchase any hardware to get Android Auto / Apple CarPlay?

I found this Ford media release which says a software update brings AA / ACP to 2016MY cars. I tried to update SYNC 3 myself but keep getting the message "This software update may only be applied to vehicles not equipped with navigation." I'm not sure why my Ford account downloads the non-navigation update to USB - maybe I need to delete some of the several files included (SyncMyRide folder has 7 files)? WiFi updates don't work of course...

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...tware-update-apple-android-2016-vehicles.html

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Sorry not sure how to search the 142 pages of this thread. I have a 2016 GT Premium with Sync 3 / Navigation / HD Radio. Do I need to purchase any hardware to get Android Auto / Apple CarPlay?

I found this Ford media release which says a software update brings AA / ACP to 2016MY cars. I tried to update SYNC 3 myself but keep getting the message "This software update may only be applied to vehicles not equipped with navigation." I'm not sure why my Ford account downloads the non-navigation update to USB - maybe I need to delete some of the several files included (SyncMyRide folder has 7 files)? WiFi updates don't work of course...

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...tware-update-apple-android-2016-vehicles.html
You need the later media hub mentioned in the first post. No “programming” is needed.

KKJMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
Ok I did some more research and trying with Forscan. I cleared now U0238, B10B5 and B10B6 but I have still the two solar sensor error.
Can anybody help me with these?

Thanks
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.