Crew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang 3.7L
Vehicle Showcase
Possibly related to this install, I can't find the link where people ordered replacement blue clips. Anyone have a good place to get a pack? I may have grenaded a few getting the dash apart.
Tasca (or maybe message Hextall?), from the original OP post:

8. Trim Panel Clips
[...] you may want to have some of the trim panel clips on hand:
W717661-S300 - Yellow clips
w714972s300 - Blue clips
:thumbsup:
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase

Mero350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marwan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350
anybody knows how to active to exhaust toggle on the GT350 after the sync 3 convesrion??

Sponsored

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
GT350 Only:
Enable exhaust mode toggle on bezel: IPC 720 06-01 xxxx xxxx xExx

Last edited:

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Has anyone done this with a 2020 yet? I'm assuming it's fairly plug and play like the '19 with just coding necessary at the end, but otherwise is there anything special to do other than acquire the latest APIM I can find?

saurigaiozi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gaioz
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hello as i see there is not schemes anymore for DIY guys. Can some one help i want to make conversion by my own and dont buy harness

saurigaiozi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gaioz
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I got a 2017 pp gt with 4” screen and just purchased a 8” screen from a wrecked premium car.
I got the bezel the screen and the cd part all from same car . It has xm and I want all to work the new bezel has the switches as mine had buttons I see a mode switch assuming once I program it should work but as far as the wiring ,sat antenna ,and I see they say u need to replace both usb cables .
Where can I get these or do y’all have part numbers or links
Thanks a bunch
I think for not cutting you will need BCM too.

Sponsored

RoushStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Anyone run into an issue that the climate control doesn't do anything. The hard buttons work but nothing comes up on the screen and they all say off.

Eddiewpb561

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang GT
7. GPS antenna
Application: Base to Sync 3 and MFT to Sync 3

ALL 2015+ Mustangs have a GPS antenna, it doesn't matter if you have a base car or MFT or Sync 3. However, the GPS antenna in the base and MFT cars is not compatible with Sync 3. The Fakra connector on the rear of the APIM supplies the other modules with GPS. After many failures of Amzaon antennas we no longer recommend the cheap Chinese antennas and now now manufacture our own from OE quality parts. Our antenna is $39.99

Where can I get a gps cable? I have the Sirus Xm cable with the adapter. I have everything else just need this piece to start installing my kit.

Mulestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
I need a HUGE favor, and I hope someone here can help. I have a 2017 GT that came stock with Sync 3/Apple CarPlay. The front USB port in front of the shifter has stopped supporting CarPlay and MP music files, and the first dealer I took it to said it's a charge-only port. I troubleshot it down to a bad armrest hub-to front console cable, but the dealer said they wouldn't fix it because Apple CarPlay is not available on the front USB port. It's at another dealer now, and they're saying something different. Cliff notes here...it's a long story.
Anyway, on the first page of this thread, there is a picture that shows the APIM, display, armrest media hub, and cables that run between. Is there any way someone with access can send me a printout of the 2017 Ford wiring schematic that captures that picture? I've had 2 Ford dealers now tell me that the FR3Z-14D202-B harness DOES NOT run from the media hub in the armrest to the front console in front of the shifter. They insist it runs from the APIM to the front console, which is completely contradictory to what I have learned here. It was my understanding that only one of the ports on the APIM is used, and it feeds the hub. I hope someone can help. My car has been at two dealers now, for a total of almost 20 days. I'm trying to come across as a 'know it all', but they just aren't listening to me. With the help of Sam (who I think is a member here), I was able to show that a replacement FR3Z-14D202-B harness fixes the problem, but they insist I've created some sort of shortcut, and won't replace it. Thanks in advance. Feel free to email me at [email protected]

ChadStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Sorry if I'm asking something that's already been answered but I've read through the whole thread and am not completely clear. I'm wanting to install sync 3 in a 2019 base car. The way I read it is everything should be plug and play. I need an apim, screen and bezel. Everyone says the premium recaro panel is the one to get, would a 301a panel not work as well? Aside from that just some Forscan tweaks and I'm good to go, am I missing anything?

18usc371

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
GT350 - Track Package - G0628
Sorry if I'm asking something that's already been answered but I've read through the whole thread and am not completely clear. I'm wanting to install sync 3 in a 2019 base car. The way I read it is everything should be plug and play. I need an apim, screen and bezel. Everyone says the premium recaro panel is the one to get, would a 301a panel not work as well? Aside from that just some Forscan tweaks and I'm good to go, am I missing anything?
Yes - a 301A panel will work. However, as the 300 base does not come with dual climate control or heated/cooled seats, the passenger climate wheel and both seat temp buttons will not work. I converted my 19 base to 8" sync with the premium bezel with no issue. I did not bother me to have those non-functioning buttons. It does bother some people, which I understand.

I later did the same om my GT350, which has Recaros. I found the correct "Recaro" GT350 bezel first, and snapped it up (GT350 bezels are hard to find), and have to admit, I like having the correct bezel better.

Also, you need the the right wiring harness for the whole thing
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.