p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I copy-pasted the factory as-built I backed up. However one bit stayed modified because it's write-once. Forscan locked that write-once bit after several of us blew up the BCM because of that.

726-22-02 xxxx x*xx xxxx Slave Exists SCL (Steering Column Lock) Cfg. Changing that would burn your BCM and flash the dome light on and off.
You should only be changing the 7D0-01 stuff in the APIM the BCM Body Control Module has nothing to do with the radio and splash screen.
Sponsored

Bullittproof16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP Guard Green
Just finished my swap today and I wanted to give a big shoutout to members @p6cl and @HextallS550 for the parts and writeup.

The Hextall install kit I purchased was well worth the cost and wait (though my excitement caused impatience!). It was literally plug n play and made the swap easy.

The issues I'm running into currently are that my reverse camera isn't working (I will be attempting FORScan soon) and I'm having a connection issue with my phone... Haven't seen anyone mention this issue yet, so I'm thinking it could be software related:

Everything connects to bluetooth and Apple CarPlay flawlessly. The only issue is that when I make or receive a call, it shows on my screen as it should, but my call doesn't go through the speakers. When I answer, the radio starts playing through the speakers instead of the call. When I switch it to private mode, the radio cuts out and I can talk on my phone. Once I put it back on Sync, the radio turns back on and I can't hear my phone. Has this happened to anyone?

I tried updating Sync 3, performing a hard reset for Sync 3, and updating my phone, but no luck!

Any ideas?

Thank you all!

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I tried updating Sync 3, performing a hard reset for Sync 3, and updating my phone, but no luck!/QUOTE]

No iPhone here, but only thing I see there that you haven't done is fully unpairing both (forget phone from Sync 3, forget Sync 3 from phone) and see if that helps at all.

Bullittproof16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
Thank you! I went ahead and fully unpaired and re-paired both. Everything is connecting just fine (all bluetooth functions work) minus the phone call issue. I'm thinking that it may be software related? Music plays with no issues and my car recognizes the phone right at startup... hmmm :headbang:

Sponsored

Bullittproof16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
What version of IOS, and SYNC?
They both apparently have the latest versions of their operating systems. @p6cl sent me a link to cyanlabs with some software updates, so I'm going to experiment with that to see what happens.

Bullittproof16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
This is what I've done so far:
-Rebooted the system and made sure Sync was updated to its newest version
-Unpaired my phone's bluetooth and re-paired it
-Tried both plugging into CarPlay and via bluetooth
-Used my girlfriend's phone with the same steps and I'm still having the phone connection issues.

I get this screen, but my radio plays instead of the phone through the speakers. I can use my phone if it's on my phone's speaker.
IMG_4897.jpg

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Did you try any forscan asbuilt changes?

Bullittproof16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
Did you try any forscan asbuilt changes?
That's my next step! I'm going to attempt the ones that you sent me from another member. Stay tuned.

Bullittproof16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
All fixed! My phone now works flawlessly. HUGE thanks to @p6cl for his support, research, and troubleshooting with this.

Referenced an older post that prompted me to change the following codes - ACM: 727-01-01 Factory: D800 2800 00, after Sync 3 Swap: 9800 3800 00

I was also able to enable the drive mode toggle which is fun. Not sure yet if it makes a difference in throttle response, but I'll have to play around and see if I notice. Either way, the toggle switch now works which is nice.

Sponsored
OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I’ve seen some people posting prices they paid for their conversions here and just wanted to highlight a few facts about purchasing things from us.
1. We offer a new kit that we call the Installation Kit for $374.99. This is for people who have sourced their own bezel and APIM/Screen assembly. The kit includes the newest version of our harness that is built 100% in Dearborn, MI from genuine OE parts. This kit also includes the rest of the genuine Ford parts including a new FoE telemetry antenna that you will need. If you’ve purchased parts from Tasca or White Bear Lake you may or may not know they sell parts at cost +10-12% We sell them at cost +5-6% This saves you about $85-120 depending on where you are sourcing parts.

2. We have a limited supply of new Recaro bezels for $399.99 These are getting very hard to source in any kind of timely manner from Ford because they are producing more Sync 3.4 cars than ever before.SOLD OUT

3. We do sell pre-configured APIMs and screen assemblies for very competitive prices. I am no longer using FORScan on my customer's products as I have access to something a little different that ensures the data is not only correct but is also flashed properly, and no, it’s not UCDS.

For those who aren’t aware I left Honda last year to work at Ford for Roush. Although my day to day job is engine development, I have been lucky to make a lot of really good contacts that have given me even more clarification into these systems.

We feel strongly that the product we are offering to you guys is so far ahead of the Chinese stuff that others are selling that we will soon be sponsoring a popular YouTube channel and offering real-time ordering on our updated website.

If you need help or have more questions the best way to reach me is at 614-725-9410 or 313-806-1872, phone calls, or texts. Thank you guys for all the support over the past two+ years as we grow, develop and honesty learn how to support our customers and their builds.

Last edited:

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
Hex is awesome. He helped me so much with Sync 3...he convinced me to be one of his pilots for his business and I was more than happy to help. We don't know each other personally, but after speaking with him many times on the phone about the sync 3 conversion I felt very comfortable with going through him and in addition, he even helped me tremendously in selecting my audio upgrades as well. He even remoted into my laptop to make sure my forscan settings were correct.
I STRONGLY encourage anyone who wants to convert to sync 3 to go through him for the simple face that 1, he is a forum member here and has been long before he started his business, 2, the support he gives is second to none, 3, his prices are very fair, especially for what you get from him and I'm not talking just equipment. For those of you that did go through him for your sync 3, you should acknowledge that in your signature to help him since he helped you.
I relinquish the soap box.

Bullittproof16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
I also recommend Hextall for all of your Sync 3 swapping needs. The install kit I received was spot-on and made the swap plug-n-play. I honestly don't think I would've done it without having such a well-made harness and kit. Two thumbs up!

Also, if @p6cl still has screens and APIMs, I recommend going through him as well. He is selling them at an amazing price and they were packed nicely. Everything was brand new with wrapping still on it.

I've been very happy with my swap!

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Be very careful where and whom you buy APIMs from, a LOT of stuff from China has made it's way over here. Some of it is legit, some of it bootleg. We had a friend purchase parts from a few of the other people that are trying to sell you guys parts on various sites and were not surprised that we received Chinese garbage that looked just like the real deal stuff from Mexico, however, once it was disassembled was found to be a knockoff. If you are offered an APIM that says Made in China, pass it by, most of those units are black market parts. If someone wants to debate that, you can contact me and I will provide you with my Ford email in order to put you in contact with the department that handles improperly disposed of Ford property. I can tell you for a fact that Ford Motor Company has a very detailed and very stringent method of disposing of parts that may or may not have been meant for a production car. Most of the time "new surplus Ford parts" are stuff that was stolen from a recycling bin or holding area for recycling and disposal.

FatPat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I just upgraded from MFT to SYNC 3. Shoutout to @HextallS550 for providing me with the preconfigured APIM for my car. The install couldn't be easier, and I'm really happy with the end result.

Possibly related to this install, I can't find the link where people ordered replacement blue clips. Anyone have a good place to get a pack? I may have grenaded a few getting the dash apart.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.