Status
Not open for further replies.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Decided to plug my phone and try Android Auto to see how it was before updating to 3.0...unfortunately when I plug in the phone it brought up the prompts for AA and I clicked through everything. Now when I plug in, it shows the Maps and AA button on Sync briefly before disappearing and nothing else happens. Is that a 2.2 issue or maybe an install issue?

I'll be doing the 3.0 upgrade either late tonight or tomorrow.
Sponsored

rii_505

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ricardo
Vehicle(s)
Mustang ecoboost 2018
Decided to plug my phone and try Android Auto to see how it was before updating to 3.0...unfortunately when I plug in the phone it brought up the prompts for AA and I clicked through everything. Now when I plug in, it shows the Maps and AA button on Sync briefly before disappearing and nothing else happens. Is that a 2.2 issue or maybe an install issue?

I'll be doing the 3.0 upgrade either late tonight or tomorrow.
From my experience, updating to the latest software solves every problem, i don't know about android cause i have an iphone but before updating my carplay app wasn't working. So my recommendation will be to just update and see if that works.

josephstef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I've just completed a sync 3 upgrade on my Australian / NZ Mustang. This thread has been a real help! I've compiled an asbuilt for any New Zealanders who have the GT v8 premium (Auto) since they're all the same here.

Link to the sheet here.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
My swap is now 100% complete. Big thanks to @Hextall and his crew for the harness and support on the Forscan programming and for connecting me with @breeves002 for the proper brackets to mount the screen in place. Got them shipped via 2 day mail which helped me not be riding around with a janky setup only held up by the dash surround!

Plus thanks to everyone in this thread and the Forscan thread for their posts which helped configure a few other things as well.

Emilbadal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Emil
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Auto DIB
I completed my Sync 3 swap. huge shout out to @HextallS550 , @breeves002 for both providing top notch quality parts and fantastic customer service and answering all my questions. I gathered parts through 5 or 6 different vendors and I was almost sure that I would face some sort of difficulty but to my surprise everything went silky smooth. And also big thanks to whoever that shared their knowledge and experience on this thread also. For those who are thinking about installing aftermarket amps, I genuinely recommend the ACM to RCA harness from hextalls550, it will make your life so much easier plus the clean low level signal from ACM is amazing. I wanted to add DSP, but after hearing it without, I think it's pass the point of diminishing returns.

Sponsored

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
I will soon be doing this over Turkey Day with a @HextallS550 harness and I am adding a helix dsp with Hybrid Audio speakers up front with shaker door panel conversion from base; so Clarus Tweets, Unity U3 and U6 in the door, fed by a jl xd600/6, sub is still debatable (@HextallS550 will like hearing that) although I'm almost certain to go the route he dislikes, BUT, everything else has been solely him giving me amazing advice, help, and knowledge with the entire process, NOT just the Sync 3. To say he is awesome or whatever is a complete understatement; he goes above and beyond; he's even trying to match his harness rca's to the same brand of rca's I have selected to go from there to the dsp...greatness! Sorry man, had to give props where they are due Hex!!

Gtstang48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang gt
Ok today i completely installed all the parts for the 4in to 8in conversion to sync 3 in my 2015 mustang gt and to my surprise everything worked except for the touch screen is that because i haven't upgraded the unit with forscan software?

inectarios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RHD Mustang GT
(RE: B11E6 - Right HVAC Damper Position Sensor DTC mentioned by jperls above)

You can't get rid of that one permanently unfortunately. It will throw it randomly.
Do you think this has something to do with upgrading from a Base (i.e. non dual climate control) model to Sync 3?

Emilbadal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Emil
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Auto DIB
Mine was working before Forscan programming, it might be different in your case though.

Sponsored

B0SS603

@dib_5.0
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacques
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Deep Impact Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone had a non responsive touch screen after sync 3 install?
Sounds like a hardware issue. I have yet to do this swap FWIW but that doesn't sound right to me.

xargon321

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 50th anniversary package
Ok today i completely installed all the parts for the 4in to 8in conversion to sync 3 in my 2015 mustang gt and to my surprise everything worked except for the touch screen is that because i haven't upgraded the unit with forscan software?
Check and see if you have the cable running from the apim to the screen i think thats the touch screen cable

xargon321

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Vehicle(s)
Just completed this swap Big thanks to Hextalls550 without this thread i would have been stuck buying from one of the upgrade websites. he even checked the vin of a car i was looking at to see if it had nav that i was looking for. Very standup guy I the apim i got was out of a 2018 F250SD dont know if its the f250's or it being a 2018 but the mounting points for the brackets on the screen are different plus the ends are not smooth but Notched.

so i did have to drill a new hole in my mustang mounting brackets and get some spacers to make it even but everything else went smooth apim programming was easier then expected, and i even updated to the latest build of sync 3

Lj2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
First of all, excuse my ignorance, so I bought these APIM and ACM, before relaizing how complicated the installation is. My questions:
1- the APIM I bought is MFT? Correct? That means I won’t be able to add sync 3?
2- how do I know if this one has a navigation?
3- my car is 2015 v6 base, if the one i bought has no navigation and and I won’t be able to add the Sync 3, would that make the installation easier? Which steps do I need to skip?

TIA!
F59F0E95-6514-4EC6-BCFD-DC98A121224C.jpeg
806E899F-22B8-47FE-989C-8EFED850C7A2.jpeg

xargon321

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Vehicle(s)
Yes the apim is MFT so you cant get sync 3 you can add nav to a non nav MFT if you want will need a map card. The ACM is independent of the apim you get that if you want HD radio or Sirius or both, its complicated if you're going to make you're harness but Hextalls550 makes conversion kits for sync 3 for base cars you can talk to him and see whats up i think he makes harnesses for MFT conversions too
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.