Status
Not open for further replies.

Greek6486

@Gt_supercharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I finished my sync 3 upgrade, and I have no navigation button on it anywhere, can anyone help me out? I installed a GPS antenna.... Software Versionil is 1.xxx and I haven't done any forscan stuff yet.
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I finished my sync 3 upgrade, and I have no navigation button on it anywhere, can anyone help me out? I installed a GPS antenna.... Software Versionil is 1.xxx and I haven't done any forscan stuff yet.
First thing first, did you buy a nav unit? Also, do your Forscan programming first to make sure everything is as it should be then go from there.

Greek6486

@Gt_supercharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
First thing first, did you buy a nav unit? Also, do your Forscan programming first to make sure everything is as it should be then go from there.
I think that I got a non nav unit, I was sold it by a guy on Facebook who parts out cars. The number
Hr3t 14g370 fbd is on the back of the unit. Is this programmable to get nav working? It has an antenna jack andan hooked a nav antenna up to it... Why the hell does it have a jack without nav??

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I think that I got a non nav unit, I was sold it by a guy on Facebook who parts out cars. The number
Hr3t 14g370 fbd is on the back of the unit. Is this programmable to get nav working? It has an antenna jack andan hooked a nav antenna up to it... Why the hell does it have a jack without nav??
Nonnav units can't get nav. The antenna is for the GPS direction to display.

You don't need nav though, just plug your phone in and use either CarPlay or AndroidAuto. Google Maps or Waze > Sync Nav any day.

Greek6486

@Gt_supercharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Anyone know how to get the software updates if you don't have the VIN number of the car you got the sync 3 from?

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Anyone know how to get the software updates if you don't have the VIN number of the car you got the sync 3 from?
I just went to the dealer and wrote down a number from a similar equipped Mustang. :p

ts03691

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I am sorry if this has already been answered. I have read every post here and may have missed it with all the information here. Have nearly everything to do the MFT -> Sync3 upgrade. Was doing some small Forscan changes to get used to that before attempting this. When I run Forscan it asks what Sync system is in the car. So I assume after I have the new Sync system I can simply answer Sync 3 and then flash the APIM with the As-Built file I have from a similar car with my options? Logically this is what seems correct but just wanted a second opinion.

EcoBoomer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Base EB; Performance Pack; Power Pack; Magnetic Metallic
Hey Everybody,

I just posted an extra Sync 3 APIM and Screen I have for sale in the Marketplace in case you are shopping for one. I wanted to offer it here for what I paid for it before I take it to ebay. I'm doing so out of appreciation for this thread in making it possible for me when I did my install. (I'm on this thread under my former username, 'Michael J'). Thanks again to HextallS550 and everyone who patiently guided us through this challenging, but fun upgrade.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/sync-3-non-nav-apim-screen-for-sale.113315/

Javi831

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Javier
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT “CS”, 2016 Kawasaki Ninja 650R
If people have questions until I can get a video up you can PM and discuss by phone, I'm out of town and don't have my car until I get home Friday night. But I can help with questions
Did you ever make that video?

Sponsored

Alex Muyshondt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alexander
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base, 2017 Ford Raptor
Hi guys , one question is these facebook page Legit from HEXTALLS550 ?
2DC352B2-B146-4C5C-9A34-71EB89D1BD5A.png

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
I think so, even though I'm not on Facebook...that is his phone number at least. I sent them a text earlier, still waiting for reply. I know Hex is busy with family right now but his partners are handling stuff.

Alex Muyshondt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alexander
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base, 2017 Ford Raptor
I think so, even though I'm not on Facebook...that is his phone number at least. I sent them a text earlier, still waiting for reply. I know Hex is busy with family right now but his partners are handling stuff.
Ok thank you

th2408au

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
get post guys, whats the best way to get hold of the MFT to Sync 3 hub adapter harness, im not that keen on cutting into the loom

rii_505

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ricardo
Vehicle(s)
Mustang ecoboost 2018
get post guys, whats the best way to get hold of the MFT to Sync 3 hub adapter harness, im not that keen on cutting into the loom
Hi, just contact Hextalls550 he has a small businness dedicated to sync units swapping.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.