Not open for further replies.

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Ordered everything I need. Got a non-Nav APIM because I will use the phone for that or Waze.

The only thing that needed a special order was the Hub.
Sponsored

hcappie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Ordered everything I need. Got a non-Nav APIM because I will use the phone for that or Waze.

The only thing that needed a special order was the Hub.
Where did you get the APIM from? Is the screen included? I am finding it difficult to find. It seems everwhere I look they are going pretty high in price

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
485.00 Sync3 APIM/nonNAV with the screen on ebay.

It came today and everything looks to be perfect. You have to stay at it and look 2 to 3 times a day because they go fast.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer

Sponsored

gww52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
GT500
Plug and play

I received some good news this morning. This possibility of this swap becoming plug n’ play for an affordable price just took a step closer to becoming a reality. As of now I have a solution for the hub, 4.2 screen, the Sirius data link, and Male APIM. I’m still waiting for a pull test on the female APIM. The concern isn’t the Chinese connector it’s the terminals. I finally found a company willing to make improvements based on my testing using OE methodology. “So what? It’s a harness” some may say.. that’s true but after sitting in an environment where temps can routinely exceed 70*C wouldn’t you rather not worry about the delicate CAN System in these cars?

Unfortunately my solution for the MS-CAN hasn’t panned out but I do have another idea that utilizes genuine Yazaki connectors, it will require a little extra work for the installer but it will be plug n’play!
A plug and play solution would be great.
I really don't want to move pins and add wires just in case I end up putting the base system back in.

EcoboostJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford white Ecoboost Performance Package
Well I'm in the middle of repinning. The two can terminals that need to be switched one broke off inside the connector and the other won't release. They are now all mangled. How do I remove these if they won't come out?

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
You don’t need to remove those! The pins on the GPS module are not meant to be installed into the APIM connector. I sent a reply to your PM about this.

EcoboostJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Hextall and everybody else that had any thing to do with this. I just completed a sync 3 swap . I moved pins, I installed the premium bezel. So is there a list of options with codes anywhere? I want to activate driving modes, I don't have climate on my screen, my steering wheel controls don't work, I want the mustang on the screen on start up. And the clock is not on. Thanks in advance. My screen and APIM came out of a 2017 c max. I'd also like to change the name of it also. My clock and temp is not working though. Any help for that ?. Again I'm so happy. Thanks . Myself not being very good with electronics if I did over I would just buy the kit from I believe there's two different vendors selling them but here I am I did it all by myself with the help of you guys thanks again off to forscan.

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
You will want the as built information from a Premium PP EB that has the same options as your car. When people use APIMs from a non-Mustang application the BEST thing to do is to flash ALL of the as built data. Not just certain lines. Do you know how to use FORScan already? I don't have any kind of repository but I can help you with the proper values but it wouldn't be until I am home tonight.

Sponsored

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Thanks Hextall and everybody else that had any thing to do with this. I just completed a sync 3 swap . I moved pins, I installed the premium bezel. So is there a list of options with codes anywhere? I want to activate driving modes, I don't have climate on my screen, my steering wheel controls don't work, I want the mustang on the screen on start up. And the clock is not on. Thanks in advance. My screen and APIM came out of a 2017 c max. I'd also like to change the name of it also. My clock and temp is not working though. Any help for that ?. Again I'm so happy. Thanks . Myself not being very good with electronics if I did over I would just buy the kit from I believe there's two different vendors selling them but here I am I did it all by myself with the help of you guys thanks again off to forscan.
I would echo what Hextall said about flashing the APIM.

This will help with everything else:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1811217&postcount=1300

EcoboostJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ok but i don't have any climate and my clock is not working. Thanks Jim

EcoboostJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You will want the as built information from a Premium PP EB that has the same options as your car. When people use APIMs from a non-Mustang application the BEST thing to do is to flash ALL of the as built data. Not just certain lines. Do you know how to use FORScan already? I don't have any kind of repository but I can help you with the proper values but it wouldn't be until I am home tonight.
Sounds good I need some help. :headbonk:

FordDude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6, 2005 Mustang GT
I'd like to send a huge thank you to HextallS550! Without his research and notes, I would've never attempted this conversion. I completed the base to sync3 swap in my wife's 2016 V6 within a few hours (after reading this thread several times). I found a gently used premium bezel without the heated/cooled seat controls, and a touchscreen/APIM out of a 2016 Focus. I purchased the necessary brackets for the touchscreen/APIM from https://squareup.com/store/www-dot-fordpimods-dot-com/ (Scroll towards the bottom of the page) (thanks for the find Stig).

Switching the pins was intimidating at first, but was easy after carefully releasing the first couple. It does make more sense once you have the APIM connector shield off and in front of you. After installing everything, the steering wheel controls, visual volume adjustment, and touchscreen climate controls didn't work (and the startup screen was only the Ford logo). I found a 2016 GT premium with the 8" screen, without the heated/cooled seats on Cars.com. Using the VIN, I then looked up the APIM info using the Ford AS-BUILT website (https://www.motorcraftservice.com/AsBuilt). I then copied ALL lines of the APIM settings from the GT to my wife's V6 exactly, and everything worked. I then used Spart's settings for a Base ACM, as I didn't convert to Sirus/HD radio (https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1811217&postcount=1300).

Hope this helps anyone attempting (or is in the process of) the conversion.
Radio2 pic.jpg
Radio pic.jpg

Last edited:

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
So I guess I need to look into the APIM stuff. I have no idea what kind of car mine came out of.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.