Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue Base GT A6
In the ACM

727-01-01 xxXx xxxx xx 0= is the internal amplifier for volume correction

You said you didn't have a SAT antenna, just clarifying you meant SAT (Sirius) if so make sure that:

727-01-01 Xxxx xxxx xx 1= Sirius 9= without Sirius

This fixes issues with phone calls, mic operation, and bluetooth operation.
Hex Once again thank you for all of the help I would not have even contemplated this swap if not for all of the information that you and others have shared here.

Just to make sure that you know exactly how I am set up. I have a 2017 base GT Auto 3.15 gears.

I swapped in a Syn3 APIM, ACM and bezel from a 2017 GT350 that had Sattelite Radio and Navigation along with the new USB Cables, HUB, and your harness. I did not install a GPS or Sat radio antenna because I do not like or use either of those two features.

I did also notice another item this morning that I will have to fix also this evening my remote start on my key fob did not work. I changed the line of as built data 7D0-01-02 xx8x xxxx xxxx to identify my car as an auto.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
You have to install the GPS antenna. As I said it's not only used for NAV, your car needs that signal for the telematics that assist in all kinds of features.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
bezel from a 2017 GT350 that had Sattelite Radio and Navigation along with the new USB Cables, HUB, and your harness.
I don't know how this keeps happening (regular Mustang guys ending up with GT350 bezels and vice versa) but you'll probably want to trade that GT350 bezel for a regular Mustang one.

You won't be able to use the LC or exhaust toggles on that bezel, and the GT350 drive modes are on the steering wheel, so you don't have a drive mode toggle. You're also now missing the toggle/button for steering feel (also on the GT350's wheel.)

Plenty of guys who do the Sync 3 swap in a 350 end up with a regular bezel, so if you're patient you might find someone to swap with you and probably make a few bucks while you're at it.

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Are the brackets on the Sync 2 (MFT) touchscreen the same as the sync 3 touchscreen?

Sponsored

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Yes, if the SYNC 3 screen/APIM is from a:

CMAX
Escape
Expedition
F-150
Focus
Fusion
Mustang
Thanks. I have a buddy doing the swap and I scored a nav unit for $120 off car-part. They wanted $250 for the screen lol but I already have one I scored for $100 off a focus from car-part a month ago.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Yes, if the SYNC 3 screen/APIM is from a:

CMAX
Escape
Expedition
F-150
Focus
Fusion
Mustang
Is that a for-sure confirmed list? Any model year caveats?

That's another thing we need nailed down and added to the OP when [MENTION=28081]HextallS550[/MENTION] updates it next.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
HEXTALLS550 Thank you for the harness I got the sync 3 swap completed today except the forscan programming. So far from just my initial trial I have not found anything that is not working yet except that I did not install the SAT antenna and my unit thinks that it is inop.

I also guess that I need to change the programming to show that I have an auto and no SAT. Your harness and this thread maid the install a simple project.

One question I do have is what is the harness used for that is labeled MSCAN?
Since you did not have MSCAN installed, can you confirm that your steering wheel buttons functioned without it?

Sponsored

buzz-dee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Premium PP
Yes,

And it is only the standard mount screen that accepts the mustang mounting brackets in the correct location. So any screen from the above mentioned vehicles (equipped with the mustang brackets) will fit the Mustangs

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Yes,

And it is only the standard mount screen that accepts the mustang mounting brackets in the correct location. So any screen from the above mentioned vehicles (equipped with the mustang brackets) will fit the Mustangs
Okay I was confused because you were replying to this:

Are the brackets on the Sync 2 (MFT) touchscreen the same as the sync 3 touchscreen?

Which, the answer to that is yes on the Mustangs at the very least, but I don't think the brackets are the same across all those models.

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Brackets are different between car lines, so you can't install Focus, Fusion into Mustang. However, MFT or Sync 3 Mustang brackets are all the same. APIM's are all the same no matter which car. ACM's are NOT

MS-CAN is no longer used on my Sync 3 harness for Mustang only. Other cars and MFT may sill use it. When I started the harnesses the Ford published literature I had clearly showed that it was necessary. Zack has looked into it and concluded that it is not. With my new partner in the harness manufacturing I am hoping to slowly branch out to ther Fords who are in need of the Sync 3 swap. If anyone has a base Fusion, F150, Fiesta or Focus please let me know. I will always provide a "finders fee" for assistance.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Brackets are different between car lines, so you can't install Focus, Fusion into Mustang. However, MFT or Sync 3 Mustang brackets are all the same. APIM's are all the same no matter which car. ACM's are NOT

MS-CAN is no longer used on my Sync 3 harness for Mustang only. Other cars and MFT may sill use it. When I started the harnesses the Ford published literature I had clearly showed that it was necessary. Zack has looked into it and concluded that it is not. With my new partner in the harness manufacturing I am hoping to slowly branch out to ther Fords who are in need of the Sync 3 swap. If anyone has a base Fusion, F150, Fiesta or Focus please let me know. I will always provide a "finders fee" for assistance.
I have a buddy with a base Fiesta, I'll reach out and see if he's interested in doing a swap.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.