you can get a quality harness just got to search for it and stay away from ebay

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
We sell complete kits only. Iā€™ve assisted several people with returning kits purchased from eBay as well as our competitors. The build quality and what youā€™re receiving for the money arenā€™t the same as our kit which is as close to an official Ford kit as you can purchase. mustang6g members get the biggest discount too šŸ‘šŸ¼
Apologies if the question has already been asked and answered but do the driving modes come enabled on your kits or would we be responsible for enabling them through Forscan after install?

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Apologies if the question has already been asked and answered but do the driving modes come enabled on your kits or would we be responsible for enabling them through Forscan after install?
We do that for you. What we sell is as close to an official kit as you can purchase because of the components that I use, what I do for a living and the fact that my harnesses are actually built and engineered specifically for this application. Itā€™s not a repurposed Chinese spider harness originally designed for MFT.

already

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang s550 3.7 v6 2016
Hi everyone, today I tried to install the 2018 gt frame and the apim module of a ford focus, but the climate on the display and the steering controls don't work. does anyone have a solution thanks

Sponsored

GilmourD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS - Ruby Red Metallic
As I may have said previously in this thread (it was a while ago and I forget) the previous owner of my '15 GT retrofitted Sync3 into it. Everything works as expected except sometimes Waze loses GPS fix and doesn't track my motion.

The reason I'm asking here is that I'm wondering if Android Auto (Waze) uses the car's GPS antenna or if it uses the phone's. Waze works just fine when I use it standalone on my phone in my wife's car ('11 Edge, so no smartphone integration at all) so I'm curious if the previous owner's Sync3 "kit" came with a garbage GPS antenna that's causing me issues.

already

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang s550 3.7 v6 2016
Thank you very much. I solved the air conditioner, but I still don't have the steering wheel controls and it gives me U0155 on the APIM module which has lost communication with the IPC. I think it's a wiring problem, could you tell me which connector pins are from the steering wheel

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
As I may have said previously in this thread (it was a while ago and I forget) the previous owner of my '15 GT retrofitted Sync3 into it. Everything works as expected except sometimes Waze loses GPS fix and doesn't track my motion.

The reason I'm asking here is that I'm wondering if Android Auto (Waze) uses the car's GPS antenna or if it uses the phone's. Waze works just fine when I use it standalone on my phone in my wife's car ('11 Edge, so no smartphone integration at all) so I'm curious if the previous owner's Sync3 "kit" came with a garbage GPS antenna that's causing me issues.
When Waze is acting funny, try using Google maps and see if it is better. I've had GPS and positioning problems with Waze in the past and my car has Sync3 with navigation from the factory. As much as I like Waze, Google maps has given stable performance.
This could just be a problem with your phone settings not allowing GPS to run in the background. When using Waze standalone, the app is running in the foreground and battery saving functions are not affecting it. Try adjusting the app settings to allow background use.

Added: You can see the Sync3 GPS satellite signal strength to verify the GPS antenna on the car is working.
1. Go into diagnostic mode: Warning, turn your volume down. The first test is a speaker diagnostic.
2. Press and hold the "Next Track" buttons on the steering wheel and below the screen. The diagnostic screen will come up and the audio tests will start.
3. Choose "Testing Settings" then scroll down to the satellite tests where you can check signal strength and location.

Last edited:
OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Unfortunately, for many of our competitors and you folks that are DIY, what youā€™re describing is a hardware issue. Itā€™s the result of using antennas that were never meant to be used with Ford APIMs. Our customers do not have these issues.

Sponsored

GilmourD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS - Ruby Red Metallic
Unfortunately, for many of our competitors and you folks that are DIY, what youā€™re describing is a hardware issue. Itā€™s the result of using antennas that were never meant to be used with Ford APIMs. Our customers do not have these issues.
@StangTime's suggestion helped somewhat but not entirely.

What part number am I looking for to get the correct antenna?

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Been out of the loop for awhile on this so forgive me if this has been asked alreadyā€¦

Is it possible to use a 2021+ GT500 bezel in a base GT? I know some people had success with the GT350 with just the LC and Exhaust toggle not functional. The 500 bezel appears to just have an exhaust toggle instead of a steering mode toggle. Curious if the other toggles function properly along with the HVAC?

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Been out of the loop for awhile on this so forgive me if this has been asked alreadyā€¦

Is it possible to use a 2021+ GT500 bezel in a base GT? I know some people had success with the GT350 with just the LC and Exhaust toggle not functional. The 500 bezel appears to just have an exhaust toggle instead of a steering mode toggle. Curious if the other toggles function properly along with the HVAC?
No, you wonā€™t have drive modes. Iā€™m not sure what year your car is but stick to a 2018+ bezel from a GT or EB. GT500/GT350 have different trim color as well.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
No, you wonā€™t have drive modes. Iā€™m not sure what year your car is but stick to a 2018+ bezel from a GT or EB. GT500/GT350 have different trim color as well.
Well my car is rather unique....

S197 Hybrid - 2006 Mustang with S550 guts | 2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, EcoBoost, GT350, GT500, Bullitt, Mach 1) - Mustang6G.com

The goal was to get the different trim color and toggle color of the GT500/350 bezel. Since I do not have a bcm yet, I could search for a 500 module but I worry what else would be incompatible due to the DCT in the 500.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
We do that for you. What we sell is as close to an official kit as you can purchase because of the components that I use, what I do for a living and the fact that my harnesses are actually built and engineered specifically for this application. Itā€™s not a repurposed Chinese spider harness originally designed for MFT.
Can you PM me pricing? Considering doing this upgrade to my 2022. Thanks.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.