Not open for further replies.

NC GTier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Haider
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 5.0 Conv Auto Silver
Hi all, I did the base to sync 3 swap on my 16 GT and everything seems to work except the damn start button. I can’t turn on accessory mode or start the car. Anyone else have this problem?
Are you 100% positive you connected both bezel connectors or just may you left one off?
Sponsored

5.Slo_chick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 guard pp
Pretty sure, even took the whole thing apart to redo it and tried using my old bezel to see if that worked so I could do the programming first in case I was suppose to do that first.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Can anyone help me with my issue? I’m going to order a New APIM for my 2019 Mustang GT that I did a base swap to a sync 3. My APIM failed me a few days ago. What data needs to be changed For the APIM As build Data And FICM so I Can run the new APIM?
How many different threads are you going to post in? Just ask Hextall.

And by the way you originally sold you never received the APIM from the guy you bought the Sync 3 screen from. What gives?

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I’m speaking with him by PM. There are some details that I can not discuss due Ford and Roush policies regarding things such as “as built” data which is considered proprietary. I do not sell that data, when we sell a customer a kit the modules that they obtain from us are already done. If we need to change anything further we do it remotely.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I’m speaking with him by PM. There are some details that I can not discuss due Ford and Roush policies regarding things such as “as built” data which is considered proprietary. I do not sell that data, when we sell a customer a kit the modules that they obtain from us are already done. If we need to change anything further we do it remotely.
Hi there. Sorry I didn't remember that. You have said it before. But honestly he claimed not to have an APIM so I though he might have bought one from you.

Sponsored

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
That's why you with Hex from the get go...I can't even count how many times I've said that.
@HextallS550 sorry I haven't been in touch about my toggle switch, just can't afford to do anything about that right now...damn woman, lol.

websterzx10r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt PP 6 spd
I have a 2015 Mustang Gt PP car. The previous owner installed a TomTop radio. I would like to have sync 3. I do have the 8” touch screen. Would the ford sync 3 APIM purchase alone be sufficient or do I need the whole kit ?
AA54D80F-2A6C-4F54-9091-29D4BBC48817.png
E4758234-EF01-4C3B-BB13-D8FE3BE88F05.png

99740E9A-3B95-4051-AA7E-6A6B55EEBCED.png

Last edited:

KewlWinter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EcoBoost Premium+ Ruby Red
Vehicle Showcase
You will need at a minimum, the bezel, APIM, 8" screen, and ACM. If your car is not a premium, then likely you will also need an adapter harness to go from the base 4.2" setup the car used to have to the premium 8" setup. That 8" screen in your pics is part of that aftermarket radio and not compatible with SYNC3.

Edit: Also, if you want CarPlay, you will need the USB hub and cables.

Ferrcad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
I have a 2015 Mustang Gt PP car. The previous owner installed a TomTop radio. I would like to have sync 3. I do have the 8” touch screen. Would the ford sync 3 APIM purchase alone be sufficient or do I need the whole kit ?
AA54D80F-2A6C-4F54-9091-29D4BBC48817.png
E4758234-EF01-4C3B-BB13-D8FE3BE88F05.png

99740E9A-3B95-4051-AA7E-6A6B55EEBCED.png
And also hope the guy that put the radio in did not cut and butch all the factory plugs and harnesses. The screen you have is probably a MFT system and APIM which will not work for SYNC 3x above. As stated in previous post, will need a new screen, APIM, USB and harnesses. When buying the APIM, you could add factory Navigation to the unit if you like by buying the Nav APIM. If not then save a few bucks and go non nav and use the Waze via Android or Apple. Good Luck!!

Sponsored

Obsol3te

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Well, I really wish I found this thread before "upgrading" to sync 3.
I found a kit pieced together from the parts farm.
New Ford cables, hub, used apim/8" non nav screen, conversion harness, etc.

Everything seems to work just fine except for accessory power, triple checked all connections to make sure they were connected but I'm getting nowhere.
Read through this entire thread and only found 2 that had similar problems.
One found a loose connector, the other didn't post any fixes.

Anyone have any suggestions? I reached out to the parts farm to see if maybe the bezel might be junk.

Obsol3te

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
We sell complete kits only. I’ve assisted several people with returning kits purchased from eBay as well as our competitors. The build quality and what you’re receiving for the money aren’t the same as our kit which is as close to an official Ford kit as you can purchase. mustang6g members get the biggest discount too 👍🏼

KKJMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
We sell complete kits only. I’ve assisted several people with returning kits purchased from eBay as well as our competitors. The build quality and what you’re receiving for the money aren’t the same as our kit which is as close to an official Ford kit as you can purchase. mustang6g members get the biggest discount too 👍🏼
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.