SYNC 3 swap, It's all in here

Status
Not open for further replies.

alnkike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang 2015 deep impact blue 2.3
Hello, i have made the swap but i have one issue, when the apim is on i always have a white noise and when i push the start button ( to shut down the sync3) the screen is still on, i have to open the door and everything is ok.(screen and white sound). Thanks for your help
Sponsored

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Hello, i have made the swap but i have one issue, when the apim is on i always have a white noise and when i push the start button ( to shut down the sync3) the screen is still on, i have to open the door and everything is ok.(screen and white sound). Thanks for your help
If you have the backlight issue check this digit in the asbuilt 7D0-06-01 x?xx if the screen will not go off in the older cars like my 2014 Explorer you have to change that digit to a 1 instead of a 0. x1xx

alnkike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang 2015 deep impact blue 2.3
If you have the backlight issue check this digit in the asbuilt 7D0-06-01 x?xx if the screen will not go off in the older cars like my 2014 Explorer you have to change that digit to a 1 instead of a 0. x1xx
Thank you for your reply but No it's no the backlight it's all the screen stay on, before i have a sync2, maybe i have to change something in the apim's connection because i try so many code in the apim and acm.

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for your reply but No it's no the backlight it's all the screen stay on, before i have a sync2, maybe i have to change something in the apim's connection because i try so many code in the apim and acm.
can you message me your vin and let me look at the asbuilt

tangguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Raul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
I just did my 2015 4 to 8" upgrade.Many thanks to those who contributed to this thread.The only issue I see so far is a jumpy compass in the center display.I did do the Forscan changes...Going to go for a ride to see how it goes.
Hey man, I have the same issue. Did you find how to fix the jumpy compass on IPC? MIne toggles between between opposite directions all the time.

Sponsored

StangV6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6, Automatic
Hey man, I have the same issue. Did you find how to fix the jumpy compass on IPC? MIne toggles between between opposite directions all the time.
Try changing these bits to make sure the transmission type matches what's actually in your car:

Manual vs. Auto Trans

7D0-01-02 xx9x xxxx xxxx - Manual Master Race
7D0-01-02 xx8x xxxx xxxx - Autotragic

This has been documented to fix the wonky compass.

josephstef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Try changing these bits to make sure the transmission type matches what's actually in your car:

Manual vs. Auto Trans

7D0-01-02 xx9x xxxx xxxx - Manual Master Race
7D0-01-02 xx8x xxxx xxxx - Autotragic

This has been documented to fix the wonky compass.
Is it a Nav unit? My wonky compass was an issue with the aerial, (NZ/AU Mustang) I went through about 3 aerials before i found one that Sync 3 liked, and i also had to remove the factory aerial as the center console was confused which one to use. Yep sounds crazy.... but just what i had to do, similar issues for other people if you read around.

doubledeee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2017 F150 XLT, 2012 HD Road Glide
I completed the Sync 3 conversion on my 2015 GT Premium a couple months ago and everything works great but for one concern. When I adjust the climate via the physical buttons and thermostats the only way I know the settings is when I am on the Sync climate controls screen. I found this youTube video for F150 that shows climate setting adjustments on any screen, can anyone help me with the Forscan settings to get this working? I have version 3.4. Thanks in advance.

doubledeee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2017 F150 XLT, 2012 HD Road Glide
I completed the Sync 3 conversion on my 2015 GT Premium a couple months ago and everything works great but for one concern. When I adjust the climate via the physical buttons and thermostats the only way I know the settings is when I am on the Sync climate controls screen. I found this youTube video for F150 that shows climate setting adjustments on any screen, can anyone help me with the Forscan settings to get this working? I have version 3.4. Thanks in advance.
Fixed!

There are very limited options in the APIM module configuration (SYNC 3.4??) but found the AS BUILT parameter in an F150 spreadsheet.

7D0-04-01 xxxx xxx* xxxx
Climate: 0=enable Climate Control Repeater for Dual Climate Control, 1=disable CCR, 2=enable CCR for Single Climate Control, 3=disable CCR, 4=E8 Program

Sponsored

StangV6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just did the 4" to 8" swap in my '17 base.
Having an issue with the starter button not functioning at all. Press the button, and no accessory power, and it will not start!
Oddly enough, though, when I press the power button on the radio, it powers up and shuts off when I press it again.
Removed bezel and checked the connections to the harness there...everything clicked into place...don't really want to remove everything again! Bezel backlights light up as well....kind of at a loss here.

(Also, just want to add that the car starts using the remote, but nothing going on with the start button...no accessory power and no start, as stated above.)

Last edited:

kaltes32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
I recently did a 4” to 8” sync3 swap on a 2016 V6 with 051A package. The APIM was out of another vehicle and So far everything seems to be working except the compass reads incorrectly andI have a few DTC’s show up when I open Forscan. I have combed through the AS-Built and compared it to what factory values would be for the car (except APIM is not listed) and I can’t figure out why these faults persist. Can anyone take a look at any of these and tell me what’s happening? It’s come to the point that I’m punching in Forcan values in my dreams. I have attached my current ASBuilt data below.

APIM
Code: U0159 - Lost Communication With Parking Assist Control Module A. Status TC Present at Time of Request. Malfunction Indicator Lamp is Off for this DTC.

FCIM
Code: B1A64 - Left Solar Sensor Status: DTC Present at Time of Request. Malfunction Indicator Lamp is Off for this DTC

Code: B1A63 - Right Solar Sensor DTC Present at Time of Request. Malfunction Indicator Lamp is Off for this DTC

As for the compass issue, It is a 4D-tech gps antenna and I mounted it on the metal bracket the oe antenna came from. Is there a calibration step or do I possibly have the orientation wrong on the dash?
IMG_5253.jpg
Screensho.jpg

StangV6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I recently did a 4” to 8” sync3 swap on a 2016 V6 with 051A package. The APIM was out of another vehicle and So far everything seems to be working except the compass reads incorrectly andI have a few DTC’s show up when I open Forscan. I have combed through the AS-Built and compared it to what factory values would be for the car (except APIM is not listed) and I can’t figure out why these faults persist. Can anyone take a look at any of these and tell me what’s happening? It’s come to the point that I’m punching in Forcan values in my dreams. I have attached my current ASBuilt data below.

APIM
Code: U0159 - Lost Communication With Parking Assist Control Module A. Status TC Present at Time of Request. Malfunction Indicator Lamp is Off for this DTC.

FCIM
Code: B1A64 - Left Solar Sensor Status: DTC Present at Time of Request. Malfunction Indicator Lamp is Off for this DTC

Code: B1A63 - Right Solar Sensor DTC Present at Time of Request. Malfunction Indicator Lamp is Off for this DTC

As for the compass issue, It is a 4D-tech gps antenna and I mounted it on the metal bracket the oe antenna came from. Is there a calibration step or do I possibly have the orientation wrong on the dash?
IMG_5253.jpg
Screensho.jpg

Don't bother beating yourself up trying to clear those DTC's for the Solar sensors.....they will always be present, but will not affect anything adversely, so they can be ignored. They are present because your car uses a different sensor than the newer cars, so it will not ever be able to communicate properly....but like I said, harms nothing! This is explained very well in this video by Hextall....watch around the 28:00 minute mark as he explains these DTC's.

The Parking Assist DTC is from the fact that your car never had the Parking Assist hardware, so it is searching in vain for it. Is your car an automatic or a manual?

According to your Forscan readout, the 7D0-01-02 line is set as an automatic, with the 3rd digit being an 8 but if it a manual, it should be a 9.... this will mess up your compass. Here are the changes you can make to hopefully clear some of the DTC's:

RPA vs. Non-RPA
(Reverse Park Assist aka Reverse Sensing System RSS)

7D0-01-01 xAxx xxxx xxxx - RPA
7D0-01-01 x2xx xxxx xxxx - Non-RPA

7D0-04-02 xxx1 xx - RPA
7D0-04-02 xxx0 xx - Non-RPA

Your Forscan configuration shows that your car has Rear Parking Assist, when it actually doesn't, therefore the DTC.

Manual vs. Auto Trans

7D0-01-02 xx9x xxxx xxxx - Manual
7D0-01-02 xx8x xxxx xxxx - Automatic

Give these a shot, hopefully they will help!

As for the compass issue, mine was a bit wonky until I took it out of the garage for a drive in clear sight of all the satellites....guess it needed to self-calibrate...was accurate and not randomly flipping directions after I did this.

StangV6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just did the 4" to 8" swap in my '17 base.
Having an issue with the starter button not functioning at all. Press the button, and no accessory power, and it will not start!
Oddly enough, though, when I press the power button on the radio, it powers up and shuts off when I press it again.
Removed bezel and checked the connections to the harness there...everything clicked into place...don't really want to remove everything again! Bezel backlights light up as well....kind of at a loss here.

(Also, just want to add that the car starts using the remote, but nothing going on with the start button...no accessory power and no start, as stated above.)
OK....got this solved....went back and checked all harness connections....loose/not seated connections will give you problems!! All good now.

kaltes32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
Don't bother beating yourself up trying to clear those DTC's for the Solar sensors.....they will always be present, but will not affect anything adversely, so they can be ignored. They are present because your car uses a different sensor than the newer cars, so it will not ever be able to communicate properly....but like I said, harms nothing! This is explained very well in this video by Hextall....watch around the 28:00 minute mark as he explains these DTC's.

The Parking Assist DTC is from the fact that your car never had the Parking Assist hardware, so it is searching in vain for it. Is your car an automatic or a manual?

According to your Forscan readout, the 7D0-01-02 line is set as an automatic, with the 3rd digit being an 8 but if it a manual, it should be a 9.... this will mess up your compass. Here are the changes you can make to hopefully clear some of the DTC's:

RPA vs. Non-RPA
(Reverse Park Assist aka Reverse Sensing System RSS)

7D0-01-01 xAxx xxxx xxxx - RPA
7D0-01-01 x2xx xxxx xxxx - Non-RPA

7D0-04-02 xxx1 xx - RPA
7D0-04-02 xxx0 xx - Non-RPA

Your Forscan configuration shows that your car has Rear Parking Assist, when it actually doesn't, therefore the DTC.

Manual vs. Auto Trans

7D0-01-02 xx9x xxxx xxxx - Manual
7D0-01-02 xx8x xxxx xxxx - Automatic

Give these a shot, hopefully they will help!

As for the compass issue, mine was a bit wonky until I took it out of the garage for a drive in clear sight of all the satellites....guess it needed to self-calibrate...was accurate and not randomly flipping directions after I did this.
This fixed the problem. Thanks for your help!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.