Sponsored

Sway bar (Ford Racing) not staying put? Help

TnWHTMARE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
Weird question I know but I purchased a front and rear Ford racing sway bar set for my 18 GT. Oddly enough(at least to me), the sway bar keeps shifting to the right and the left side catches the cradle/frame? I'm not a suspension guy, at all. Any input on this? I had a friend who is a tech slap them in. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Front or rear swaybar?

You can get some clamps to put on the bar which will keep it centered. The stock bars come with integrated lips on the bar to keep it from moving. Aftermarket bars without the lip feature should come with clamps for this reason (and many do). Its a shame Ford ships their bars without them.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Front or rear swaybar?

You can get some clamps to put on the bar which will keep it centered. The stock bars come with integrated lips on the bar to keep it from moving. Aftermarket bars without the lip feature should come with clamps for this reason (and many do). Its a shame Ford ships their bars without them.
Ford Performance ships bars with new bushings and clamps.

OP
OP
TnWHTMARE

TnWHTMARE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
Front or rear swaybar?

I'm sorry, it is the front. I am very confident that it had new clamps and bushings (i can confirm with the tech) but I'm sure that he installed whatever they sent.

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
I'm sorry, it is the front. I am very confident that it had new clamps and bushings (i can confirm with the tech) but I'm sure that he installed whatever they sent.
I'm using these sway bar locks for the front. I got this recommendation from someone on the forum a year ago. Hope it helps

https://www.suspension.com/dll138

Sponsored

OP
OP
TnWHTMARE

TnWHTMARE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
I'm using these sway bar locks for the front. I got this recommendation from someone on the forum a year ago. Hope it helps

https://www.suspension.com/dll138
Thank so very much, that looks like what I need. So clearly this is an issue with some replacement sway bars. Too bad the Ford Racing units didnt imitate the factory design. Oh, well. Thanks again guys!!

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Very surprised to see they are still shipping their front sway bars without either integrated collars, or bolt-on collars...

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
I bought my FR track susp kit over a year ago for my 17 and it had the collars. Very strange they are still making them like this. Lateral locks are your friend Whiteline makes them. Cheap and easy to install!
Sponsored