daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
So I purchased and installed SVE Springs myself, nothing else and I was having a clunk/rattle over bumps or going in and out of the driveway (not all bumps but bigger ones would cause the clunk/rattle noise), coming from the front end.

Anyways I took the car to a performance shop to get the bushings clocked and an alignment. They clocked the bushings and aligned the car within spec with Camber bolts. After that, I still have the noise and they heard it as well while test driving the car, they checked the bushings again and they said they looked fine. They checked all the bolts and everything that would have been taken out for the spring install, everything is tight. We ran out of time and I am supposed to go back to get rear camber arms installed, just to get the rear camber in a little better, it is in spec but could be better... I would like to just hold off and order every other suspension part I need or should get and just do it all in one go this time.

My question is, could it be the strut tower brace? He said sometimes the strut tower braces with the spacers can cause noise, we didn't remove it and since I have got the car back, I haven't had time to take it off and check that.

Otherwise what could be the issue...
-End Links?
-Are my stock Struts just not up to the task at all?
-Could it be the strut mount? (I see that some 11-14 guys have had that issue)

I was going to wait until next year to do any more suspension upgrades, but if I can't get this clunk/rattle issue figured out within the next week, I might just drop a bunch of money and order everything this year and have the shop install everything for me, I don't have the time right now.

I am not a suspension guru at all, so I am looking for help and advice on what I need to buy here... right now the car will be stock and slow for a few years, eventually I would like to get a Procharger, but that is a few years out, but I don't mind planning ahead and getting the suspension right before hand.. below is what I am looking to get, and I was looking to go with BMR or Steeda stuff, I am open to any and all suggestions. It will be a street car only. Probably never see the drag strip.

-Vertical Links
-IRS Brace
-K-Member Brace
-Front/Rear Sway Bars
-Shocks & Struts
-Rear Camber Arms
-Control Arm Kit

So besides what is listed, what are any other worthwhile or must upgrades for the suspension and anything I might need to upgrade or get due to lowering the car and/or adding a power adder down the road?

If you read all that, thanks.. I look forward to any and all help/info I can get.
Sponsored

Lightning

Miss my 93
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
50th anaversery GT, 2019 Golf R
Vehicle Showcase
You have a sound clip? I’m having a similar problem with my front strut. but waiting for a replacement strut and schedule a shop hour to swap it out to see if it actually is The strut.

OP
OP
daSNAK3

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
You have a sound clip? I’m having a similar problem with my front strut. but waiting for a replacement strut and schedule a shop hour to swap it out to see if it actually is The strut.
I don't but I could get one.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
99% of the time it is the sway link bolt not tight enough

OP
OP
daSNAK3

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
99% of the time it is the sway link bolt not tight enough
They told me they checked them, I can always double check Tuesday when I have time to get the car in the air.

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
They are supposed to be stupid tight, like 80 ft/lbs

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)

S550 Mustang Suspension Torque Specs List
Suspension ComponentTorque Specs
Front Sway Bar End Links85 ft/lbs
Upper Strut Mount Nuts46 ft/lbs
Front Sway Bar76 ft/lbs
Front Subframe(8) Forward Nuts - 85 ft/lbs | Rear Bolts - 85 ft/lbs

blakedanatural

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 Premium
Yes I have been having the same issues. I replaced the factory coil springs in the front and I have koni orange shocks on my 2015 gt premium. As I am driving I can hear noise from the front area. I thought I got everybody to specs but i will check the sway bar links bolts

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Front Sway Bar End Links85 ft/lbs
I haven't looked but is this yet another case of faster diameter not matching the the size of the hole and using unnecessary tightness to keep the bolt from sliding up and down?

I wonder if shimming (diameter reduction) would solve this annoying problem once and for all.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
I wonder if shimming (diameter reduction) would solve this annoying problem once and for all.
Thats what I did on mine. I welded a washer of the correct diameter to the strut. A sleeve over the bolt would also work.

The slot on the strut is much larger than the bolt on the end link

Sponsored

AAD Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aadperformance.com
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
S550 5.0 2.9L Whipple AAD Drag Pak
Sway bar and endlinks are usually the culprit in this situation, check bolt torque, check endlinks for bend or damage, and make sure sway bar mounts are in good condition.

Be sure to check out https://aadperformance.com/ when shopping for your suspension set up later on down the road, among our many advantages, our parts don't increase NVH and are completely rebuildable.

-Graham

Christurek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I installed new springs at around 10,000 miles and they've creaked ever since. However it drives just fine so I just haven't worried about it.

OP
OP
daSNAK3

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I installed new springs at around 10,000 miles and they've creaked ever since. However it drives just fine so I just haven't worried about it.
my car has under 2,000 miles and definitely not a creak.. it makes me cringe when it clunks. Something is definitely not working right under there. I’m gonna look more Tuesday/Wednesday when I have time to actually look. Hopefully I find something cuz I don’t even want to move it like this.

that’s why I’m wondering if I find nothing if I should just buy all the suspension upgrades now and have the shop install it and HOPE that fixes the issue. 🤦🏻‍♂️

OP
OP
daSNAK3

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
So today I finally got around to clocking the front rearward and forward control arm bushings (4 nuts total) in my driveway.. before each side of my rim to fender was at 4 3/8” from the points I measured.. I physically seen the bushing turn as I loosened the nuts. Car was under load and after i tightened everything up and dropped the car back down to the ground, it lowered to 4 1/8”.. I thought for sure my issue was fixed.

I pulled out of my driveway (a big drop off) and it was silent.. I thought awesome, it’s fixed, no noise like normal. I did some driving around and went to an area I know is bumpy and shitty.. and there was the noise again.. the car seems to drive better and is more quiet than before.. but severe bumps still bring the noise out. I am at my wits end with this thing.

My question is there anything else in the front that needs to be “clocked”.. I don’t know what I am missing here.. I went over everything 5 times now.. nothing is loose.. springs look to be installed correct, bump stops that came with them are in correctly.

I just contacted another shop in hopes they can fix this.. waiting to hear back from them.. I don’t know what else to do and ready to sell the damn car already.

OBGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Oxford White
This clunk noise must be common
my 2021 GT has had the same sort of clunk from new in the front left hand side, passengers side on this side of the pond.
Sponsored