Sponsored

Supercharger....which one?

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
If you want low end torque, then you want a positive displacement supercharger (vs centrifugal). There are 2 different types of PD superchargers, screw and roots. Whipple is the only screw type of the bunch and is more efficient than a roots, meaning that it will make more hp per pound of boost. The Whipple is also 3.0 liters of displacement while most of the roots like Roush, Edelbrock, VMP, etc are 2.65. All of the PD’s are about the same install wise but if I remember correctly some required grinding on the timing cover. Personally I went with Whipple (I also plan on building a forged motor and making a lot more power not too far in the future) but if I was going for a roots style I’d go with either the VMP or Edelbrock before the Roush.

Centerfugal’s like Procharger, Paxton and Vortech are the easiest to install and make great peak power, but will not have the torque or throttle response of a positive displacement supercharger.
No grinding on the valve cover required...
Sponsored

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
OP
OP
danno1

danno1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
The difference is that the Stage 1 has a stock throttle body adapter and The Stage 2 kit has a 132mm large mouth throttle body.
How much difference are they in performance vs money?

Sponsored

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
How much difference are they in performance vs money?
As you might now a smaller TB creates a restriction when large volumes of air are needed. Think small straw vs big straw. It will reduce the pressure drop at the throttle body. This doesn't apply as much to turbo setups as much, because the air is forced through the throttle body instead of sucked through. At some point the inlet will become a restriction for the turbo as the boost gets turned up.

OP
OP
danno1

danno1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
I hate to bring this up. But I was always wondering if adding the supercharger would increase or decrease the value of the car. After checking 2 online buyers ( Vroom, Carvana), I made an input with and without the supercharger, it looks like it DECREASES the value by about 4K. Carmax wants to schedule an appointment to see the car with the supercharger. I guess in putting it under "car mod" is why.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I hate to bring this up. But I was always wondering if adding the supercharger would increase or decrease the value of the car. After checking 2 online buyers ( Vroom, Carvana), I made an input with and without the supercharger, it looks like it DECREASES the value by about 4K. Carmax wants to schedule an appointment to see the car with the supercharger. I guess in putting it under "car mod" is why.
The value of the car is determined by a potential buyer, in this case a dealer. The value of a modified car to them is very low. Assuredly someone that wants this car would pay more for it without the dealer involved. I would assume this is the reason why people don't trade these cars in with the mods on them. I couldn't ever see myself buying a used sports car though.

RedGT45

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
No grinding on the valve cover required...
He said timing cover. Procharger requires you to grind the timing cover for the HO kit, which is funny because one of their big selling points is how it is reversible and no permanent modifications are required. It literally takes 5 minutes with an angle grinder though, not a big deal at all.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
He said timing cover. Procharger requires you to grind the timing cover for the HO kit, which is funny because one of their big selling points is how it is reversible and no permanent modifications are required. It literally takes 5 minutes with an angle grinder though, not a big deal at all.
my bad... Thought I saw valve cover, but I don't see how Procharger requires that and PD superchargers don't. lol

Sponsored

Meth 18GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Performance Pack Level 1
No it doesn't

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PP GT 6 SPEED
ford Performance/Roush blowers will fetch more at a Ford dealership especially with proof of authorized installer.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
If you run a procharger carb legal kit there’s no grinding. If you are looking for 750whp or less it’s a good option. Over that and you start having to modify the kit a little
Sponsored