Sponsored

Stripe replacement

ducatismo

Ducatismo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
In a bout of stupidity I scratched the rear bumper stripes parking. Not bad but enough to scuff up the stripes. Ford dealer quoted me $240 for the rear bottom section alone! Crazy. Any good sources to get a oem quality replacement for black/white accent stripes?
Sponsored

Salt Ninja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT Premium with 50 Years Pkg
In the same boat, but I messed up my hood matte stripe. Haven't found anything inexpensive so far.

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
That's about right on cost. Ford repainted my rear fascia because of a gouged scratch I found right after picking car up. So they had to have body shop replace both black stripes on my rear fascia. But the smaller one after replaced got some grit under one side and caused bumps so body shop picked up the tab for the second smaller one replacement and farmed it out to a graphic shop to replace it the second time. Now all is good. Ford told me if I would have had to buy both of those stripes it would have been about $500.00 for both. So the body shop ended up out about $250.00 for the smaller one that was done over plus they had to pay graphic shop. But at least they were right up front and took care of problem. And by the way the repainted rear fascia came out perfect and is an exact blue color as the rest of the car. (I was worried about that)

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
Nothing to contribute other than the fact that replacements are pricey. I lucked up when my local dealer gifted me a spare set for the leading edge of the hood after noticing a rock chip took a chunk out of one of mine.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
White bear lake ford. A lot less than that, but still pricey.

Sponsored

zzj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zac
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 H1828
If you don't mind the aftermarket stripes Big Worm Graphix does offer customer colors pand pinstripes. You can replace the whole car stripes for a little bit over 200. Not very easy to tell if it's stock stripes IMO unless you choose very unique colors combo.

Lexluther

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350
Ford stripes are painted vinyl if you look closely you can see the orange peel. If you look at the front bumper you can see paint chipping from rocks. Printed vinyl will not match and in the long run the painted ones will fade while the printed vinyl is colorfast so the stripes won't match.

jamesb1986

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Searching through posts about stripes and this one seemed to be recent and relevant to me, wondering if anyone can provide more recent/accurate pricing on stripe replacement?

My story is that something came up off the road and took a small chunk out of the left hand stripe, specifically the small section below the front grill. There is no damage to the paint underneath and the chunk taken off was only about as big as a penny.

Am I really looking at circa $250 from a dealer for this? Is the pricing $250 per stripe, no matter how much of the total stripe over the car that is replaced? If anyone can offer a breakdown of the price and/or alternative ideas that would be great.

PencilGeek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR278, 2008 BMW M3
Searching through posts about stripes and this one seemed to be recent and relevant to me, wondering if anyone can provide more recent/accurate pricing on stripe replacement?

My story is that something came up off the road and took a small chunk out of the left hand stripe, specifically the small section below the front grill. There is no damage to the paint underneath and the chunk taken off was only about as big as a penny.

Am I really looking at circa $250 from a dealer for this? Is the pricing $250 per stripe, no matter how much of the total stripe over the car that is replaced? If anyone can offer a breakdown of the price and/or alternative ideas that would be great.
The entire stripe kit is $3063 without the roof. Add about another $500 for the roof stripe. Each section is sold individually and has individual prices and individual part numbers.

As another guy mentioned, Big Worm Graphics has the entire set for about $220.

jamesb1986

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Cheers for that,

So it looks like $250 for one side of the small section below the grill is correct for OEM stripes (like others have said this seems crazy expensive). I would rather stick with the OEM than replace the whole lot with the Big Worm ones, although if I damaged the hood or roof sections I may be tempted to take this option.

So mad about how this happened but hey, I am driving her and not wrapping her in cotton wool so I need to learn to expect things like this happen once in a while.

The entire stripe kit is $3063 without the roof. Add about another $500 for the roof stripe. Each section is sold individually and has individual prices and individual part numbers.

As another guy mentioned, Big Worm Graphics has the entire set for about $220.

Sponsored

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Replaced my OEM stripes with Big Worm narrow dual matte black with red pinstripe last year and couldn't be happier with the result.

Removing the old stripes is no biggy, just use a heat gun to heat up the stripe some and it will peel off easily.

What i found to be the tidious part was installing the red pinstripe along side the main matte black stripe, it takes time and patience but well worth it if you ask me.

Wasn't to crazy about the high gloss finish of the Ford sripes, it would swirl just looking at it and that didn't help my OCD disease.
Thx [MENTION=21788]Tank[/MENTION] :thumbsup:

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Same boat..I have a rock hit the front and the edges roll few times and it was $300 for that one piece

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Dayum. I had a rock chip in the front part of my bumper in the lower section above the splitter. Got like two chips in that thing now. $300? :frusty:

Lexluther

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350
I waited 1 month to get the rear bumper stripe around the license plate. None in stock Ford has it made when you order it. I picked up the car from the dealer on saturday so this is recent.

Good news is stripes are no longer Shelby exclusive and dealer can order as usual without providing VIN or proof ordering for a Shelby.

TruVudu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mach 1
When mine was delivered to the dealer, the stripes were damaged during the clean up process so I had a full set replaced under warranty.. $2100 for the full set + installation was the estimate.
Sponsored