Stripe regret?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
It was mentioned that you could have them painted on. If I was going to DD my car, I would probably opt for the paint. They vinyl doesn't seem that durable and can scratch easily it seems.

With that being said, my OW track pack has the blue vinyl stripes. I have no problem with them except the fact that (as another person stated) are very expensive to replace if you had to. When I took delivery of my track pack, there was a small defect on the rear bumper stripe that had to be replaced. Cost, yes cost, was $300 just for that small stripe area. Retail is around $600.

The avalanche grey R I ordered will have black stripes and a black painted roof. Simply put, I like the look of the stripes and $475 doesn't seem like a lot compared to if I had to buy them after market. You can always remove the stripes if you decided you don't like them. It was explained to me by the body shop that the vinyl will come right off with a little heat application.
Sponsored

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
The car is a blank canvas, you can get custom aftermarket stripes very reasonably and set it up the way that makes you feel great about your GT350. I didn't want to go OTT and down the back with the stripe when I added the black spoiler and rear window louvers. This hood stripe cost me $150 installed, and it was done in 1 hour from driving in the shop to driving out. But I had to supply the artwork and detail information.

Last edited:

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Always liked the clean look of no stripes.

Sponsored

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
I don't like both black roof and stripes. If it was me, I'd pick one or the other. And if I picked stripes, then I would also go aftermarket. Dual narrow white stripes on Grabber Blue is one of my all-time favorite looks.

Oh, and I also don't really get the other-color pin stripes on the outside borders. :confused:

Lots of race cars have all sorts of radical graphics, so go crazy if you want. Doesn't have to be roof, or stripes. You could put a partial angled wrap that goes up the sides and across the roof. Or whatever - use your imagination!

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Yes that is how much they cost if you order them from the factory.
After market is totally stupid.
I have a small stripe on my bumper that needs to be replaced (very small nick). That stripe (about 10" long) is over $600.00

With that said. I have a magnetic 350 with the blue stripe and love it....

:ford:
Post pictures man! Thats my color combo too. I saw the youtube GT350 delivery video from user Buddha Salesman, and I instantly knew that was the combo for me.

Wichard20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In search of a R
Not a fan of the stripes, especially since they are not painted. If they were painted on like the vipers I would consider it more.

pete613

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R
The GT350 looks about 1000x better WITHOUT the stripes. I wouldn't add the stripes for anything. Ford doesn't even off the stripes on the Red 'R' model because they didn't want to ruin it. As track-focused as the GT350 and R models R, the 'stripes' are about the only thing that are for looks and don't add any performance. Leave that to the ricers:

attachment.jpg
Only reason they don't offer it is because the R models have the red pin stripe, and obviously that would look weird on a red car. If they offered white stripes on the race red, I would have been all over that!

Sponsored

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
On my 2015 GT, I found my car at a dealer based on their on line inventory. Car was the only one in the area spec'd out the way I wanted it. When I showed up for the test drive, they pulled it around, and they had installed "dealer option" stripes and tint for $1,000. I was so pissed and they knew it. They ended up taking an extra $1,000 off the price so I would still buy the car.

3 months in, the roof stripe was peeling up, and they had to redo it.

13 months in, same stripe was peeling up again. Rather then me taking it back and having them redo it again, I said screw it, and pulled all the stripes off. The ones on the hood and bumper also had some rock nicks.

It was a pain in the ass to pull it off, but I am so happy I did. The car looks so much cleaner without it. And every mustang I see, especially v6's seem to have stripes on them.

My vote is no on the stripes.

Mustang Marcus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla 2016GT350 Magnetic Blue Stripe
Post pictures man! Thats my color combo too. I saw the youtube GT350 delivery video from user Buddha Salesman, and I instantly knew that was the combo for me.
Ok cool will do when I get home tonight.

OldDragon

Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 track pack
I don't think there is a right or wrong here. I like the color/stripe combo on my incoming car but to each there own! :cheers:

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Im a stripes guy. They add a flare imo...and in a good way. I dont care if they are painted or vinyl as long as they arent all scratched up. Love em! In fact, i wont even consider either of the reds because i want a factory stripe on the car.

Lurker_350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Tech
If you are considering stripes, I encourage you to pay the $475 option for the factory stripes. You can get aftermarket stripes (Big Worm Graphix), but they are not the same width as the factory ones.

In addition, if you want to add the OEM stripe kit later, get ready for a $4,000 bill - just for the stripes.

I think $475 up front is not that much to lose if you decide to remove them later, especially compared to the OEM stripe cost. I don't know how much the aftermarket stripes cost.
Sponsored