Raptor
No-Ragrets.jpg
Sponsored

MGD444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
For those who have removed stripes, how did you get it out from under the spoiler. I had trouble and it seems removing the spoiler is a PITA

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
GT350 (sold); 04 Cobra (sold)
For those who have removed stripes, how did you get it out from under the spoiler. I had trouble and it seems removing the spoiler is a PITA
I tried to get the stripes to detach from under the spoiler but it wasn't happening. If I'd been more patient (which I'm NOT) and used the hair dryer while pulling and stretching carefully at the spoiler they might have torn cleanly. I ended up having to remove the spoiler which was a HUGE PITA. If it hadn't been for my husband I don't think I could have taken if off. It required brute strength. The fishing line worked...sort of. We found what worked best was heating the spoiler with the hair dryer and loosening the adhesive on the ends with the fishing line and then just being able to get a hold of the spoiler to pull it up. Be sure to take a vallium before attempting this. :lol:

crazymayhem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB
Not sure yet... :shrug:

My stripes are straight, dont have any major scratches in em yet that bother me... however.. and its a big however.. I just recently noticed that my hood isnt completely straight... drivers side, up by the windshield, its about 1/4 inch - maybe 3/8 higher than the fender, towards the windshield. So fender & hood dont fully match up. As is my stripes are straight, but once the hood is corrected.. well my stripes to the bumper wont line up probably... Something I need to get looked at during my oil change.... :frusty: :frusty:

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
I have no regrets with getting the OTT black stripes. Its all a matter of personal preference.
Sponsored