Strange request from the Ford dealership

Ironhead_3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Heritage Edition
I purchased my GT350 HEP on 11/27. I traded in my 2013 SVT Raptor on the car. I had installed Roush air intake and exhaust on the truck, which I thought made it sound perfect. If you are at all familiar with Raptors from the SVT era, you know the factory exhaust is very tame. The first thing I did was let it breathe so I could hear that growl.

Fast forward to yesterday. I get a call from the dealership. He asks if I still have the factory muffler for the truck. Apparently the guy that bought it says it's too loud when he's driving and trying to talk on the phone. Now, this touches a couple pet peeves in me. First, get off the phone while you're driving. I don't care if it's hands free. Second, you bought a friggin Raptor and you want to quiet it down???

I'm sensing that someone is a bit of a bitch.

FYI, I may have still had that muffler in a pile in my back garage, but I didn't even go look. I just said I didn't have it. Man up. That truck sounds awesome.
Sponsored

TENTEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 350 GT R
Are you sure the dealer isnā€™t trying to sell it certified? They would need all the original parts to do so. Had an 2007 Chevy with aftermarket wheels. They ended putting in newer take offs to sell as certified since I didnā€™t have them.

Sponsored

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Well.. if you are just going to throw the stock exhaust away you may as well just give it to them instead of paying to take it to a dump or having a special trash pickup etc. You could tell him to come get it.

Last edited:

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Sorry but not everyone like loud exhaust. It also depend on the vehicle and vehicle usage
Some people ( Harley riders usually) believe that loud pipes save life, I donā€™t, I just find them obnoxious.
I donā€™t get it, you sold your truck, why are you trying to impose your own taste on the new owner?
Just give them the fricking muffler....

Last edited:

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2001 Ford Lightning, 1968 Ford Mustang
I purchased my GT350 HEP on 11/27. I traded in my 2013 SVT Raptor on the car. I had installed Roush air intake and exhaust on the truck, which I thought made it sound perfect. If you are at all familiar with Raptors from the SVT era, you know the factory exhaust is very tame. The first thing I did was let it breathe so I could hear that growl.

Fast forward to yesterday. I get a call from the dealership. He asks if I still have the factory muffler for the truck. Apparently the guy that bought it says it's too loud when he's driving and trying to talk on the phone. Now, this touches a couple pet peeves in me. First, get off the phone while you're driving. I don't care if it's hands free. Second, you bought a friggin Raptor and you want to quiet it down???

I'm sensing that someone is a bit of a bitch.

FYI, I may have still had that muffler in a pile in my back garage, but I didn't even go look. I just said I didn't have it. Man up. That truck sounds awesome.
Guess I'm a bitch. If I'm driving a rig a lot I prefer stock exhaust.

Sponsored

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2001 Ford Lightning, 1968 Ford Mustang
Dang.....First Gen Raptor should have gone to an enthusiast, not to a, well fill in the blank.
Hear me out... I know this is crazy, but a person can be a car enthusiast and like rigs stock. Wild, I know.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Actually the guy may even trade you the aftermarket exhaust for the stock exhaust and you can sell the aftermarket for more money.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Iā€™d chalk it up to doing some good karma. Take the dealer at there word and there request. Give the new owner some slack, he did after-all buy a cool truck.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
The guy liked and bought the truck with the aftermarket exhaust, it probably helped sell the truck. Heck, Iā€™m sure the dealership asked a premium because of it.
Now reality sets in and heā€™s complaining because he canā€™t talk on the phone, boo hoo. That ā€œisā€ the reason the dealership gave the OP. As a matter of fact, it was the only reason.
I appreciate we have different opinions but one thing we all need to agree on is talking on the phone while driving is never a good idea regardless of any hands free devise, itā€™s a distraction, period. Sure weā€™ve all done it and overwhelmingly havenā€™t had a wreck because of it. Doesnā€™t mean itā€™s a good idea.
Sponsored