460Fred

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
I'm done with my Ford dealer. Strike one was an old change gone wrong. Strike two was finding a bungie cord dragging underneath the car after they put new front pads in. Strike 3 was me removing the front driver side tire and finding the another bungie cord.....

If anyone has a good Ford dealer and service department in Northern IL, pass them my way.
Great idea!
Maybe someone who knows how to do a sticky list, if that’s the right phrase, can start a recommenced dealership in their area for a good service department.
10+ Million people in Los Angeles County and Galpin Ford is the only certified performance dealership from what I’ve been told. Why they are so far and few between is crazy.
Sponsored

fpGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Dodge Viper RT10, 09 Mercedes AMG C63, 18 Shelby GT350
Here in Tucson, our Ford dealer is Jim Click. Jim is a long-time friend who was and still is an avid Ford road-racer and displays his vintage GT350 race car in his showroom. He personally caters to the GT350 customer and, so does his service department.
IMG_1421.jpg
IMG_1422.jpg
IMG_1424.jpg

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 18 10speed auto PP1 , GT500 '21
Walnut creek. Nor Cal.
The best.
Period.
If you are in norcal that ks the place to go

OP
OP
460Fred

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
I’m going to make a list of these dealerships and transfer to my phone, will come in handy while traveling.

Socalrugger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H4111
I've had no issues at Galpin over the last 10 years getting cars there, or servicing there.
ditto, although I bought mine at Galpin, I get it serviced South Bay Ford on Rosecrans..... still no issues

Sponsored

anacar312

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
HEP R Chassis LR268
How would one find out if a dealership was a certified performance dealer... or more importantly service center? I don’t want to just assume the closest ford dealer is the best place for service.

I have R HEP on order... reside in SE Wisconsin and I’ll want her to have the best possible service.

Thank you in advance for any advice, recommendations.

lonegunman

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
There is no such thing as a good Ford Dealer in my region, especially if you own a GT350. Maybe someone else has had a better experience, not mine thus far and I've owned Ford's for most of my life.

The only thing better than an overpriced GT350 oil change from the dealer with a collection of dirty oil hand prints all over my car is driving my F-150 out of the dealership with the skid plate dragging on the ground because they didn't reinstall it after the oil change.

Last edited:

Point45

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
josh
Vehicle(s)
19 gt350, 05 tacoma, 10 Ducati 1098SF
How would one find out if a dealership was a certified performance dealer... or more importantly service center? I don’t want to just assume the closest ford dealer is the best place for service.

I have R HEP on order... reside in SE Wisconsin and I’ll want her to have the best possible service.

If i search for a dealer around me in myford I can select svt in the filter. I dont know what standars ford holds an svt dealer to but its supposed to mean they are trained to sell/service svt cars

anacar312

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
HEP R Chassis LR268
There is no such thing as a good Ford Dealer in my region, especially if you own a GT350. Maybe someone else has had a better experience, not mine thus far and I've owned Ford's for most of my life.

The only thing better than an overpriced GT350 oil change from the dealer with a collection of dirty oil hand prints all over my car is driving my F-150 out of the dealership with the skid plate dragging on the ground because they didn't reinstall it after the oil change.
Come for the info, stay for the wit and comedy! Thank you sir!

Sponsored

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R

Would like to know this as well.

nimblepony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Love my dealership here in Iowa. Always had a good relationship with them, and they remain a nice place to go, even just to hang out and say hello. They are a model dealership, meaning they were built to be the model for other new dealerships in terms of architecture. Marble floors, high ceilings, very spacious. They have big screen TVs in waiting areas, free soda fountain with several varieties, free bottled water, free coffee, and free specialty brews. They have a billiards table in the bathroom. I'm not even joking! Big screen in there, too, and TVs in every stall.

The whole place is clean, friendly, no pressure. Salespeople do not make commission, its low pressure there. I count the head of their performance department a friend. And, they are a certified Roush dealership just to add a cherry on top.

OP
OP
460Fred

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
If i search for a dealer around me in myford I can select svt in the filter. I dont know what standars ford holds an svt dealer to but its supposed to mean they are trained to sell/service svt cars
Can you please walk us thru that? I’m having trouble doing what you described.

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 18 10speed auto PP1 , GT500 '21
They know how to service the Shelbys? Or do they use the normal lube techs that are great at destroying engines?
They do a great job.
Andnthey do what you want.
They also know my track activities amd fully support it.
This counts more than thousands words.

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
They do a great job.
Andnthey do what you want.
They also know my track activities amd fully support it.
This counts more than thousands words.
Honestly any dealership that won't break the car if I were to take it in for routine maintenance is good enough for me lol. The bar is not very high for me.
Sponsored

Last edited: