Sponsored

strange noise from passenger front wheel when turning left

tldukestang

tldukestang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I have a 2016 Tech Pack and within the last few days have noticed a strange noise from the passenger front wheel when turning sharply left at a decent speed. It's not debris caught between the caliper and the wheel and wondering if anyone has had a similar issue? I have about 10K miles and have tracked 3 times. It doesn't sound like tire contact and I checked for obvious restrictions.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Sponsored

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
Is it a ticking type sound? Changes speed as you go faster or slower? Take your wheels off, then re-mount them and make sure it's torqued to 150lb/ft.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
If you want to diagnose it yourself, you want to get the car off the ground and mess around with the wheel looking for the issue. You are most likely looking for something that moves around or is too loose.

It could be a wheel bearing - look for play in the hub.
Loose brake pad.
Wheel itself (mounted incorrectly).
Caliper.

Those seem the most likely to me.

Or you could just go to the dealer and see if they can figure it out.

Edit: sometimes the direction/location of sounds can be deceptive. Don't completely lock in on the one wheel if you can't find anything wrong there.

Changes in the sound can help diagnose where it's coming from (brake issues will change when you touch the brakes, etc.).

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Not the first time I've seen it mentioned on the forum, and every once and awhile I hear it on my car too.

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Not the first time I've seen it mentioned on the forum, and every once and awhile I hear it on my car too.
Likewise, I am not sure what it is. I heard some strange noise turning into a multi-storey carpark where you hear everything with the windows dows... Took the wheel off, everything is torqued, re-torqued the wheel... I thought I fixed it, but then I heard it again.

482supersnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
2016 tech pack owner here. Same issue. My car has Stainless Works headers and others have suggested that it is from week motor mounts causing the motor to shift and getting a vibration / rubbing when turning.

ldp82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350, Genesis 5.0 & 996 cab
For people who hear a sound. Is it like some one rolling an empty beer can between there hands (crinkling it)?

Sponsored

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
For people who hear a sound. Is it like some one rolling an empty beer can between there hands (crinkling it)?
I'll have to find an empty can and try to see. Does it have to be a beer can or would any other beverage simulate it also?

ldp82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350, Genesis 5.0 & 996 cab
I'll have to find an empty can and try to see. Does it have to be a beer can or would any other beverage simulate it also?

Has to be beer, jack's abby works best. Kidding aside, any can should do it. :D

My car has made this sound (crinkling or fluttery) randomly in short burst and recently stopped altogether. usually while turning and from the front passengers side.

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I wonder if it's the brake rotor pins. Which is normal.
I've heard the video of the movement of the rotor pins during cool down, and the sound I've heard sometimes is different. I think mine sounded more like when you put wider wheels and tires on the front and on full lock you hear the tire scrape the plastic wheel liner. I'm not saying that's what it is, just what I remember it sounding like to compare.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I've heard the video of the movement of the rotor pins during cool down, and the sound I've heard sometimes is different. I think mine sounded more like when you put wider wheels and tires on the front and on full lock you hear the tire scrape the plastic wheel liner. I'm not saying that's what it is, just what I remember it sounding like to compare.
Yeah mine sound like clicks. Almost as if like there's a plastic bar code label flapping against the wheel spokes.
Sponsored