Sponsored

Strange request from the Ford dealership

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
You know what? I bought my GT350, new, last summer.
Within a week or so I was looking over the engine bay and put some corrosion protection on the battery. I discovered the tabs that hold the battery cover in place were missing. I was just going to run down and buy some tabs but decided to call my salesman. Two conversations and I was asked to pay for them.....seriously!
Iā€˜ve had my fill of car salesman although I work with dealership management almost daily.
There is a reason car salesman have a bad rap!
Had the same thing when had my 2017 new and took it back to dealership and showed service guy the twist plugs that hold battery cover had two missing and he said no problem. He had parts order me new ones and I put them on myself.
Sponsored

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
Had the same thing when had my 2017 new and took it back to dealership and showed service guy the twist plugs that hold battery cover had two missing and he said no problem. He had parts order me new ones and I put them on myself.
Dealership I bought from is 125miles away.
It was a holdover ā€˜19 so Iā€™m sure the battery got a boost or two.
I just figured the dealership needed the money more than me, I mean there cost is around $4.00.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Why is that his responsibility. He sold it. He should not have to deal with anything after the fact. I
Hello; No it is not the sellers responsibility. Not sure any are saying or implying such. It would simply be a reasonable thing to do if the stock exhaust is just laying around. No he does not have to play nice.
I looked to buy a 2006 Pontiac GTO a few years ago. The owner was a welder and had made up an exhaust himself. It was loud but not the good sort of loud. When I found he had discarded the stock exhaust I walked.
Either man up with a Raptor sounding the way it's supposed to sound
Hello; Interesting. I would have figured the way the Raptor came stock is the way it is "supposed" to sound. I will also grant the the new owner did not do his due diligence before buying the car.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
This reminds me of the dealership I traded my 350 to last year. Their make ready man must have chunked the socket for the wheel locks as I'd left it in the glove box. Damn'd if the salesman gives my personal phone number to the buyer. Buyer calls me asking for the socket. WTF ? Needless to say, I gave the dealership owner flack. Worse, they didn't do squat to the salesman. The new Explorer ST and Mustang I bought last month came from a different dealership.

Sponsored

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
Yeah fuck that guy, and fuck that dealership. If I had it, I would charge them retail to buy it off me.
What is more interesting that OP even picked up the phone.

After the deal was done and I signed all of the dotted lines, I would have gone straight into ghost mode.

Would have just let it gone straight to voicemail. Invasion of privacy and unprofessional to let the customer call you imo. Trade in a car and then in a few days the customer is calling me? Lol no thanks, not my problem.

Last edited:

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
Possible he never saved the number. Because of work, I answer every number (vendors, clients, etc). I get so many "We are calling about your vehicle's extended warranty" calls...
Damn that sucks, I would try to get an alternate phone if I needed my phone for work.

Im a little paranoid and I never answer my phone unless I know who it is. If I don't know who it is I just let it go to voicemail, and call back if necessary.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Talk about interpreting the OPā€™s original post to fit your agenda. Where exactly did he state the dealership in question were a bunch of unethical dbagā€™s? No need to answer, your opinion of all dealers is inclusive and from your post itā€™s obvious your opinion will not be changed. Iā€™ve dealt with some bad dealers, also dealt with some very good ones. Iā€™m a business owner as well, and if Iā€™m not treated with the respect any paying customer deserves I simply move on to another. A paying customer with a chip on there shoulder doesnā€™t get a pass either.

An "entity" that is purely motivated by profit and gain. Just look at all the "dealer experience" threads. Shit, 10 minutes ago I read about a dealership charging a new buyer for battery clips that were MISSING at sale. Dealerships are not your friend. Many of them don't even behave with a shred of decency until they get blasted in the media. They wouldn't hesitate to screw a customer over because of a line in the contract. As a result, they deserve the same in kind.
Add the fxckn spam vehicle warranty calls have been very bad lately. I to answer all calls.

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
I remember selling a motorbike many, many, years ago (VFR 400, awesome small bike if you're a light guy. Vroom vroom). Then when spring cleaning some months later, I found an extra fuel tank I'd forgotten about (mint condition on the outside, but it had a rust problem inside that always ended up clogging the carburetors after a month or so, with the subsequent cleaning required. At that time I was never able to figure out how remove the rust completely so it didn't come back, so bought another tank and did not use this one. Thought I'd look into it again later when I had better time and could be without bike for longer, but never happened). Also found some other parts and a thick owner's manual and service manual I had got printed out and bound in nicely. Dropped it all of with the guy who had my VFR 400 now.

Years later in another country I bought a second hand Honda fireblade in the autumn. Next spring, original owner contacted me and said he found an old Haynes manual and some extra blinkers for the bike. Did I want to stop by and pick it up some day? Is that what they call karma?

Don't get why the op answered anything but "let me have a look."

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Hello; Interesting. I would have figured the way the Raptor came stock is the way it is "supposed" to sound. I will also grant the the new owner did not do his due diligence before buying the car.
This stock exhaust note is quiet for such a beastly truck. It should be aggressive, in my opinion.
My truck has an aggressive tone after I swapped out the muffler. It is OBNOXIOUSLY loud in the cold mornings when doing a cold start with the remote start. :)

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Don't get why the op answered anything but "let me have a look."
Agree. When someone asks for help, why not do it? If it's a relatively easy thing to do especially.

When I sold my GT350 I got a few texts from the new owner. It only took me a few minutes to give him the information he wanted. Why not? This guy likes the same vehicle that I did. We at least have that in common.

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
I purchased my GT350 HEP on 11/27. I traded in my 2013 SVT Raptor on the car. I had installed Roush air intake and exhaust on the truck, which I thought made it sound perfect. If you are at all familiar with Raptors from the SVT era, you know the factory exhaust is very tame. The first thing I did was let it breathe so I could hear that growl.

Fast forward to yesterday. I get a call from the dealership. He asks if I still have the factory muffler for the truck. Apparently the guy that bought it says it's too loud when he's driving and trying to talk on the phone. Now, this touches a couple pet peeves in me. First, get off the phone while you're driving. I don't care if it's hands free. Second, you bought a friggin Raptor and you want to quiet it down???

I'm sensing that someone is a bit of a bitch.

FYI, I may have still had that muffler in a pile in my back garage, but I didn't even go look. I just said I didn't have it. Man up. That truck sounds awesome.
if heā€™s crying about a 49 state legal exhaust heā€™s not a man lmfao

Deleted member 35644

Not all test drives illustrate all the conditions you experience when you live with a car. Where I live, it's virtually impossible to cruise at 80mph anywhere within 20 miles of a dealer, but most of my cars spend a fair bit of time cruising at 80mph in my regular use. If an exhaust had a massive drone or resonance at that speed, I probably wouldn't know until after I owned it long enough to take a trip. It's not particularly useful to assume that someone is an idiot because their experience differs from yours. Or maybe he really liked the exhaust for a test drive, but found it tiring after a few hours at a stretch. Who cares why? The OP is being petty by wasting a useful exhaust and wasting space in his garage just to spite the guy who eventually bought his truck. Sounds more like seller's remorse than buyer's remorse from where I sit. But hey, that's just my read. Lots of guys retrospectively justifying their preferences in this thread, seems like some insecurity issues on display.
Not quite sure how you arrived at "insecurity" when someone is taken aback that the new owner of his truck is having buyer's remorse and is expecting the dealership & previous owner to step forward to fix something he should've realized before purchase. You get what you deserve if you don't take a used vehicle on a comprehensive test drive. Does the location of the dealership really matter here? A test drive needs to include a few highway miles, so you do what you have to do to make it happen. If it's a 20 miles trek to the interstate, get on the road. Sounds like laziness and impulse purchasing got the better of someone. This doesn't make the OP insecure...it makes his truck's new owner a dipshit.

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
I also believe that you should help them if you can, and if it does not cost you .... Why not?

Remember, not everyone is the same... one man's trash is another man's treasure :)

03reptile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Read all the responses. They seem indicative of the problems we have interacting and communicating now days, and how we all sometimes judge a situation without having all the facts and circumstances. Just saying it's easier to be helpful to others then to do otherwise.
Sponsored