Steeda, this can’t be normal

GrayS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I just installed these two… Does the vibration go down after driving for a while? That’s unbearable! My legs, my butt, my pedal, my shifter, and my mirrors are all vibrating a lot more.

There is so much vibration everywhere.
Did install it wrong? Is the majority of the vibration coming from the shifter backer or the trans mount? I torqued down to spec (trans mount)

It starts vibrating around 2k RPM

https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-mustang-shifter-base-bushing-bracket-kit-2015-all-555-7092.html

https://www.steeda.com/steeda-mt-82-transmission-mount-bushing-insert-2011-2015-555-4037.html

UPDATE:
So it looks like the majority of the vibration is coming from the trans bushing. Did I tighten it too hard? Is the transmission not level? The shifting is smooth still, but the vibration is insane! Every plastic piece is vibrating. (Watch video)

Sponsored

Last edited:

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
Does the vibration go down after driving for a while?
I installed the exact same setup before switching to the Full Tilt Boogie shifter bracket. Both combination vibrate a bit over stock but then again I’m old school and like the slight added vibration.
There is a chance you didn’t get the rear trans crossmember in the right location. The 4 mounting holes are oversized and allow for a bunch of left to right adjustment.

atomicpunk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
I don't have any vibrations at all with the same parts installed. I do still have issues with 2-3 shift at high RPM's.

OP
OP
GrayS550

GrayS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I don't have any vibrations at all with the same parts installed. I do still have issues with 2-3 shift at high RPM's.
Interesting 🤔 I’ll have to look at it again. Thanks for letting me know.

I don’t know if it matters or not, but I put the shifter bracket on while the car was in 1st gear. Is it supposed to be in neutral or doesn’t matter if it’s in gear?

demon67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 Mustang Coupe / 21 GT Premium 6MT
I have also installed both parts. No noticeable extra noise or vibration for me.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Take the front insert out for starters. But something is surely amiss.

Coosawjack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Convertible
I put a White Line Tran Mount Bushing in my 2014 car and removed it the same day.......vibration and noise were terrible......sounded like straight cut trans gears.......UGH!!

I put a shifter mount bushing in my 2022 car recently and got a much better shifter feel with no additional noise or vibration!!

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I would un install and reinstall again.

Yes tranny mount does increase NVH.

Yes, MT82’s vary greatly. Both of mine were/are very whiney. My current one sounds like it has straight cut gears. That’s just how it is when a unit is produced at the scale it is across multiple continents.

If you can’t tolerate NVH I probably wouldn’t mod any car

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I got quite a bit a vibration when I swapped in my trans mount (different company) and it got a little better over time but still very noticeable, but does not at all seem as bad as yours is, something must not be quite right because that does seem a little excessive.

GR8 V8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
‘15 GT Ruby Red
Most like tranny mount. I installed both of the parts you listed. Terrible vibration and noise at 2k rpm. I removed tranny bushing and problem solved. No issue with rear shifter bracket/bushing.

Sponsored

Coosawjack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Convertible
Most like tranny mount. I installed both of the parts you listed. Terrible vibration and noise at 2k rpm. I removed tranny bushing and problem solved. No issue with rear shifter bracket/bushing.

Same here GR8 V8.......the trans bushing was my culprit.........totally quiet when removed!! :like:

OP
OP
GrayS550

GrayS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
If you can’t tolerate NVH I probably wouldn’t mod any car
I have a few mods already installed. Not too much NVH. But this bushing feels like I installed something wrong. It went from basic vibration, to everything is vibrating.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I have a few mods already installed. Not too much NVH. But this bushing feels like I installed something wrong. It went from basic vibration, to everything is vibrating.
Assuming you torqued everything correctly, your MT82 might just be looser than most and the stiffer mount reveals it more.

17MagMetal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT, 07 Ford Taurus SE, 95 F250 Xlt
Can the carbon overlays be removed from the radio/head unit area? I’m wondering if that would solve a lot of the vibration noise. Also to check - if you removed any interior panels, check for fasteners/clips not functioning perfectly.

Anything removing dampening from the rotating assembly to the car is going to add some real race car feels to it. Motor mounts, trans mounts, diff mounts, etc. It’s largely why i’ve stayed away so far.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I have the whiteline front trans insert, the Steeda shifter rear mount and mine sounds nothing whatsoever like the video. There is basically no vibration felt even below 5000 rpm. Above, the trans growl is significantly louder than stock but it's not unpleasant.

Something is wrong with that install.
Sponsored