Sponsored

Steeda roll correction without bumpsteer kit

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
To make a long story short, I took my car in to a shop (due to being away from home for work) to get shocks/struts, springs and the Steeda roll center correction arms and bump steer kit installed. After a week (to do a 2 day job) I finally get the car back. I was a little skeptical as I normally am with shops, so I checked everything out when home. Come to find they installed the new control arm in front but did not install the bump steer tie-rod end! Gonna have to go back tomorrow and get the parts (and two of my springs they removed). At any rate, is the car going to be ok to drive until I get home in this current condition? I am in Florida and will be driving back to WV in 2 weeks. Worse case scenario I buy some tools and a jack and swap them myself, then get ANOTHER alignment. If it is not going to hurt anything I will just take them home with me and install when back. I know everyone says to do both at same time, but unfortunately I am kind of in a bind.

Thoughts?

Thanks guys
Sponsored

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
To make a long story short, I took my car in to a shop (due to being away from home for work) to get shocks/struts, springs and the Steeda roll center correction arms and bump steer kit installed. After a week (to do a 2 day job) I finally get the car back. I was a little skeptical as I normally am with shops, so I checked everything out when home. Come to find they installed the new control arm in front but did not install the bump steer tie-rod end! Gonna have to go back tomorrow and get the parts (and two of my springs they removed). At any rate, is the car going to be ok to drive until I get home in this current condition? I am in Florida and will be driving back to WV in 2 weeks. Worse case scenario I buy some tools and a jack and swap them myself, then get ANOTHER alignment. If it is not going to hurt anything I will just take them home with me and install when back. I know everyone says to do both at same time, but unfortunately I am kind of in a bind.

Thoughts?

Thanks guys
Which part of Florida are you in? Steeda Valdosta can check it out to make sure the install is properly done.Plus,Install the bumpsteer kit at a minimal charge
Steeda Tech

OP
OP
Nuked

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Which part of Florida are you in? Steeda Valdosta can check it out to make sure the install is properly done.Plus,Install the bumpsteer kit at a minimal charge
Steeda Tech
I'm over on the other coast or I would have went to you to begin with ;-)

Do you see any issues running as is until I get back home? Mainly tire wear, stability...

Thanks

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
I'm over on the other coast or I would have went to you to begin with ;-)

Do you see any issues running as is until I get back home? Mainly tire wear, stability...

Thanks
As long as the alignment and camber are correct you should be fine. Do you have the alignment print out?
Steeda Valdosta is on the way to WV.
Steeda Tech

OP
OP
Nuked

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You'll just notice that it has a lot of bumpsteer. OK to drive for short time. I would ask that they comp the alignment since you asked them to install those parts and they didn't.
Ok, thanks Brian. Not planning on anything crazy, just put around town the next week or so then long interstate trip back home. I drove down on SP080 with blown shocks and stock arms so I kind of figured it would be ok, just not ideal.

I am going to go up to the shop tomorrow to retrieve my missing items. Whole thing has been a fiasco. Quoted a 2 day job, one to install and a day to align (being generous). Turned into literally a week and a day. I don't have much hope they will "make it right", sadly that doesn't seem to happen much in this day and age. Throw in the fact I am from out of town, they know I won't be a repeat customer. I hate going to shops that I don't have history with for these very reasons.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Nuked

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
As long as the alignment and camber are correct you should be fine. Do you have the alignment print out?
Steeda Valdosta is on the way to WV.
Steeda Tech
Conveniently they forgot it. (shop that did install took to other shop for alignment). They are supposed to email it to me in the morning. That's the other thing, supposedly it was aligned Wednesday but the install shop said it was pulling to the right so he took it back this morning. When I called this afternoon they said they were having "issues with the Hunter which was brand new and Hunter sent a tech out to re-calibrate and do the alignment". SMDH

I will be going up I-95 due to a stop I have to make near Charleston, SC. I do appreciate the offer though and if something changes or I can adjust my schedule I will contact you for sure.

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Conveniently they forgot it. (shop that did install took to other shop for alignment). They are supposed to email it to me in the morning. That's the other thing, supposedly it was aligned Wednesday but the install shop said it was pulling to the right so he took it back this morning. When I called this afternoon they said they were having "issues with the Hunter which was brand new and Hunter sent a tech out to re-calibrate and do the alignment". SMDH

I will be going up I-95 due to a stop I have to make near Charleston, SC. I do appreciate the offer though and if something changes or I can adjust my schedule I will contact you for sure.
Ok, safe travels.
Steeda Tech

AlbertD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
So I installed the roll center correction without the bumpsteer kit and have been daily driving it this way for over a year now with a LOT of track time. The car feels just fine and I didn't notice an unacceptable amount of bumpsteer.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't notice anything amiss either (about 2000 miles) before rectifying the oversight.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
When I called this afternoon they said they were having "issues with the Hunter which was brand new and Hunter sent a tech out to re-calibrate and do the alignment".
lol

new alignment machine and they can’t figure out how to use it.

Sponsored

thornclaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
has anyone tried installing these on a non lowered mustang? on the face of it it should raise the roll center thereby decreasing body roll but without adding any stiffness to the suspension.
sounds like a win-win.

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold
has anyone tried installing these on a non lowered mustang? on the face of it it should raise the roll center thereby decreasing body roll but without adding any stiffness to the suspension.
sounds like a win-win.
Too high a roll center causes excessive jacking and excessive camber gain in pitch.
Sponsored