Sponsored

Steeda S550 Mustang Front Roll Center & Bumpsteer Correction Kit (15-19 All)

SlowStangGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Steeda camber plates.. they don't have caster adjustment
Bearing or stiffer bushing tension link? I'm trying to figure out where all that caster is coming from 🤔
Sponsored

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red

DeepImpact89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 2016 Mustang GT
For guys that are running front roll center and bumpsteer correction kit while running an aggressive wheel/tire setup, do you encounter any rubbing at full steering lock? I am currently running 19x10 40mm off set wheels with 275/40 tires all around and i am concerned about this.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
For guys that are running front roll center and bumpsteer correction kit while running an aggressive wheel/tire setup, do you encounter any rubbing at full steering lock? I am currently running 19x10 40mm off set wheels with 275/40 tires all around and i am concerned about this.
Not sure about with rubbing with stock camber. Rubbing isn't bad with 3+ degrees and 295/35 tires, but I do sometimes rub a little on the inside fender liner. That's just sacrificial plastic tho.

SlowStangGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Yes, I have the steeda steering limiters installed (just one shim on each side) and it's fixed that issue

Sponsored

DeepImpact89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 2016 Mustang GT
Yes, I have the steeda steering limiters installed (just one shim on each side) and it's fixed that issue
Did you encounter any drivability issue with these installed, like going into parking spaces and drive ways?

baazooka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6MT
Lateral arms:

Base (non-pp) cars have a bushing on the inner point, GT PP and GT350 have bearings on the inner point
GT350 have taller and different ball joint seat angle at the outer point
Steeda extended ball joint lateral arms have the same as GT PP inner point, and offer similar geometry to the GT350/correction from lowering - these you want

Tension arms:

All S550s have bushings at the inner point stock
Steeda and others offer bearings for that inner point, as well as versions of these arms w/ bearings installed - these you want, while Steeda also offers a version with a stiffer bushing than OEM

Supposedly this kit has both based on the description:
https://www.steeda.com/Steeda-S550-...nsion-Links-w-Bearings-2015-2019_p_14093.html
Steeda would need to confirm. You'll also really want a bumpsteer kit to go with those lateral arms.
Apologies for digging up old thread,

Is steeda the only company that sells a roll center/bump steer kit? Out of all the mustang aftermarket companies, nobody else seems to make what seems to be a very important modification. (Practically every spring out there lowers at least 0.5")

At the moment the price tag+ cost of alignment just cant be justified atm with a daily which never gets tracked. Looking to improve numb steering feel/ tipping sensation when changing direction.

Currently running SP083/FP struts/CB005. BMR had told me that any drop over 1" really starts to mess with geometry and that roll correction was not necessary (perhaps a sales pitch). Even at 7/8" drop in the front, its only 3/8" lower than the 1/2" benchmark from steeda. I wonder how much of what I am feeling is a product of non-pp base sway bars, 235/50/18 tires, and other compliance areas.

I see a couple options: one being the steeda kit at $450 plus alignment probably $550, two being a front bar upgrade and the pp1 chassis braces for $300-400. Hard to understand why a kit that is basically 2 tie rod ends and 2 links is 450 bucks.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Apologies for digging up old thread,

Is steeda the only company that sells a roll center/bump steer kit? Out of all the mustang aftermarket companies, nobody else seems to make what seems to be a very important modification. (Practically every spring out there lowers at least 0.5")

At the moment the price tag+ cost of alignment just cant be justified atm with a daily which never gets tracked. Looking to improve numb steering feel/ tipping sensation when changing direction.

Currently running SP083/FP struts/CB005. BMR had told me that any drop over 1" really starts to mess with geometry and that roll correction was not necessary (perhaps a sales pitch). Even at 7/8" drop in the front, its only 3/8" lower than the 1/2" benchmark from steeda. I wonder how much of what I am feeling is a product of non-pp base sway bars, 235/50/18 tires, and other compliance areas.

I see a couple options: one being the steeda kit at $450 plus alignment probably $550, two being a front bar upgrade and the pp1 chassis braces for $300-400. Hard to understand why a kit that is basically 2 tie rod ends and 2 links is 450 bucks.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!
I’ll tell you this…The steeda RCC kit is the lowest price out of what’s available. There are only two other options that I know of and they don’t include the tie rods.

SPL parts:

https://www.splparts.com/products/s550-mustang-front-tension-rods.html

Mike Maier Inc

https://mikemaierinc.com/products/2.../2015-mustang-mod-tubular-front-lateral-link/

SPL and MMI have bearings on both sides

baazooka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6MT
I’ll tell you this…The steeda RCC kit is the lowest price out of what’s available. There are only two other options that I know of and they don’t include the tie rods.

SPL parts:

Mike Maier Inc

https://mikemaierinc.com/products/2.../2015-mustang-mod-tubular-front-lateral-link/

Thanks, I would almost rather find a 250lb/in spring with only 0.5" drop for the front

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Thanks, I would almost rather find a 250lb/in spring with only 0.5" drop for the front
I’m pretty sure BMR SP083 are the highest rate you can get for our cars before going coilovers. I think if you really want to improve the feeling you can start by getting different tires. 50 is pretty tall sidewall. Also I would put a bearing in the front control arm. It’s quick to do and not too costly. Those are the two quick things that can be done. Others may have different inputs.

Sponsored

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1

SPL parts:

Mike Maier Inc

UPR has bearings too, but you'd still need the rod with extended ball joint

baazooka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6MT
UPR has bearings too, but you'd still need the rod with extended ball joint
Are you referring to this bearing ? (Red arrow) Also I've read on here that just doing the Rod without the bump steer kit can cause issues. Appreciate the insight

2015_ford_mustang-gt_det_lt_5271520_717.jpg

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
Are you referring to this bearing ? (Red arrow) Also I've read on here that just doing the Rod without the bump steer kit can cause issues. Appreciate the insight

2015_ford_mustang-gt_det_lt_5271520_717.jpg
Yes bearings for both rods.

I am not sure what issues would be to have the rods without bumpsteer kit, unless the angle of the lower rod is really crazy with the extended ball joint.

I have NOT done this work on mine yet, so I cannot comment beyond that.

baazooka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6MT
Yes bearings for both rods.

I am not sure what issues would be to have the rods without bumpsteer kit, unless the angle of the lower rod is really crazy with the extended ball joint.

I have NOT done this work on mine yet, so I cannot comment beyond that.
Ah I see, at that point its the same cost as doing the RCC kit

Tuxedomouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Grabber Blue Premium PP
I did Factory GT350 front springs and GT350 roll bar with all the steeda bearings and extended ball joint/bumpsteer kit up front. Love the ride and turn in is sublimely neutral
Sponsored