Sponsored

DO I need lateral link & Bumpsteer Correction Kit

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Do you really need the fancy Tension & Lateral links and Bumpsteer kit if the car is lowered only an inch? (1.1" with Adjustables)

Tension & Lateral links with Increased ball stud height & the Fancy Tie Rod ends?
Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Do you need it? If you have to ask, then no.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Need is relative to what you do with the car.

OP
OP
Wolvee

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Thanks for the help guys.

I do Autocross but I'm not so experienced that I can tune in a suspension just by putting my ear to the tack. It feels like my alignment is out of wack again after putting it back together this last time so before I take it in, I thought I'd read a couple threads on these Kits that are offered. That was a rabbit hole. Now I'm not sure if I should throw everything at the front end or not. Next year I'm going hard and heavy at as many autocross events and my tires can handle.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

I do Autocross but I'm not so experienced that I can tune in a suspension just by putting my ear to the tack. It feels like my alignment is out of wack again after putting it back together this last time so before I take it in, I thought I'd read a couple threads on these Kits that are offered. That was a rabbit hole. Now I'm not sure if I should throw everything at the front end or not. Next year I'm going hard and heavy at as many autocross events and my tires can handle.
What springs do you have? At your drops I'd certainly recommend the correction kit. I'd also recommend bringing the rear up about 0.25-0.5" to get that geometry improved.

OP
OP
Wolvee

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Steeda Progressive 1.1'F w/ 1"R

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
What springs do you have? At your drops I'd certainly recommend the correction kit. I'd also recommend bringing the rear up about 0.25-0.5" to get that geometry improved.
I think when Ford has offered slightly lower ride heights for their cornering-oriented Mustangs, it's never been by more than about 20 mm. Seems like as good a guideline as any.

Norm

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Steeda Progressive 1.1'F w/ 1"R
What dampers do you have? Since you're lowered you're already out of FS class, and into CAMC. The progressives are a nice street spring but not ideal for an autocross or even dual purpose car. Regardless, you should have a better damper set than stock, something like the steeda or Koni adjustables or Ford Performance Track dampers. Ideally you want the car around a 0.5 to 0.75" drop with slightly more front if you have a small rake. This is the nice sweet spot where the geometry is still in the good range but you get the benefits of a lower cg and some free static camber (you still need more in the front though). If you want to talk suspension details I'd be happy to, and I can share with you what I've learned the past few years.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT

I wouldn't worry about it too much. With a little bit of work and the knowledge of the guys around here, you'll get it dialed in good! The balance should be easy enough to dial in with bars, shock settings and alignment settings. A lot of knowledge on this forum that I've used to my advantage to make my car handle great.
Sponsored