Sponsored

Steeda Jacking rails dilemma

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
The beefcake rails are angled so they are parallel to the ground when installed. I’d look at another set of jack stands if your current ones aren’t secure. Or you could remove the rails and sell them.
Any pic of these rails installed? So they are triangular?
Sponsored

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
I get it now. You're trying to put the jack stands on the jacking rails themselves. Why?

I simply jack my car up using the jacking rails, then place the jack stands (the normal type your referenced, no adapter or anything else needed) on the jacking points.
Fair enough. But I guess the OP is coming from the perspective of how Steeda seems to intend for them to be used ie stands under the jacking rails.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Any pic of these rails installed? So they are triangular?
No, they’re not triangular. Crossectionally, they’re a box/square.

I’m not exactly sure what problem the OP is having as I too, have used both BMR and Steeda rails with similar Jack stands as pictured without issue.

This is confusing.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
I have the exact same setup as OP. I use HF stands, and they have the deep U. (Some models were flatter.) But I also use their special rubber pads on top. I used a marker to draw a line where each lip at the end of the top is located. This helps me to position the stand laterally so that it aligns like the After photo in OP's post.

20210619_095421.jpg

OP
OP
AnthonyA1234

AnthonyA1234

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 1992 Mustang GT
Fair enough. But I guess the OP is coming from the perspective of how Steeda seems to intend for them to be used ie stands under the jacking rails.
Exactly, I figured the rails where used for both jacking, and putting the stands so I was confused. But sure I’ll just put the stands on the factory point.

Sponsored

OP
OP
AnthonyA1234

AnthonyA1234

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 1992 Mustang GT
Is there a cutout for the front factory jack stand position? I feel like I’ve only seen one in the rear

Fordohio

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WIlliam
Vehicle(s)
73 F100 20 Mustang GT
I'm surprised I've never seen anyone mention Kenny Brown Jacking rails. They are angled so they are parallel with the ground.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I'm surprised I've never seen anyone mention Kenny Brown Jacking rails. They are angled so they are parallel with the ground.
I could see why, first i like, them seeing them. Had I known about those, they would be on the car.

So to answer the question, 2 reason come to mind.

1 who knew I did not
2 the wallet

They are worth the 150, from where I stand. Being a firm believer in one gets what they pay for. These are the perfect example of that statement, purpose built.

Thank for posting this.

BTW: for anyone installing any manufactured jacking rail set.

It does NOT require the car to be jacked up.

Last edited:

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I do have the KB Jacking rails on my car they do stay flat because are properly engineered. However I think that KB Jacking rails are not compatible with Steeda IRS braces based on that both are attached to same bolts. Don't have IRS braces to verify. Otherwise the Jacking rails are great super happy with them.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I get the angled thing if you are using quick jacks all the time :sunglasses: But for other situations, wouldn't the angle actually work against you ?

Based on this scenario from the promotional video :

1625134528019.png

The angled rail is working against you and providing a more angled jacking surface than a flat rail when the car is in the most elevated / most unstable position ? (Flat rail is lower on the outer edge so it becomes more parallel to the ground as the car is lifted)

WD :like:

Last edited:

Sponsored

Donny53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I get the angled thing if you are using quick jacks all the time :sunglasses: But for other situations, wouldn't the angle actually work against you ?

Based on this scenario from the promotional video :

1625134528019.png

The angled rail is working against you and providing a more angled jacking surface than a flat rail when the car is in the most elevated / most unstable position ? (Flat rail is lower on the outer edge so it becomes more parallel to the ground as the car is lifted)

To those that have jacking rails...what prevents you from putting a jack stand under the jacking rail and not using the pinch weld? I spoke to both KB and Steeda yesterday and both said the jacking rails can be used to support the car on jack stands.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Funny & timely, wondered the same. Looking at the web page figuring it out. It looks like the answer is no they will not interfere.

The holes of course are in the same location, and the material. Beyond them also seems to be the same as the Steeda's.

All characteristics visually the same: Here is the answer and I say no. The KB rails will fit fine, pictured are Steeda's.

A little bird has just told me, there could be some Steeda rails for sale shortly ..

What I like about the KB, being flat bottomed installed, is the contact pattern of the blocks.
To nitpick, the results a RCH more of ground clearance.

View attachment 592068
Just tread carefully and check before comitting the $'s :like:

The KB rails :

1625140491832.png

Front is upper left and rear is bottom right.

Check out the rear spacing of rails that work with the Steeda braces (rear holes bottom left) :

BD16688-C-A5-A7-44-B1-815-E-95797-A01-CEDF.jpg

I reckon the KB rails are one (or maybe even two) chassis holes to far back ?

Here is the rearmost hole of the stainless rails and the front most hole used by the Steeda braces :

B9-AA4-E74-436-E-413-C-A5-B2-4182591-AAB63.jpg

And the Steeda brace with the notch to fit the frame pressing shape :

1625141123267.png

Hope that helps :like:

edit : no idea what the random attachment is below, or how to delete it !

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Just tread carefully and check before comitting the $'s :like:

The KB rails :

1625140491832.png

Front is upper left and rear is bottom right.

Check out the rear spacing of rails that work with the Steeda braces (rear holes bottom left) :

I reckon the KB rails are one (or maybe even two) chassis holes to far back ?

Here is the rearmost hole of the stainless rails and the front most hole used by the Steeda braces :

And the Steeda brace with the notch to fit the frame pressing shape :

1625141123267.png

Hope that helps :like:

edit : no idea what the random attachment is below, or how to delete it !

I agree with you again looking at the site, ready to order noticed. The year for the Mustangs was unclear. Deleted my post don't want to post incorrect info. When I can confirm will re-post OR not LOL

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I agree with you again looking at the site, ready to order noticed. The year for the Mustangs was unclear. Deleted my post don't want to post incorrect info. When I can confirm will re-post OR not LOL
If it helps and if they will share dimensions with you, compare them to this which I collected from this site when I was checking out the details for making mine :

1625142391700.png

The Steeda braces use holes 5 & 6 (hole 7 is left empty behind the Steeda brace) :

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
WD you are correct KB Jacking rails are long ones so they cover the holes needed by the Steeda Frame. That’s what I was saying. But KB Rails are great because they are flat and a bit bellow the pinch weld so that way you can’t run in OP problem case.
Sponsored