Van
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT Convertible

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
I have both of them, and they're definitely worth it, but you're going to need an alignment. I'd also invest in the subframe braces and the subframe bushing supports. All this stuff is engineered to work separately, but it shines when they're added as a group.

https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-mustang-irs-sub-frame-bushing-support-system-2015-555-4437.html
https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-mustang-rear-irs-subframe-brace-2015-coupe-555-5754.html

I have all this stuff, plus the vertical links (I have the adjustable toe links ready to go on the car), and it makes the back end super planted.

JR

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I have both of them, and they're definitely worth it, but you're going to need an alignment. I'd also invest in the subframe braces and the subframe bushing supports. All this stuff is engineered to work separately, but it shines when they're added as a group.

https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-mustang-irs-sub-frame-bushing-support-system-2015-555-4437.html
https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-mustang-rear-irs-subframe-brace-2015-coupe-555-5754.html

I have all this stuff, plus the vertical links (I have the adjustable toe links ready to go on the car), and it makes the back end super planted.

JR
NVH????

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can't comment on NVH for a convertible, as I have a fastback GT, but I didn't notice much, if any. I did add these parts in stages - 1) subframe braces, subframe support bushing braces, and bushing locating dowels; 2) vertical links; 3) differential bushings. Perhaps there was a little extra NVH, but it wasn't noticeable over the sound of my exhaust and road noise from tires.

JR

Sponsored

OP
OP

vdngo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Van
Vehicle(s)
I can't comment on NVH for a convertible, as I have a fastback GT, but I didn't notice much, if any. I did add these parts in stages - 1) subframe braces, subframe support bushing braces, and bushing locating dowels; 2) vertical links; 3) differential bushings. Perhaps there was a little extra NVH, but it wasn't noticeable over the sound of my exhaust and road noise from tires.

JR
I've got the vertical links already, so good there, the subframe braces aren't compatible with the vert with the existing brace. Good to hear about the minimal NVH. I have the Borla cat-back, so assumed that might help with some of the noise. I've got an alignment schedule too.

Did you also do Steeda for the bushing locating dowels and differential bushing?

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've got the vertical links already, so good there, the subframe braces aren't compatible with the vert with the existing brace. Good to hear about the minimal NVH. I have the Borla cat-back, so assumed that might help with some of the noise. I've got an alignment schedule too.

Did you also do Steeda for the bushing locating dowels and differential bushing?
Yes, the dowels were part of the Stop the Hop kit that I purchased initially. I bought the diff bushings, vertical links, and toe links from Mustang6G, and added them later in the process.

JR

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I have an EB and have installed the parts the OP listed as well as other chassis mods and yes there will be an increase in NVH ( noise, vibration and harshness). In my case the NVH is only at certain speeds/rpms. The GT's of course have a louder exhaust than an EB so the NVH is more noticeable, I can't comment on a vert. Once I turn on my stereo I can drown out the NVH. In conversations here as well as other Mustang forums it has been determined the NVH is mostly caused by the differential bushings. I have the black bushings and have not tried the red bushings but my car is not a daily driver and I wanted stiff chassis and suspension for spirited driving and track use.

Excelerater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
best thing you can add to your rear set up are those poly bushings
I opted for another brand on the subframe kit which I thought was better and did not need an alignment after because it was self centering
NVH,hard to tell my car has headers and so much other stuff

OP
OP

vdngo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Van
Vehicle(s)
Thanks guys... pulled the trigger on the alignment kit, bushing support, differential bushings, and add the rear toe links for good measure :)

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Thanks guys... pulled the trigger on the alignment kit, bushing support, differential bushings, and add the rear toe links for good measure :)
That’s money well spent. The only other thing I would suggest would be adding their through bolt kit with your differential bushing kit.

OP
OP

vdngo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Van
Vehicle(s)
See how it goes all the way through here.

1674607098894.jpeg
I’m intrigued now… looks like it makes sense if I’m going to do the other mods. Quick question, did you lubricate the threads, but the original bolt instructions say to use thread lock, seems to be contradictory.
Sponsored